• AARe is the best rule set out there.

• @AxisRoll:

AARe is the best rule set out there.

wtf?? I’m sorry but can u please explian better.

• I don’t agree with the AARe (Axis and Allies Revised Enhanced) philosophy.
    But to be fair, it is the most playtested house rule.

Don’t know what if he means though.
    Maybe he sugguests you to use that rule set with the modern axis and allies setup.

• @tekkyy:

I don’t agree with the AARe (Axis and Allies Revised Enhanced) philosophy.

Maybe he sugguests you to use that rule set with the modern axis and allies setup.

Ill look at them if someone says where I can find the rules. thanks

• @cyan:

@tekkyy:

I don’t agree with the AARe (Axis and Allies Revised Enhanced) philosophy.

Ill look at them if someone says where I can find the rules. thanks

updated 11/10/07

• I’m a huge fan of A&A and few years ago…about ten. I used to play every weekend. Long story short I  came accross some Fortress America parts. We simply colored the tops of some of the vehicles and tweeked the values and we easily set up for WWIII. There’s an easier way of doing it now though buy buying expansion pieces from a company called Table Top Games. I just ordered a set and am chomping at the bit in anticipation. So any veterans out there that want to beef up your game should check them out.

• @rgtmoder:

I’m a huge fan of A&A and few years ago…about ten. I used to play every weekend. Long story short I  came accross some Fortress America parts. We simply colored the tops of some of the vehicles and tweeked the values and we easily set up for WWIII. There’s an easier way of doing it now though buy buying expansion pieces from a company called Table Top Games. I just ordered a set and am chomping at the bit in anticipation. So any veterans out there that want to beef up your game should check them out.

thanks for the info.

• You can make you’re own map pretty easily with photoshop and get it printed online. (I use Zazzle.com) You end up with a map tailored perfectly for your needs with more than twice the playing area of the original game. Adhere it to a foamcore board and you’re good to go. Unless you have cats.

FILE0307.jpg
    FILE0309.jpg
    FILE0303.jpg

• nice but how do you print it?
    nice cat by the way.

• Well, like I said I went to Zazzle .com, you upload the image you want and they have it printed and shipped to you as a poster with several different quality paper and finish options. It arrives within a few days. the hardest part was gluing it to the foam core and then cutting the foam core.  The one I printed starts was 34.95 and measures 52.5" x 26.5".  I;'m happy with Zazzle but I’m sure there are other print sites out there you could use.  I’m thinking of revising the map and printing it in the next size up, 39"x78 even thought it’ll probably cost me $150 or so.  I love the idea you had of the gdp. when I did my map I used the militarys budgets  but fudged it a little after trying to figure out the average spent per soldier in each alliance.

I’d like the cat more If it didn’t chew the map to pieces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m