• What DL said.  If you are going to have the mosins, you must have a commander with them.  Thats the whole reason for the commissar.  Its an extremely cheap commander, thus you dont have to waste so many points for you mosins to move.  Also, he can murder a friendly unit so your infantry can “grow some balls” and fight better with bravery enforcement.  If you are taking a cossack captain to ride on the KV-1, then I would recommend you forget about taking mosins.  Your partisans can be places in an advantageous area where you can deploy your heros on the first round if you wish.

• I buyed a Sturmovik.
    What units do you advice to build an army with it?

• The Sturmovik is a nice ground attack aircraft, but lacking AA it needs support in that regard. Again, the best the Soviets can currently do is a bravery enforced Sniper. As with all planes, don’t simply throw the Sturmovik into the middle of the enemy and be surprised when it’s shot down.

Against enemy aircraft you’ll usually want to go second; not having AA and therefore not being able to defencive fire vs other aircraft is a severe hinderance. Against the Me262 it’s suicide.  The Superior Armour gives some added defence against enemy aircraft, helping to make up for the lack of AA, but otherwise the SA2 isn’t all that important, as ground units would have likely had to fire multiple shots anyway.

Like all aircraft, the Sturmovik is best at is harassing units; however unlike many Allied aircraft the Sturmovik has decent enough AT values to threaten any vehicle short of a Tiger (and even then it can be worth a shot).

I’d normally not recommend using the Sturmovik in a 100 point game; it’s better used in multiples and in larger games. However it’s not unuseable - it will basically replace a tank, though you should add some extra AT units to make up for the loss of firepower.

KV-1 w/ Cossack Captain
    IL-10 Sturmovik
    T-70
    Hero of the Soviet Union
    Fanatical Sniper
    Partisan x2
    Soviet Grenadier

Post Set V:

KV-1 w/ Cossack Captain
    IL-10 Sturmovik
    BT-7
    Hero of the Soviet Union
    Fanatical Sniper
    Soviet Grenadier x2
    Barbed Wire x2

• @dictator_wanna_be:

I went 2-1+ at leage night

I was 2-0 with my soviet squad

KV-1 x1
    T-34 Guards x1
    T-70 x1
    Cossack Captain x1
    Fanatical Sniper x1
    Soviet Grenaiders x2

Worked pretty well unfortuently the grenaders get so left behind from the action that they make little difference…
    Any ideas what I should run instead of the soviet grenadiers?

The Grenadiers should have still been easily able to take the objective, what happened?

If you find they really aren’t doing the trick then replace them with another Sniper or two Cossack Cavalry.

• Where can I find the rules about aircraft?
    (In the Contested Sky booster could be a stupid answer  8-))
    Can I download that from the web?

• @allamarein:

Where can I find the rules about aircraft?
    (In the Contested Sky booster could be a stupid answer  8-))
    Can I download that from the web?

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/ah20060215d

Just copy and paste to wordpad.

• @Der:

@dictator_wanna_be:

I went 2-1+ at leage night

I was 2-0 with my soviet squad

KV-1 x1
    T-34 Guards x1
    T-70 x1
    Cossack Captain x1
    Fanatical Sniper x1
    Soviet Grenaiders x2

Worked pretty well unfortuently the grenaders get so left behind from the action that they make little difference…
    Any ideas what I should run instead of the soviet grenadiers?

The Grenadiers should have still been easily able to take the objective, what happened?

If you find they really aren’t doing the trick then replace them with another Sniper or two Cossack Cavalry.

They just seem to slow in this build… i didnt have enough infanty so that might be part of the problem! The problem was that everything else had more speed and the battle was decided before I could bring them back into action. I think I will drop the T-70 maybe for more infantry, though soviet infantry bothers me that they dont have a decent basic unit… the greindiers and pps get shot at before they can engage due to limited range and the MN is comand dependent and to use it u need to almost build your team around it… I try to use the transport tank abuilities to off set this but not as god as i would like.

• So if I understand this correctly… soviet infantry are too slow, so you’re dropping your fastest unit… to add more slow infantry?  :?

Maybe some T-38s of Soviet M3 Lees then.

• @Der:

So if I understand this correctly… soviet infantry are too slow, so you’re dropping your fastest unit… to add more slow infantry?  :?

Maybe some T-38s of Soviet M3 Lees then.

hehehe very confusing… ummm what I ment is since I only had like 2/3 infantry units (cc was a ank rider obv) that I didnt get to use them effectivly, mybe if i added more infantry they would be more effective.

• Well since this new set came out, I already got 3 of the 5 soviet rares.  I got the Soviet M3 Lee, IS3, and the T-35.  My favorite out of those 3 has got to be the Soviet M3 Lee.

KV-1
    Soviet M3 Lee
    Mosin Nagants x6
    Comissar
    PPsh x2

Its not a flawless build, but it is a build with the Soviet M3 Lee.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m