Anyone here play Rise of Nations?

• Ive been playing it since its release back in 2003.  Its a really awesome game where you can play as the nation of your choice and lead that nation to victory starting from the ancient age all the way to the information age.

• Yeah, but I suck at playing the Information Age.  Mostly because I rule the world by the end of the 6th age at latest.

Would you believe I favor using the French for their military?

• @newpaintbrush:

Yeah, but I suck at playing the Information Age.  Mostly because I rule the world by the end of the 6th age at latest.

Would you believe I favor using the French for their military?

Actually, I also love using the French in RoN.  Using them with Republic researched and making the Palace at Versailles wonder and you got an army that will last for awhile.

• I made an European scenario that isn’t very balanced, but fun, against the computers modeling the early 20th century diplomatic situations (and, obviously, the wars.) I made everyone have essentially unlimited resources, because I figure that most problems with production in that game are speed bottlenecks, and bombing factories would do that.

It may be more balanced if I made the computers harder, but I hate invading Russia when they actually fight back…

P.S. You play as Germany, because Tiger tanks are very powerful, and they are a great civilization to play as anyway.

• @Nukchebi0:

I made an European scenario that isn’t very balanced, but fun, against the computers modeling the early 20th century diplomatic situations (and, obviously, the wars.) I made everyone have essentially unlimited resources, because I figure that most problems with production in that game are speed bottlenecks, and bombing factories would do that.

It may be more balanced if I made the computers harder, but I hate invading Russia when they actually fight back…

P.S. You play as Germany, because Tiger tanks are very powerful, and they are a great civilization to play as anyway.

I tried making a WWII scenario once.  Kinda hard to make a Europe map even if its the “Big Huge” size.

Anyways, do you still play Rise of Nations?  Id like to play you sometime.  Im tired of playing on the gamespy servers, where everyone thinks they are “L337” and if you have a crappy online record theyll kick you from their game.  Lately ive just been playing with friends I know.

• I do when I feel like an RTS, but I would love to play you. A warning, though. I haven’t played online before, so it may do me some good to be teamed.

P.S. I economy blitz to the Inormation Age super tech against the computer, because then you don’t have to think.

• @Nukchebi0:

I do when I feel like an RTS, but I would love to play you. A warning, though. I haven’t played online before, so it may do me some good to be teamed.

P.S. I economy blitz to the Inormation Age super tech against the computer, because then you don’t have to think.

If you have a friend that would like to have as a teammate, I can have a friend that would play with us on my team as well.  He says he isnt good, but in my opinion hes intermediate.  We can do a 2 vs 2, no nukes, everything else regular (except of course no territory victory and no wonder victory).  :wink:

• I don’t have any friend who own it, so we can’t fo that.

Do you have two friends that could play, with one, or you on my team?

Maybe, you could watch me play a game vs. the computer to see how good I actually am.

• @Nukchebi0:

I don’t have any friend who own it, so we can’t fo that.

Do you have two friends that could play, with one, or you on my team?

Maybe, you could watch me play a game vs. the computer to see how good I actually am.

Actually I got a lot of friends that play this game.  So what ever you want to do.  We can do 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, even a 4 vs 4.  We can even do a good ol fashion Free For All.  :wink:

• Ok. We need to wait until a weekend and evaluate the skill levels of everyone accordingly to provide with a fun game.

Any number of friends you want I will play with.

• Im good for a 1 vs 1 match after my CoH game with Jermofoot.  How about it?  :wink:

• 10:00  tonight or later.

Email me meteor354@msn.com.

• I added you to my X-fire.

I live in Oregon, just so you know for time zones.

• Sorry about not replying right away.  Im in Pacific time too.  I noticed you added me to xfire.  Hopefully we can get a game going tonight.  Hopefully.

• You can set it up.

Anyway, tomorrow would work much better than tonight.

Anytime after five.

I don’t feel like dong anything other than owning with a Battlefield 2 attack chopper tonight.

• @Nukchebi0:

You can set it up.

Anyway, tomorrow would work much better than tonight.

Anytime after five.

I don’t feel like dong anything other than owning with a Battlefield 2 attack chopper tonight.

Surething man.  Actually im scheduled to go to a LAN tomorrow, so its perfect.

• I’ll hop on X-fire chat and bother you.

Anyways, perhaps we could play first as a team against the computers, so you can help me a little bit in improving my play.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m