• @Der:

Best of all though was my Buffalo Soldier who earned some medals that night (though posthumously):

He was a real american hero.  :cry:

• @MechanizedWarfare:

@Der:

Best of all though was my Buffalo Soldier who earned some medals that night (though posthumously):

He was a real american hero.  :cry:

I’m thinking the shock of having his whole battalion wiped out might have made him a little nuts - like rolling berserk for the russians in squad leader.

• What a neat thread! It’s too bad this game didn’t come out 10-15 years ago. I would have been all over it.

I did pick up a few pieces with the intention of using them for Flames of War once a buddy and I had some terrain built but it hasn’t happened yet. Making terrain is tough work…sick.

I enjoyed reading that battle of Kursh recap, although I wouldn’t have used as many Tigers and probably would have thrown it a few elephants or others assault guns. Good stuff!

• I expect that Elephants would soon be making an appearance (Hopefully)  I just picked up some tank killers and had some success with my Hetzer.  I now have a JagdPanther and a JagdTiger just waiting for the right time to introduce them…  Lost another one last Sunday.  But this one was very close went 10 rounds and lost on points.  My vet Tiger was impressive taking out 3 out of the 4 tank fielded with some help of some SS pG (God I love those pieces) But that Friggen Flaming churchill rolled 3 6’s and that was that.  It’s amazing how much punishment my vet took before going down.  All in all excellent game.

• The Elefant isn’t out yet; it is in the upcoming set (Reserves) though.

• Chalk up one for the Fatherland.  Had that 300 pt game.  It opened with an unpleasant surprise of not 1, not 2 but 3 crocks and a KV1 with a reg Sherman in support.  Lots of Screaming Eagles and a Royal Engineer hero and a P 51.  I fielded KT, VT, 1 SS Panther,  and a Brumbar 7 SS pg’s 2 snipes 2 ss haups, hero FW 190.  The game started out with a 6 for a map roll (Tiger heaven) and the race was on.  The allies came in hard and started pushing the axis back.  they broke into 2 armor sections .  2 crocks on the left and the KV/Crock and Sherman on the right.

I used the headshot ability early on and disrupted the KV on the right and a Crock on the left.  I went in on the KV with the King and Vet with the Panther in support but ended up taking out the crock instead. The paras dropped in to visit and put a  nice ring around by force.  The FW190 came in to take out the sniper and ended up having a dog fight with the Mustang (both planes ended up flaming each other)  I can never get a plane to work for me!!!  The god of dice treated me well and slammed the armor force.

The Brumbar worked extremly well as well as the snipers (Besides hitting the head shots one took out the Engineer)

Thanks DL for the ideas !!!

Axis fan out

• A few new ones:

My Dornier speed boosts to disrupt a Meteor, which in turn destroys my ammo depot. I have a Hungarian ATG I was going to move, then think ‘what the heck’ and try and shoot the Jet plane. It prompty goes down in flames.

A lowly Volkstrum soldier, with a little extra ammo, mowed down a Canadian Hero that hard torn the rest of his unit to shreds.

A four way battle on 8 maps; each player recieved two boosters and made a 100 point force out of whatever was in it. My army wasn’t great but not terrible; a Soviet Lee, two nebelwerfers, some infantry (though a Fallschirmjager and Ranger was nice), no depots, and two czech tanks. Opponent #1 had an Elefant, Ammo Depot, Fallschirmjager, and some infantry. Opponent #2 had a Panther, Fuel Depot, Ammo Depot, T-35, and two BA-10Ms. Opponent #3 had a Meteor, two canadian ATGs, a ton of partisans (french and german), and assorted light vehicles. There were three objectives; all along the centre - one in the middle and two to either side.  The middle was worth 10 points/round, and the sides 5 pts/round.

I went first and landed the Fallschirmjager on the middle objective turn 1.  My tanks were shot up by the Panther and Elefant, and few of my infantry survived. I managed to drag one of the nebelwerfers across the map before it finally fired - opening up with a salvo and taking out a ton of enemy infantry (he had forgotten the salvo and hadn’t noticed I was in range). The Elefant did very little except lumber around, as both of my other opponents tried to team up and take it out.

Finally on turn 10 my Fallschirmjager, who had been sitting on the objective the whole time, jumped off to close assault the Panther that had moved beside me to stop me from getting the points and destroyed it. That paratrooper singlehandedly won me the game. My only other kill was from the Lee taking out a BA-10M.

He single handedly won me the game, despite aircraft and enemy infantry trying to dislodge him.

• Leiter:  I tried checking out Kurst pics and can’t see them.  Are they still available?

• @axisfan:

Leiter:  I tried checking out Kurst pics and can’t see them.  Are they still available?

Actually Id like to see them again as well.

• I think I’ve fixed all the links now, let me know if any don’t work (although occassionaly it’s just because of freewebs being… well freewebs).

We recently had a 4 player game of Poland 1939; two players were Poland, one was Germany, and the last (myself) was Russia. The map was 4x4 with a large city in the central. Objective: Each City Hex is worth 1 point; 2 points to the Russians (due to their smaller force).

GERMAN FORCES, 300 Points
    4x BMW R75
    3x Light Mortar
    9x Mauser
    3x Me 110
    4x Pz II C
    4x Pz 38(t)
    3x Sd Kdz 222
    9x Sd Kfz 250
    4x Sd Kfz 251
    1x SS-HSF

POLISH FORCES, 300 Points
    5x 37mm ATG
    3x 40mm Bofors
    6x BAR Gunner
    2x Bold Captain
    4x Vickers MG
    9x Cavalrymen
    12x Determined Infantrymen
    12x Polish Mauser
    3x Vickers Mk E
    2x 7TPdw

RUSSIAN FORCES
    3x BA-10M
    2x BT-7
    1x Commissar
    1x Cossack Captain
    4x Cossack Cavalrymen
    3x DP-27
    3x KMT MG
    9x Mosin-Nagant
    2x Soviet T-26
    1x T-35
    2x KMT Officers

Not quite as big as our usual battles, but we wanted something we could finish in one night.

Poland deployed first, with MGs and two 37mms pointing west, the rest pointing east. All three Vickers tanks were deployed east as well, along with a significant number of cavalry and infantry. I was starting to think the Polish might suspect a Russian attack…

With all their infantry mechanized, the Germans simply blitzed in; ignoring casualties and defencive-fire they just kept coming. On turn two the lead units were already outside the city, while back on my side the Polish were actually invading my maps! However I took only light loses and managed to push them back. The high speed of the BA-10Ms and BT-7s allowed a very mobile reserve.

My T-35 slowly trudged down the road, not even firing; I wanted to get it in or close to Poland ASAP.  I took very light casualties, though two of them included DP-27s. In return I managed to knock out all of his ATGs, damage one tank, and drive the other two off. His infantry were falling back as rapidly as possible to the city.

Back on the Western side, the German Panzer IIs had taken up firing position on the city and were hammering away at it; their 8 attacks devastating the infantry. The Pz 38(t)s, Polish Vickers, and Russian BT-7s/BA-10Ms began some sort of bizzare dance, with all sides taking pot shots at each other from long range.

The T-35 on the second last turn FINALLY gets to fire a shot; it singlehandedly shoots down an Me-110. The T-35 was actually quite useful, keeping enemy infantry and vehicles at bay since they couldn’t handle it’s firepower, allowing my infantry to move up fairly unimpeeded.

In the final rounds my fast tanks sped into the city preventing either of my opponents from capturing the locations and allowing me to squeak by with a win, though I would only call it a temporary and minor one.

All in all a very nice game, though the Germans seemed to have too much stuff for one player; we’re thinking maybe 30 units per player is the magic number.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m