• Your logistics skill are lacking…

Here is a sample:
    UK1:  Buy AC, TRN, 2 INF
    Move 1 ARM from ECan to UK
    Place the build
    UK now has 4 INF, 1 ART, 2 ARM.  They have a transport capacity of 6 divisions.  They also have 3 air divisions that can be used.

You will notice that i said 6-8 dvisions, because you CAN get more divisions, but it changes the UK1 build to include another TRN.

As for WHERE those landings can occur…
    the UK TRNs, depending on build location and UK1 movement, can occur in full force anywhere from Algeria to Archangel from the following SZs (depending on naval presence, etc.):  12, 7, 6, 5, 3, 4.  They can do a 4 division landing as far away as SZ23 or SZ14, again depending on UK1 movment and other naval presence.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, and it appeared that you said you were transporting 6 UK Divisions on Round 1.  I was curious as to how you were doing that.  That’s all.  I guess you meant to say prepare to transport 6 UK Divisions on Round 1, actually do it on Round 2.

• It is not what I “meant” to say, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

A 4 division follow up to a 6-8 division UK landing in Turn 2 is pretty nice force

And to add in the previous context…

That is a UK2 landing of 6-8 divisions, followed by a US2 landing of 4 divisions.

Really Jen, with this, and your other posts elsewhere, you need to spend a bit more time reading posts before you reply to them.

@ncscswitch:

It is not what I “meant” to say, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

Really Jen, with this, and your other posts elsewhere, you need to spend a bit more time reading posts before you reply to them.

I so feel your pain after reading your replies most times!

• @Nukchebi0:

@Jennifer:

I have no problem adding in Cover Air Patrol to shoot down bombers, but it adds more rules to the game, not less.  I was aiming at less.

But we could say max damage of 50% of max production by a capital or 100% of max production of another territory not to exceed 25% of a nations total income per game round.  If that’s better then doing away with it entirely.

But it is strategy game. It needs to have many vague, complex rules. Just kidding, though I think it would enhance the game enough. I like the 25% idea, also.

I could second that. I think what they were aiming for in the revised was to nerf heavy bombers beacause of the 3die down to 2. and only being able to destroy the territorys net worth of IPC’s. so yes. The idea of only being able to bomb germany or UK to lose 8-10 IPC per turn is fair. because if you cant produce units. your literally getting gang banged. maybe even change the heavy boimbing rule to 2 die on attack and only 1 die for SBR. it’ll reduce the huge amount of cash loss while keeping the HB a very important unit.

• Best game as Germany was in the old version.  The Allies were kicking my ass (there wasn’t any bid used), and they were pressing in on Germany.  So I went for tech (there really wasn’t much choice; I needed 2 IPC infantry or heavy bombers), and I got heavy bombers.  W00t.

I still lost, but it was a lot of fun.

@newpaintbrush:

Best game as Germany was in the old version.  The Allies were kicking my a** (there wasn’t any bid used), and they were pressing in on Germany.  So I went for tech (there really wasn’t much choice; I needed 2 IPC infantry or heavy bombers), and I got heavy bombers.  W00t.

2 IPC infantry rocked!  Especially as Russia!  Suddenly Russia’s not spitting out 8 infantry a round, but more like 12 infantry a round!

• @Jennifer:

@newpaintbrush:

Best game as Germany was in the old version.  The Allies were kicking my a** (there wasn’t any bid used), and they were pressing in on Germany.  So I went for tech (there really wasn’t much choice; I needed 2 IPC infantry or heavy bombers), and I got heavy bombers.  W00t.

2 IPC infantry rocked!  Especially as Russia!  Suddenly Russia’s not spitting out 8 infantry a round, but more like 12 infantry a round!

Anyone know why the had taken out industrial technology?

• Now that you can target tech rolls IT would distort the game. Too much would rely on whether Germany or Russia got IT first.

• @ncscswitch:

It is not what I “meant” to say, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I SAID.

A 4 division follow up to a 6-8 division UK landing in Turn 2 is pretty nice force

And to add in the previous context…

That is a UK2 landing of 6-8 divisions, followed by a US2 landing of 4 divisions.

evolution anyone?  :roll:

@Infantry:

Now that you can target tech rolls IT would distort the game. Too much would rely on whether Germany or Russia got IT first.

Well, if they had left it in and not altered Hvy Bombers except to limit then to best of 3 dice on SBR runs, it would have evened out.

• @Jennifer:

@Infantry:

Now that you can target tech rolls IT would distort the game. Too much would rely on whether Germany or Russia got IT first.

Well, if they had left it in and not altered Hvy Bombers except to limit then to best of 3 dice on SBR runs, it would have evened out.

I think the reference was to the tech that allowed you to save 1 IPC per unit.

Spend 20 IPC on tech, get a slightly better than 50% chance.

Now you need to buy 20 units to make that back.  20 infantry now cost you 40 IPC.

Simple.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m