• Despite the fact that Chirac whooped Le Pen in the votes, I was wondering what you think would happen if Le Pen was president.

• In my opinion, if Le Pen were elected president we would probably have another world war or a war. I don’t know weather America would step in and make an attempt to stop it, but if America did, I think it would probably end up a little bloody. No one else seems to want to post on this subject so I figured I would throw my opinion in before taking a look at other peoples.

• I’m not terribly knowledgable about the french elections, but Le Pen sounds like kind of a nazi. Not someone I would want representing me to my government, even if I were french.

• Hah. I agree with you. Although he is a fascist, he sounds like he wants to create another kristallnacht and another halocaust.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We dont allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?–Joseph Stalin

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think–Adolf Hitler

[ This Message was edited by: Disclaimer on 2002-05-10 15:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Disclaimer on 2002-05-10 16:37 ]

• what i want to know is how fascists like that get so populur in the first place.

did no one learn from world war 2 what fasctism leeds too? especilly from a some what influentel country.

• People follow alot of different causes and different people they wouldn’t normally follow because words can work wonders. It is easy to believe, especially when the people that live in the country might not care about history. Most of us at this site like history, especially WWII; but believe it or not there are people out there who don’t care about anything but themselves. Don’t take this as applying to everyone in France, but that is the only explination in my mind.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We dont allow our enemies to have guns, why should we allow them to have ideas?–Joseph Stalin

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don’t think–Adolf Hitler

[ This Message was edited by: Disclaimer on 2002-05-10 18:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Disclaimer on 2002-05-10 18:56 ]

• I know nothing of french politics…just that le pen was “a nazi” according to the media.

• no, you would do nothing, as long as France stays in the EU and in the Nato. You have done nothing about Berlusconi, Haider or whatever the nationalist party in denmark is called.

• But what has the nationalist party in denmark done?

• what has LePen done? The Danish Peoples Party supports the Government, even though they are not part of it, they are the votes who make make majority in the parliament. Denmark is a pretty liberal country, but still i wouldn’t like to be a “non-westerner” there. (i would say the situation is similar to what may hapen in the Netherlands, even after the murder of Pim Fortuyn: they will have a strong right “very right” wing party in a liberal society).

• Le Pen hasn’t done anything because he has not been elected to term. Other than that, you lost while attempting to explain Denmark’s views to me.

• The nationalsit party there won 12% of the votes from a quite “dirty” electorial campaign, playing with the fears the ppl have against muslims (esp. after Sept. last year).

• Aha, so what are you trying to say with this?

• well, you asked what they have done…

• Haha, thanks. Sorry.

• What were this Le Pen guys veiws, i heard almost nothing about him.

• He wanted to return France to its past state. I can’t remember the details at the moment without screwing them up, but one was he wanted to deport all people not French.

• history shows that always works…

• I agree that it always works…in provoking a revolt.

• that’s true.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m