I don’t know why one is best

need to compare
    *period of inactivity before deletion
    *amount of wait

I think rapidshare has variable wait
    megaupload has fixed 45 sec wait
    speedyshare has no wait, I think
    but speedyshare’s URL is a bunch of numbers

• I dont know anything about these sites…

we need one that will allow for up to 15 MB file transfer and be free. which of these are capable of this?

• The list are all free. No sign-up required.

Yourfilehost is 25MB.

It even lets you put

*Your Nickname or Sitename
    *Your website (optional)

• ok going with that.

• after reading your comments at harrisgamedesign about China falling too quickly
    I start to think we need to add China as a new player as much as we need Italy
    I am also feeling uncomfortable with the relatively rushed Italy deal

New thoughts on Italy deal:

I don’t think we need to preserve Germany at 40 IPC.
    Germany is only doing less % of what they usually have to do.

I just feel weird with a 20 IPC territory Germany.
    Wouldn’t say its realistic neither would we.
    Also, SBR on Germany is a different story now too.

So I am thinking
    *remove +10 IPC to territory Germany
    *remove the free 12 IPC for US lend-lease only

Instead add a smaller Germany income via
    *make new territory north of Switzerland (maintain Germany’s border access)

China deal:

This is difficult. Might have to break the “no new setup unit” situation.
    Just thinking out loud here.

2 IPC Sinkiang
    2 IPC “China”
    1 IPC “Inner Mongolia”
    1 IPC “Outer Tibert” new VC

(only “China” is adjacent to Japanese territories, and “China” remains adjacent to “Singkiang”)

Total 6 IPC. 3 VCs.

1st INF 1 IPC
    Other INF 2 IPC

China can now raise troops quicker. But Japan can still flank.

• The China situation would largely depend on how many changes would ALSO be required to address Japans victory conditions. We would have to model the war more effectively by not tying together the axis victory with a defeated Soviet Union.

Japan would have to win by using the national victory conditions as we have under optional rules. That would help solve the problem.

Also if we went ahead and made six or four total Chinese territories…that would have to take place only on the phase 3 map.

A number of Chinese rules would have reflect some internal ability to rebuild units so that Japan does not take them out in a few turns.

I think they should also be seperate, but if we do this i strongly feel that we must also insist on national victory conditions because the increase in territories would totally change the outcome of those typical games where japan knocks out the Soviets winning the game for the Axis.

I would say to give them 2 IPC infantry and not allow any other builds unless in the form of ‘flying tigers’ or some aid from burma road NA.
    They should now be allowed to make attacks and i suspect japanese would have some limits on what they can do… perhaps it can be limits on total japanese infantry… or limits on attacks…of some terrain benifit?

ideas?

• To get rid of the 20IPC Germany, sounds good. That really isn’t historical compared to the US for example, and not doing the “historical” name adding to the game any good… But I would say, create a new territory east of Switzerland, instead of north. We could make Austria the new territory. Value?
    I say east, because it is easier to defend against allied invasions.

China… Well, that indeed will ask for setup adjustments.  And we should create lend lease air transports to Chinese territory. This could halt Japanese race for Moscow… However we already made efforts on that with the VC’s and individual goals…

How do you see it? Inner Mongolia and Outer Tibet on top of each other, placed between China (west of it) and Sinkiang (east of it)

• Id do it (china) like they have in Xenos world at war.

Also, you have the issue about the Soviets… currently no allied units are allowed in the SU.

further Italy is the new 6th player and that income is taking away from the original german income.

So… how does one solve the problem of no allies in russia and less income for germany?

Lend lease would help fix the first problem while the second is not addressed.

Ok if you make the total of net income from germany and italy equal to OOB germany income… Germany remains too weak

If you make the allies pay for the lend lease with their own money you make them weak as well…

I maintain the best solution was to add FREE money as lend lease to SU as we have done AND compensate germany with some additional income to ofset this.

The solution may be as one of you said to ‘add’ more german territories… I like this idea alot because it will allow the ‘national redoubt’ option on that NA. Id like to see germany in 2 territories and possibly adding poland to OBSORB the 20 spot on germany…

what you guys think?

• If we can add more territories in China, then in Germany also. I see what you mean with weakening them to much… But with adding Poland…? Isn’t EE already representing Poland? Or will this mean that the North of Eastern Europe will be turned in to East Prussia? Or is this to much?

This will mean to keep the free lend lease for Russia right.

I will look into Xeno’s China…

• Its an either or deal with lend lease.

if its free and does not come from allied pockets than germany has to have more income

if its something that the allies have to ‘spend’ then germany can get away with a little less money being added to her territories. perhaps none.

• Iffy we add more territories, then more income and free lend lease are the way to go.

• No the idea is to take the 20 currently on germany and add it to other german new territories.

north germany can be 10
    southern germany can be 5
    Poland can be 5
    or

add baltic states, low countries, add money to finland/ norway

their are many things to do.

I would like to see EE broken a bit into poland, and money to finland 2, norway 1, poland 2, southern germany 5= 10 thats all you need.  another idea is to make germany into 3 territories: Ruhr, southern, northern or Ruhr, western and eastern ( more historical)

• @Imperious:

if its free and does not come from allied pockets than germany has to have more income
    if its something that the allies have to ‘spend’ then germany can get away with a little less money being added to her territories. perhaps none.

I prefer no free lend-lease with little less money added to Germany.

Currently:
    US +12 IPC lend-lease only
    Japan +2 IPC
    Italy +2 IPC
    Germany +10 IPC

If we get rid of free 12 IPC lend-lease…can we do with just adding 2 IPC to Germany?

New territory near Switzerland has the benefit of Germany maintaining borders and not causing logistic changes.
    2 IPC new territory sort of inside Germany.

Western/Eastern Germany is a bigger change. Though you get a better race better USSR and US/UK.
    6 IPC West, 6 IPC East?

Or we could do with a 2 IPC Low Countries.

Lets not introduce too many new territories.

Yes China (like Itlay) is also only for phase 3 map.
    A defense bonus is also a solution.
    Italy is already not the most fun player to play. China even less so.

• @Imperious:

No the idea is to take the 20 currently on germany and add it to other german new territories.

I meant this. take the 20, means more IPC… Normal is 10…

Adding only a territory of 2 ipc, could aslo be the way. No major change. Low Countries, could be added yes but this will give Germany another territory to defend against invasions from the sea… So maybe South Germany or Austria is a better option…

• Yeah.
    Could call it South Germany, German Alps or the historical name for the region.
    And then give it mountainous terrain. For the defense bonus.

• and what about the poland idea and the idea of getting a couple of bucks to finland?

we got to sort out 10 bucks.

• and what about the poland idea and the idea of getting a couple of bucks to finland?
    we got to sort out 10 bucks.

Wait aren’t we going the no free lend-lease with less money added approach?

20 IPC Germany isn’t realistic.
    Inflating Europe here and there isn’t neither. Consider IPC proportion of overall map.

How many IPC should Germany have?
    Add only 2 IPC Southern Germany would make Germany 32 IPC.
    But Africa and Middle East is Italy’s job.

Btw, should Switzerland be Mountainous too?

• Wait aren’t we going the no free lend-lease with less money added approach?

++++ ok that makes my job easier. how much can USA and UK loan to the Soviets?  How will this effect germany on the phase 3 map? they are in the hole a large chunk of money…

20 IPC Germany isn’t realistic.
    Inflating Europe here and there isn’t neither. Consider IPC proportion of overall map.

+++++ i had some new ideas… normal germany goes to 12 ipc, finland is added 1 (its a seperate territory), Southern Germany is 5 IPC, and we give germany 2 IPC from sewden as aid representing iron ore deposits. That would make up for the 10 and it only involves one additional territory…

How many IPC should Germany have?
    Add only 2 IPC Southern Germany would make Germany 32 IPC.
    But Africa and Middle East is Italy’s job.

Btw, should Switzerland be Mountainous too?

+++++ yes and south germany as well. Norway should be as well.

• How would you like to split Eastern Europe? I mean you get Poland, and what else? Make it one extra step from Germany to Karellia. I like adding the new territories, and keeping the free lend lease of 12 IPC. But only if Germany is no higher then 12.

So you will get;
    Germany 12
    Southern Germany 5
    Finland 3
    Poland 3
    Eastern Europe (or new name) 2

• So you will get;
    Germany 12
    Southern Germany 5
    Finland 3
    Poland 3
    Eastern Europe (or new name) 2

NO.

you will get;
    Germany 12
    Southern Germany 4
    Finland 1
    Poland 3

before it was germany 20. the extra 10 is distributed in this new manner.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m