• I know this thread has come up before, but has anyone ever heard a family member or a friend or anyone saying something that just stuck with you?  It can be for humorous reasons, deep reasons, or whatever other reason…

• From my grandfather, when I told him that I may have to settle as a business major:

“EJ, stop trying to make money. Do something that you enjoy. Don’t spend your entire life trying to make money. You spend most of your conscious time as an adult working. You damn well better enjoy it. Your a smart guy and you’ll make money wherever you go. You have that opportunity, which your father and I didn’t have”

And so, I decided to major in political science.

• “You’re so money and you don’t even know it!”

“I f***in’ hate that guy.  If he was drowning and needed my help, I’d throw him a cinder-block.”

“You know that show Pimp my Ride?  Well you need to be on the show Pimp my Life.”

• “Everything in moderation, including moderation”

“This life isn’t a test run, it is all you have.”

• @Yanny:

From my grandfather, when I told him that I may have to settle as a business major:

“EJ, stop trying to make money. Do something that you enjoy. Don’t spend your entire life trying to make money. You spend most of your conscious time as an adult working. You damn well better enjoy it. Your a smart guy and you’ll make money wherever you go. You have that opportunity, which your father and I didn’t have”

And so, I decided to major in political science.

I give your gramps deep props on that one.  He sounds cool.

I’ll have to think of my own, though.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

“Girl, your words speak so loudly, I cannot hear a word you are saying.”  Russian immigrant friend of the family to me when I was in my more radicle extreme years.  (Roughly 10-12 year ago.)

Since then I’ve taken to heart that I do not need to speak in public to make my stance known, I just act.  I don’t like you?  I don’t associate with you or do business with you.  (ie Dixie Chicks, Geniene Garafalouw, Jack Black, Miller Brewing Company, Heinz - and that’s a hard one for me!)  Meanwhile, I have no compunction with going and buying hotdogs for the homeless.

Sure beats standing on a soapbox and crying about how bad the homeless have it!

• It seems everyone is going with serious “advice” kind of quotes, so here’s one a buddy of mine told me:

“The minimum would not be the minimum if it wasn’t good enough.”

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@AgentOrange:

It seems everyone is going with serious “advice” kind of quotes, so here’s one a buddy of mine told me:

“The minimum would not be the minimum if it wasn’t good enough.”

“When dealing with educators, remember to eat the puff balls of wisdom, then spit out the puff.”  Commencement speach from Dr. Suess.  He got a lot of money for that, and it was short, sweet and to the point!

“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” also from Dr. Suess

• When dealing with the bible, remember to eat the puff balls of wisdom, then spit out the puff……a maddog original…well not exactly!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m