• I have recently bought Conquest of the Empire and find it a very enjoyable game. People familiar with this game know of the road system. Where you can build roads to increase the movement of your troops. I was wondering if a similar system could be used for axis and allies using railroads? Has anyone incorporated railroads in house rules? On a side note has anyone come up with good house rules for adding oil  and oil fields to the game?

• It could get complicated.
    Some territories would already have railroads so you just upgrade (1 turn?) Some territories you build from scratch (2 turns?).

Also for transportation, theduke one mentioned a bottleneck system where only a limited number of units can move between certain territories per turn.

I thought about it. On implementing a rule it would like restrict the number of land units fighting in the first cycle.

Oil could be complicated too.
    An idea we usually hear about is restricting unit movement.
    And then you also have petrol reserves/storage to think about.

• I have railroads and oil fleld territory on my A&A game.
    (I’m a railfan since 20 years so it was normal to incorporate railraod on my game.
    I found a lot of info on the net about railroad line in 1939.
    So i incorporated european,asian and american railroad line on my map.

Here’s my house rules.
    Each player can move infantry and artillery by railroads.
    1 units per territory.
    During the non combat movement, infantry and/or artillery can make a 2 two zones move.  The player must use is own railway he can’t pass throught an ennemy occupied zone.
    There’s one exception. USSR.
    The Russian player can move 3 infantries ( Or 3 artillery) because this player has the trans-siberian railway national advantage.

For oilfiled. It’s simple.
    I have 20 oil territory.
    USSR 2, USA 2, France 2, UK 3, Chana 1,Italy 1, neutral country 9. 
    If you take possession of an ennemy oil territory. The lost player must pay to the new owner, twice of the value of the territory. example. If the german player occupied Egypt (2 IPC). The UK must pay 4 IPC to the german player.

If a player lost all is oil territory he’s going to get a penalty.
    At the beginning of his turn he must roll a dice. 
    1 or 2: Ground unit cannot attack.
    3 or 4 : Air unit cannont attack.
    5 or 6 : Naval unit cannot attack.
    (No effect for transport and submarine).

Oil is realy important. Infatc, you cannot make the war without that.
    For Hitler itwas too late.

Alan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m