• This guy is the kind of politician we need here in the U.S.

http://www.skattetryk.dk/2006/08/31/ren-besked

• Do you think the caller was able to sit down after that?  :evil: :-D

Rob.

• Wow, what an a-hole.  He wouldn’t get my vote.

• 2007 AAR League

i love that guy, he’s right.  there are no muslims who stand up to those psychos, but all muslims did get mad at a cartoon.  As long a we dont make cartoons of mohammed out of fear or retribution or turmoil, we are not free people.  The muslims will have their day when we do decide to just sum it up and trade blows with multiple muslim nations and their unwillingness and ineptitude to stop these islamic lunatics from killing people.

• Granted, he was rude, crude, and confrontational.

I would choose that over a politician who refuses to do anything before he’s guaranteed that he’ll win the next election.

• @balungaloaf:

there are no muslims who stand up to those psychos, but all muslims did get mad at a cartoon.  As long a we dont make cartoons of mohammed out of fear or retribution or turmoil, we are not free people.

My question to him, as well as you, is how do you know that all Muslims dismiss terrorism?  And, considering that many do not participate in that very tactic, why is not acceptable that they got mad?  Would Christians not get mad at Jesus in a flak jacket wielding an M16?
    By extension to your second comment, burning the flag certifies our freedom as well.

@Yahoshua:

Granted, he was rude, crude, and confrontational.

I would choose that over a politician who refuses to do anything before he’s guaranteed that he’ll win the next election.

If conduct is always in question concerning political leaders, he would fail in that regard.

• He still has resolve, something I’m finding to be more and more rare as time progresses.

And not many of our presidnets have shining reputations for good conduct.

Bush with the drunnk driving while he was young, Clinton with Monica Lewinsky, Bush Sr. with the “Bush Thing,” Jimmy Carters’ freelance diplomacy.

I’m sure I could pull up LOTS of nasty misconduct by our presidents if I wanted to.

Yet when it comes down to it, it becomes the choice of 2 evils.

Who is the LEAST evil person you would want in office?

At that point I gave up. So I’ll sit on the sidelines, rant, try to influence people to straighten up and fly right all the while I’m building up enough resources to get the hell out of dodge.

I know I’m a bit strange. Hoping that things will change even as I’m donning a lifejacket on a ship that is most assuredly sinking.

• This guy is hilarious.  He’s either a genius at parodying idiots, or he is one freaked-out fanatic.
    Did he just call all Muslims beetles?
    Does he treat everyone this way?  Or just Muslims?

• Yes he called them beetles, and I have no idea if he was having a bad day or if he’s like this all the time.

• 2007 AAR League

Christians have put up with a lot more than jesus with an m-16.  Christians dont support killing people who offend them.  ITs just offending someone, people dont need to die because of that.  The muslims, if you pay attention, will always have a few guys that kindof say what the terrorists are doing is wrong.  They do not use strong language however.  Its like there is an understanding of why it was done but they still to an extent dont agree with it.  Now with the muhammed cartoon, you had people and governments of every muslim nation outraged and calling for revenge and promised revenge if it happened again.  Even the moderate muslim leaders like the hashemite king of Jordan.  They wont come together to make big noise about the daily slaughter in iraq of muslim vs muslim, the dont seem to be outraged at muslims slaughtering christians in darfur almost every single day.  They dont seem to be trying to hard to stop the virulent hate speech from mosques in almost every country in the world.  They dont seem to care to much about the daily deaths in timor, indonesia and the rest of S.East asia.  If they did care that much they would make their voices loud again and be angry, but they arent, only when there is a cartoon made.

• For me, this guy’s rant is pointless for a few reasons:

1. He’s wrong.  Hundred’s of Imams in Canada and Europe (i do not know about the US, but the assumption is easily made that the same would be true there as well) have been quite verbal in their “outrage” at the acts of radical Muslims, and have offered their respective governments all of their help.
    2. He’s ignorant.  He has no idea what is occurring in the Muslim community.  He does not know that many Imams stand in front of the mosques and preach a message of peace to their adherants.  This is a white guy, expecting that for some reason Muslims will express their outrage to other white guys, when they are expressing it to Muslims - the people who need to hear and heed their messages.  Also i wonder if he actually knows any Muslims.  I’ve dated, worked with, and been close friends with many Muslims, and these are all very peaceful, very respectful, very caring and compassionate people.  More so than the majority of Christians that i have dealt with.  Given a choice between these people that i’ve known and cared about, and a society of rightwing Christians, i would prefer the company of my Muslim friends.
    3. He’s stupid.  Well - he’s smart if he just wants to light the phones up for idiots and Muslims to call in, but if he actually gives a shit about the situation, he’d be much more constructive.  All his radio program is doing is fomenting hate between people.  I gotta’ admit - if his radio station got blown up with him in it, i really would not be surprised.  In fact, it would surprise me that he made it home alive after that.  I guess intelligent/peaceful Muslims do not listen to his station that often.
    4. He’s kind of rude.  The caller told him that he had tried to call into a talk-radio show other times, and they guy basically said “no you didn’t”.  With people like this dominating the airwaves, how and why would any self-respecting Muslim even bother to call in to express their sadness/anger at the actions of the fanatical Muslims.
      Again - this guy might be a Muslim-loving genius who is just looking for ratings and a cult-of-personality and the kind of hero-worship that ignorant rednecks tend to shower on these kinds of people.  If so - well done, but very seflish.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m