• 2007 AAR League

Wait a minute, cuz that’s a big change for how I’ve been playing.

In my first scenario, if I take West Russia and I used all of my Russian assets to do it, do I then have to move all of my surviving units from Russia into the newly captures West Russia??

• 2007 AAR League

All but the fighter

• Yes all the victorious survivors must go to West Russia.  That is why you declare which forces are going to be used to attack.  I know I have been guilty of sending way to many forces to attack a weakly defended territory only to wish I hadn’t sent so many.

• @4thmac:

Wait a minute, cuz that’s a big change for how I’ve been playing.

In my first scenario, if I take West Russia and I used all of my Russian assets to do it, do I then have to move all of my surviving units from Russia into the newly captures West Russia??

Your confusion may stem from how you are performing movement.

You don;t move those forces into West Russia AFTER you win.

You move them into West Russia before you roll a single die.  Your invading forces share West Russia with the German forces, and you fight it out. 
    If you win, your forces STAY there (you can’t non-combat move land units that were used in combat)
    If you are destroyed, you ahve no forces left… they all dies IN West Russia.
    If you retreat, they pull OUT of West Russia and go BACK to one territory that your units started from.

• @4thmac:

2)  Sea Zone battles.  Let’s say I’m Germany on G1 and I want to destroy the UK transport next to Eastern Canada in SZ1.  Do I have to move the German sub from SZ8 into that zone to attack and then leave the sub in that zone if I win?  Is there anyway to attack SZ1 but not “take” it by destroying the TRN?

If you want drive-by attacks, play Grand Theft auto  :-P

• 2007 AAR League

ncsc-

Thanks for pointing that out.  Conceptually that helps me understand how the game really works.  But it certainly changes how I’ve been playing the game (for the better!).

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Schlag96:

@4thmac:

2)  Sea Zone battles.  Let’s say I’m Germany on G1 and I want to destroy the UK transport next to Eastern Canada in SZ1.  Do I have to move the German sub from SZ8 into that zone to attack and then leave the sub in that zone if I win?  Is there anyway to attack SZ1 but not “take” it by destroying the TRN?

If you want drive-by attacks, play Grand Theft auto  :-P

Actually, if you want drive by, don’t kill all the enemies in that territory.  It’s called “Strafing.”  Great for dwindling German/Russian/Japanese infantry stacks if you can afford it.

• 2007 AAR League

I can never get enough of that picture.

• 2007 AAR League

@4thmac:

I can never get enough of that picture.

What a pervert  :-o

• 2007 AAR League

I need to figure out how to get that pic to show up on my own postings.  That would be sweet.

Pervert?  No.  Red-blooded American Man?  Yes. :evil:

Could always just do a right click save as?

• @Jennifer:

Can I get the Hi-Res version plz?  :evil:

@Schlag96:

@Jennifer:

Used to be one on my website.  Wait til I get my site back up then get one.

• @Jennifer:

@Schlag96:

@Jennifer:

Used to be one on my website.  Wait til I get my site back up then get one.

hubba hubba  :-D

• Off topic folks.

@ncscswitch:

Off topic folks.

Yea, there’s a whole thread about the icon.  Go there.  Switch’ll love, it!  He doesn’t want to see that topic die until it hits 40 pages. :P

(I’d like to see it remain dead though!!!)

• Hey, just because you are using a pic that is allegedly you from more than a decade ago as your icon… :-P

I should fish up a few of the prints there were taken of me in college when I was still “ripped”.  Unfortunately, they are not suitable for a family venue…
    But Stacy did a GREAT job with the camera  :evil:

Now, further posts about Jens pic needs to go to that pre-existing thread.

I doubt there will be replies to my last post, so no need for a new thread for that.

Back on the topic of legal/illegal moves…

You were wrong.

I bet you could edit your ripped pic so it isn’t inappropriate. :)

• Fine, I’ll dig some up over next weekend, scan them, and let folks know where they can see it :-P

I think I even may have 1 that does not require black ovals :-P

@ncscswitch:

Fine, I’ll dig some up over next weekend, scan them, and let folks know where they can see it :-P

I think I even may have 1 that does not require black ovals :-P

Meanwhile, I’llget a ROTC pic of me in USAF uniform and ascot.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m