• @ncscswitch:

Also, that second option above is in direct contradiction to Christian principles.  I leave it to you to figure out why it is not consistent with Christianity…

Oh, I beg to differ. It’s in direct correllation thereof.

The whole point of Christianity, indeed, the whole point of Jesus’s life, was and is to spread God’s message that those who sin in the eyes of God had better repent of their sins and get right with God or they will be punished in the end. Period.

Yes, Jesus spoke much and often about forgiveness. It’s the central theme of His message. There is and will be forgiveness for ALL who seek it, free for the taking……but there will be NO forgiveness without repentance. Without forgiveness, a soul is stained with sin and cannot enter into the presence of God. Therefore, that sin-stained soul has only one other place to go…cast out from God’s presence forever. “Depart from me; I never knew you.” (Matthew 7:23) Jesus came for two reasons: 1) to pay for the sins of the world with His own blood, which is pure. 2) to spread the word of His father God that the Age of Grace (in which we live) is coming to a close and the time in which sinners may still find forgiveness is growing short. The Lord comes right out and tells us that when the limit of sin in this world has been reached (and only He knows when this will be), he will pull the plug on forgiveness and those who could not be bothered to ask for what is freely offered will be SOL. Now you may not like that, and they certainly won’t like it when they’re told to depart forever, but that’s the way it is. God is like a parent, the ultimate parent. Parents set rules for their children to follow, and a good parent enforces those rules. Children may not like the rules (I know I didn’t) but they must obey or be punished. It’s as simple as that. LIke I said, it’s the entire basis for Jesus’s message and the whole point of the New Testament. You say it’s too black and white….That’s right, it is. Would you respect a god who dealt in gray-areas? No, because you’d think he was wishy-washy and you’d also think the interpretation and enforcement of his rules would be unfair and situational. God makes it perfectly clear so that there can be no mistaking what He meant when the end comes. He sent His Son Jesus to be the final arbeiter of right and wrong, black and white, blessed and damned. You are either cleansed of your sins by His freely offered blood, or you are not. That’s Christianity’s theme and it’s principle principle, if you will.

Rob.

• OK Christians, you need to edit some of what you believe and many many many more will become followers and enjoy peace of mind. Here’s an example!

person A- Almost flawless and generates virtually no harm to theirself or others. Never hears of Jesus. Enjoys peace of mind on earth due to almost flawless nature. Not much to repent of. Could possibly be a little more patient to improve.

person B- very flawed person who finds “jesus” and repents of his wrongdoings and finally enjoys peace of mind just like person A.

According to christians, person A is doomed to eternal hell by a god that LOVES them. Person B gets eternal bliss. Person A is doing what god wanted all along & person B has changed his ways.

In my way of thinking, heaven & hell is here on earth!

PS- I appreciate it when you religious people make sense! Because I don’t believe everything that I read or am told. I don’t care what book it comes from. MAKE SENSE!!!

• Maddog actually touched on the error that I was refering to from Jens post.

Does that help any of you Christians out there dig through your Sunday School or Catechism classes to find the error that I was refering to?

It is a core tenent of Christianity that Jen’s statement is in direct violation of.  It should not be that hard to figure out…
    Unless you have been given a less than complete version of Christianity by the people who have editted it for you…

• 2007 AAR League

You guys are probably forgetting that:

you enter into this world in Sin and therefore need to repent, accept Jesus as your savior.
    doesn’t matter how good you are in life, no person is perfect. NOBODY

• @NoMercy:

You guys are probably forgetting that:

you enter into this world in Sin and therefore need to repent, accept Jesus as your savior.
    doesn’t matter how good you are in life, no person is perfect. NOBODY

And I refuse to accept a divinity that is THAT sick and twisted… one that holds the great, great, great, great… (add another several hundred greats) grandchildren responsible for the single “sin” of aquiring knowledge.

That is total BS.

But hey if you believe it then you need to do your best to divest yourself of ALL knowledge (the product of Eve’s sin).  A full labotomy should be a good start…

Close down all those Christian Schools that openly flaunt education.  Close down all the churches that seek to convey knowledge to people regarding good and evil.  And for crying out loud BURN the Bible itself!  It is the biggest collection of knowledge of good and evil out there!  It is the epitomy of Eve’s sin!  We MUST destroy it in order to get back in God’s good graces as simple animals with no knowledge of good and evil!

• 2007 AAR League

if a woman contracts AIDS then later on in life has a baby does she not give the baby AIDS as well?? The baby didn’t ask for the aids but it doesn’t matter cause it will have it.

do you not agree genes are passed on from the parents to the children?

think of “sin” as a gene passed down from generation to generation.

like I said earlier Nobody is perfect, how quick does a thought pass threw your head? pretty quick eh? well if you think a sinful thought…. its a sin also.

Really they should close down all public schools that teach evolution and not God. I think the goverment should create more christian schools.

• The transmisison of AIDS is not automatic.  I think CC can confirm this, but the odds of transmission mother to child are dropping (and never were 100%)

Even if only 1% chance of “sin” being transmitted mother to child, then by now, there should be a LOT of folks walking around without Original Sin.

As for the Government creating religious schools… THAT would indeed be a direct and explicit violation of the First Amendment.

And I pray to EVERY deity that such a downward spiral to Theocracy is NEVER begun in this nation.  You want to know what Governmetn Run Religious Schools create?  Look at Iran, Saudi, etc.  That is what they have there.  Is that waht you envision for us too?  Only using God instead of Allah?

• You Christians have plenty going right, yet continue to cling to BS! No matter how good a person is, he is sentenced to eternal hell for not accepting “Jesus”!! And this by a GOD that loves us tremendously. Have you lost your f*cking mind? And no matter what a scumbag you might be, if you accept Jesus then you have just earned eternal bliss? Are you people nuts???

OK, here’s the deal- Jesus was sent as a messenger to clue us in on what GOD likes. If you are already doing what GOD likes, then you don’t need a messenger. People in Tokyo that are doing what GOD likes are not sentenced to hell just because they have never heard of Jesus.

Do you christian knuckleheads “GET IT”

• I don’t think I can do a better job of expressing my thoughts than Maddog just did.  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

For one thing they have a false religion and false god. (there is only one God and it isn’t Allah)

They think blowing themselves up will put them into Heaven. (which is why terriosm will never be stopped.) Perhaps they can’t hide in the open anymore like afghanistan or Iraq etc… but they’ll always be a problem. The States should be helping there own problems within there own country… help the poor people walking around the streets the hungry etc…

I was only using AIDS as an example (I wasn’t sure what the percentage was, what is CC a bio tech person or sometihng?), Just think of SIN 100% passed down from generation to generation.

I want the Goverment to Create Christian schools NOT RUN THEM. Churches are prviately run with no goverment interference.

If the goverment creates public schools to teach false things
    how come the goverment cannot create schools to teach the things of GOD

Maddogg

People change, yes if you are scumbag and change your ways and accept Jesus you are then a changed person and are “born again” not born again in the flesh for this is just done once but born again in your spiritual life. and if you truly want to change and accept Jesus as your savior then everybody else around you will notice. When I got saved and without telling anybody, All my friends noticed the “change” in my life and commented on it.

MADDOGG you do not get it, if people were “good” on there own there would be no need of Jesus dying on the cross or the bible or anything.
    NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY CAN GET INTO HEAVEN BY THERE OWN GOOD WORKS… GOD has told mankind this threw the Bible in many verses… Maddogg you would be classified as a lost soul.

and Switich to further comment on Cornelius more where you mentioned him earlier… I still don’t understand where he was accepted into heaven for his Honor and crap… the bible does not teach this or says this. He followed the Lord and FEARED him with his whole house. I have read the bible from start to finish and look into the bible every week. if you are going to be using stuff from the bible I will be correcting you.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Again, the only way to God is through his son Jesus of Nazereth.  I don’t care if budda kissed you on the forehead, according to what’s written in the Bible, you cannot get to heaven unless you accept Jesus as lord and savior.

And no, I don’t believe in original sin.  You will sin though.  No one is perfect, all are in sin.  Just disobeying your parents is a sin, and everyone’s done that at one time or another.

• Yea I really hate that.  Criminals that are killing, raping, stealing, etc. think that just cause they accept Jesus right before they die, they can do whatever the hell they want, and thus continue to kill, rape, steal, etc.  Just like Maddogg stated, you can be a good person, a modern day good samaritan if you will, but if you dont accept Jesus, you are going to hell.  It doesnt work that way.  The day you realize you are doing wrong should be the day you start doing what is right and continue that way.

Also for the record, it doesnt matter what religion you are part of.  Sure there are some religions that you may think are silly (I wont name them, but you know which ones already), but if the religion you follow helps you to become a better person in life, then by all means, stick with that religion.

• Then I might also ask which version of the Bible you are using.

I also love the admission that, for you at least, a war in the Middle East is probably a good thing… kill the heretics.  What is this, Crusade #7?  The previous was the Childrens Crusade, I guess this is the American Crusade…

Lastly, let me conclude with this…

BORN RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Done with this discussion.  I am NOT going to get into a pissing contest with someone over Christianity since Christianity is a matter of BLIND FAITH, and thus immune from logic, reason, rational thought, facts, etc.

• @NoMercy:

For one thing they have a false religion and false god. (there is only one God and it isn’t Allah)

They think blowing themselves up will put them into Heaven. (which is why terriosm will never be stopped.) Perhaps they can’t hide in the open anymore like afghanistan or Iraq etc… but they’ll always be a problem. The States should be helping there own problems within there own country… help the poor people walking around the streets the hungry etc…

Terrorism is not a religion, its a tool for the purposes of a nation or an organization.

I had a teacher back in high school that was a muslim, and she said what the terrorist were doing in the name of of the Muslim religion was wrong.  Nothing in the Koran said that they should be killing themselves and others for the religion.  That also goes for people of the Christian world.  Four wars were fought in the name of religion, these wars known as the Crusades.  Does the bible not say “Thou shall not kill”?  Like I said its not the religion, its the person.  If the religion helps you become a good person, then thats good, but dont be be saying that the Muslim religion is a false one just because of some misled people, cause we can say that same exact thing to Christianity and Catholocism.

• 2007 AAR League

King James Version by the way.

Mechanized,

you may hate it but thats the way it is, if they become truly saved later on in there life then they are going to heaven.
    the bible clearly states without an argument you must be saved, and it tells you how to be saved and it also tells you and warns you about trying to get there by your “good works” or “buy your way in idea”

You want logic yet you follow Science which says tihngs like Evolution.

To understand the things of God etc…. please read the bible.

• @NoMercy:

King James Version by the way.

That would be a large part of your problem.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

He’s right though, Switch.  If you truely repent of your sins and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior your name could be Adolf Hitler and still be allowed into heaven.

• @Jennifer:

He’s right though, Switch.  If you truely repent of your sins and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior your name could be Adolf Hitler and still be allowed into heaven.

And if y’all don;t realize just how sick and twisted that is… then I feel truly sorry for you.

• No Mercy- Do you understand that you are a religious fanatic?? You do way more harm than good. You are not enticing anyone to come and experience what GOD can do for them. Instead, you are turning more away. What do you think about that Spanky??

• @Jennifer:

So you are telling me that if Adolf Hitler, after killing 6 million jews, ruining the lives of millions of other people, just repented right before he died, he would be saved?  Do you hear yourself speak?  Thats a retorical question, dont answer it.

If you have read the bible, Jesus once gave a symbolic story (as he did many times), about some workers who had worked in a field.  One of the workers had been there since the early morning.  Another one of the workers had been there since noon and another had been there since the late evening.  When it was time to pay the salaries of the day, the boss had given everyone the same pay.  The workers that had been there for a long time complained, but the boss explained saying that the person who worked from the evening had worked just as hard as the worker that started from the morning.  I dont know if I told the story accurately, but its along those lines, and perhaps this is why you guys think that repenting early on in your life or later in your life, will still garner you a way into heaven.

But theres is a BIG difference between repenting late in your life, and repenting right before you die (which is what most criminals do right before they get executed for their crimes.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m