• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Axis & Allies Strategy is the single most important component in the Axis & Allies Context.

Especially concerning the Axis & Allies Global 1940 game.

Multiple strategies have been presented, play tested and discussed.

This is the case whether the game is played in its original OOB form - or played in combination with Expansions and House Rules.

Whether you are an Axis & Allies Veteran - or you are new to the game, you would need to plan your strategy carefully in order to achieve succes - and have fun as well - with your Axis & Allies game.

Planning your strategy can be just as fun and challenging as playing the game.

There is no final result to a bulletproof strategy. Even the best and most carefully planned strategy will only work until you face your opponent.

And this is when the ultimate fun & challenge really begins.

Here are some guidelines that should be observed before you present your strategy and discuss it with other Axis & Allies players:

• When you have set up your Axis & Allies Global 1940 game, decide each Nations Overall Strategy - and write it down.
    • You should begin with your favorite side or Nation, since this is the easiest way to get started.
    • Whether you plan for the Allies or the Axis, your strategic plans must incluce a Combined Strategy for each side.
    • Plan each Nation at a time for the first 3-4 rounds of play, by following all action sequences for that Nation (Purchase & Repair, Combat Movement, Combat etc.).
    • Move the playing pieces on the game board as you go, to give you a picture of how the situation evolves.
      When you resolve combat situations, use the mathematically calculated result from the dice (Low Luck) - this will give you the most realistic combat results.
    • Once you have planned your strategy for one Nation, move on to the next Nation on the same side (Axis or Allies) - and follow the same steps.
    • Remember that the Strategic Plan for each Nation must be planned in coordination with the Strategic Plans for all other Nations on that side, to achieve overall maximum effect.

To be able to master the complexity of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 game, you must be able to play both the Axis and the Allies.
    Even though you have your favorite side or Nation.

The final step in your Strategic Planning is Play Testing. You should play test your strategies multiple times with other Axis & Allies players.

After the Play Test Results, adjust your strategy if it doesn’t work satisfactorily.

And then play test your revised strategy until you can come up with a strategy that is satisfactory.

Her is an example of some German Strategies, that follow these advices:

1. Strategy Guide Germany.pdf

• @the-captain

Good advice.

• @the-captain nicely presented. Couldn’t agree more with

The final step in your Strategic Planning is Play Testing. You should play test your strategies multiple times with other Axis & Allies players. text

I’ve seen lots of ideas over the years but playtesting is generally lacking. Granted not all have a group to playtest with, although online groups make it easier, and not all ideas have to be crunched out for discussion purposes, but … yea playtesting good :)

• @barnee

Concerning Play Testing a Strategy:

Since the Axis & Allies Global 1940 game is available at TripleA, even players outside a Play Group are able to play test their strategies simply by playing online against other players.

Play Testing also includes playing “against” your self as one of the first steps towards the Strategy Developement.

Naturally, the final result during the Strategy Developement depends on the results achieved when you play against other players - who most likely have their own Strategy Developement going on.

Since the Strategic Level focuses on long term planning on a large scale, the Tactical Level solely depends on your opponents move and the situation that evolves during the game.

• @the-captain exactly. It’s good to have your goals ( strategic ) and then be opportunistic ( tactical ) in trying to achieve them. Unfortunately, for me anyway :) , I can get side tracked sometimes with the opportunistic part lol.

I have to remind myself of my goals. Usually during Purchase is a good time for that lol

Yea, triplea is an excellent tool. Playing FtF is best, but those that don’t have a group or the time/space and even if they do, it’s nice to have. Probably has promoted the game more than “almost” anything else :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m