L23 Harry X - Gamerman L+18 BM Playoff

• The results from my bc I think are right. I proof it on paper and its right.

• I tried the move with italian tank and most times with bomber or fig the last 5-6 games and never works. A very good player explains me thats more important to take France with all units and its better to play non-Vichy game. After you tell me that, I try this italian move. If I look on the map now I like what I see with the french :blush:
    Did you scramble sz109 ?
    cob-ger2- (3).tsvg

• @elche said in L23 Harry X - Gamerman L+18 BM Playoff:

Hi Gamerman,

sorry for delay. A lot of work last days.
    I tried out bc with your excamples.

No problem, I was just wondering if I buried my own file and you didn’t know it was your turn. All good.

First fight.
    For example, you have
    3 INF, 1 ARM, 9 FTR vs
    2 INF, 9 FTR

Triple A says 47/50

Exhange the 2 infantry for 2 AA
    Triple A says 56/41

I agree first round 47/50 but after I change 2 inf into 2 AA my highest result for attacker was 42/58 and average after 30 times is under 40760.

Thank you! So I’m not the only one with a Triple A Calc that sometimes doesn’t even count the AA shots at all. That’s something we need to be careful with in the future.

• @elche said in L23 Harry X - Gamerman L+18 BM Playoff:

I tried the move with italian tank and most times with bomber or fig the last 5-6 games and never works. A very good player explains me thats more important to take France with all units and its better to play non-Vichy game.

I agree totally with that. Or are you referring to me? :face_with_cowboy_hat:

After you tell me that, I try this italian move. If I look on the map now I like what I see with the french :blush:

No doubt. What I’m asking is if you knew how big that fight was, and if so, why didn’t you support it with air? Because it was only 14% with a lone tank. Very lucky, friend. Hard for me to take :face_with_head_bandage:

Did you scramble sz109 ?
    cob-ger2- (3).tsvg

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

That’s not exactly what I thought you’d take to 109, but I’m not saying your move is bad, at all.

Yes, scramble 3 fighters

Man is it going to be hard to recover from that Vichy. I’m lucky about 97, or it would be even worse, obviously.
    Don’t let up at all, you know I will be playing hard as always! :grimacing: I hope the dice aren’t too extreme either way in 109 - has the potential to tip the game one way or the other again!

• The attack to N/B only with tank because I needed all planes for sz97, what was a desaster and last games it never works and I loose fig or bomber. Depends on a attack to sz97 or not.
    But sz109 is now a better move :blush: I hoped for 2 hits and I got 2 hits. At least 1 round without RAF in Europe.
    But I did not expect you will scramble.
    But you save your transport in sz110.
    Game History

Round: 2

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour, 2 artilleries, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 6 mech_infantrys and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Germans
            Trigger Vichy France Has Occurred: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_French_Territory_May_Turn_Vichy_Switch attached to French

Combat Move - Germans
            1 unit repaired.
            2 bombers, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Western Germany to 109 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 112 Sea Zone to 109 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Western Germany to Holland Belgium
            1 artillery moved from France to Holland Belgium
            1 armour and 4 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Greece
            1 armour moved from Yugoslavia to Greece
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from France to Holland Belgium

Combat - Germans
            British scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 109 Sea Zone
            Battle in Greece
                Germans attack with 2 armour and 4 infantry
                Neutral_Allies defend with 4 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 armour and 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Greece
                    Germans roll dice for 2 armour and 2 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 2/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 1 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                Germans win, taking Greece from Neutral_Allies with 2 armour and 2 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 4 infantry
            Battle in Holland Belgium
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 3 artilleries, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Holland Belgium, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Holland Belgium
                Germans win, taking Holland Belgium from British with 1 armour, 3 artilleries and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry
            Battle in 109 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 2 bombers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 battleship, 3 fighters and 1 submarine
                    Germans roll dice for 2 bombers, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/7 hits, 4,00 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 submarine in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,17 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 battleship and 3 fighters in 109 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 2,67 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Germans, 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans, 1 submarine owned by the British, 1 battleship owned by the British and 3 fighters owned by the British lost in 109 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 2 bombers, 2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 37
                Casualties for Germans: 1 destroyer and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for British: 1 battleship, 3 fighters and 1 submarine

Non Combat Move - Germans
            Trigger Germans Occupies Southern France Fleet Scuddle: has removed 1 cruiser and 1 destroyer owned by Neutral_Axis in 93 Sea Zone
            Trigger Germany Occupies Algeria Army Disband: has removed 1 infantry owned by Neutral_Axis in Algeria
            Trigger Germany Syria France Army Disband: has removed 1 infantry owned by Neutral_Axis in Syria
            Trigger Germany Occupies French West Africa Army Disband: has removed 1 infantry owned by Neutral_Axis in French West Africa
            Trigger Germans Occupies Southern France Army Disband: has removed 1 artillery and 1 infantry owned by Neutral_Axis in Southern France
            Trigger Germany Occupies Morocco Army Disband: has removed 1 infantry owned by Neutral_Axis in Morocco
            2 bombers moved from 109 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 109 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            2 fighters moved from 109 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Southern Italy to Gibraltar
            1 mech_infantry moved from France to Southern France
                  Germans take Southern France from Neutral_Axis
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            2 aaGuns moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            2 artilleries moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            8 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Romania
            1 artillery moved from Germany to Poland
            1 infantry moved from Germany to Poland
            3 artilleries and 1 infantry moved from Germany to Slovakia Hungary
            5 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from France to Germany
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Norway to Finland
            1 aaGun moved from Western Germany to France

Place Units - Germans
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine placed in 112 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Western Germany
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Western Germany
            Germans undo move 3.
            1 infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 infantry placed in Western Germany
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 6 mech_infantrys placed in Germany
            Trigger Germans Occupies Southern France Army Disband Facilities: has removed 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour owned by Neutral_Axis in Southern France
            Trigger Germany Occupies Southern France Facilities: Germans has 1 factory_minor and 1 harbour placed in Southern France

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,5,6,4
            Germans collect 44 PUs; end with 44 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 49 PUs
            Objective Germans 1 Trade with Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 54 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Neutral_Allies regular : 0,33
    Germans regular : 3,83
    British regular : -0,17

ger2- (3).tsvg

• 109 is a big disappointment given your 5 hits in the first round.
    Greece helps take the sting out a little bit! Just a little!

Need to keep clawing up the cliff. 6 UK aircraft lost on I1 and G2 - very bad

• Yes sz109 was bad for you but sz97 good for you.
    I have your present. Please give me your postal adress.
    Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 carrier, 1 factory_minor and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Suiyuyan
                  Japanese take Suiyuyan from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Hopei
                  Japanese take Hopei from Chinese
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
                  Japanese take Kweichow from Chinese
            1 artillery moved from Hunan to Kweichow
            2 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            3 fighters moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            3 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers in Yunnan, round 2 : 3/8 hits, 3,83 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 3 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Siam
            2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            2 carriers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 17 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Iwo Jima to 17 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 17 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from 33 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            2 bombers moved from Kwangsi to Siam
            1 mech_infantry moved from Chahar to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            1 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
            1 marine moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Kwangsi to Kweichow
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Kwangsi
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to Kiangsi
            1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 6 Sea Zone to Korea
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
            1 battleship moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 20 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 20 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Japan to Caroline Islands
            1 fighter moved from Japan to Caroline Islands

Place Units - Japanese
            1 factory_minor placed in Shantung
            1 carrier and 2 submarines placed in 6 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 33 PUs; end with 33 PUs
            Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 43 PUs

Chinese regular : -0,33
    Japanese regular : -0,83

jap2 (4).tsvg

• Hey elche,
    You can’t blitz FIC because it’s a pro-Axis neutral (you took it back, so just for your future information). But if you want to claim it with a ground unit, go ahead and do that - it shouldn’t disrupt your NO. If you don’t say anything, I’ll proceed when ready

• Never mind, I found in the notes that taking FIC does stop the +10 NO. Lucky for me.

• China done, UK when I have time again

China2.tsvg

• UK2.tsvg

Not an easy one. Done!

• Thanks for info. I wanted to try out the bonus, You are right. I try to blitz because no unit in FIC but bonus is gone. But I didnt know isnt allowed to blitz :anguished:

• But I dont do.

• Game History

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 destroyer; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Italians and Russians from Neutrality to War
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and British from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and UK_Pacific from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and ANZAC from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and French from Neutrality to Allied
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Allies from Neutrality to Friendly_Neutral
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Russians and Neutral_Axis from Neutrality to Unfriendly_Neutral

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
                  Italians take Eastern Poland from Russians
            1 armour moved from Eastern Poland to Bessarabia
                  Italians take Bessarabia from Russians
            1 bomber and 2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to 98 Sea Zone

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 98 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber and 2 fighters
                British defend with 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber and 2 fighters in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer in 98 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the British, 1 cruiser owned by the British and 2 fighters owned by the Italians lost in 98 Sea Zone
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber in 98 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/1 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 cruiser in 98 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the British lost in 98 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for Italians: 2 fighters
                Casualties for British: 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to Southern Italy
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            1 aaGun moved from Yugoslavia to Bulgaria
            2 infantry moved from Albania to Bulgaria
            1 armour moved from Tunisia to Morocco
                  Italians take Algeria from Neutral_Axis
                  Italians take Morocco from Neutral_Axis
            1 transport moved from 92 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Northern Italy
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern France
            1 artillery moved from Tunisia to Algeria
            1 mech_infantry moved from Tunisia to Morocco

Place Units - Italians
            1 destroyer placed in 97 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 15 PUs; end with 16 PUs
            Objective Italians 3 North Africa Control: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 21 PUs
            Objective Italians 2 Roman Empire: Italians met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 26 PUs

Italians regular : 0,67
    British regular : 0,17

ita2 (5).tsvg

• For the same reason, you can’t blitz Algeria because it’s a pro-Axis neutral, so you’ll have to correct that.

I’ll go ahead and play Australia and France because your correction won’t have any bearing on my move except for the 2 infantry in Egypt. Depending on your edit, I may move them differently.

• No, after studying it I see I need to wait for your correction. Thanks, and then I can play ANZAC :+1:

• Sorry for my really bad knowledge of the rules. I have correct it and Italy has only 20 ipcs.
    ita2edit-5.tsvg

• Hey it’s no problem since you don’t argue about it and you even correct it yourself!

Will finish these turns now then, thanks a lot

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m