L23 Harry X - Gamerman L+18 BM Playoff

• Illinois hwy 74.jpg

• Illinois farms.jpg

• River in Illinois.jpg

• My Russia turn is done, see below.

I finally have some pictures for you. We drove to Indiana and back for my nephew’s graduation. 4 of my 9 siblings were there. We had a wonderful time.

The first picture I posted is Interstate Highway 74 in Illinois. We live in Iowa, but this site is about 1 hour away.
    We were lazy and my wife took the pictures from the passenger side of the car, which is the right side in USA.
    The second is to show the flat, vast farmlands of Illinois, which are typical of the “breadbasket of America”. They have huge grain bins and elevators in central Illinois but we didn’t get any pictures of them. She was sleeping. My understanding is that these lands feed many other countries. Since WWII ended and America quickly developed highly efficient farming equipment, these lands “fed the world”, or much of it, anyway. It was some 30 years later that Brazil cleared rainforests and grew, especially, soybeans.
    The last picture is just driving a bridge over a river in Illinois. Might have been Peoria, I’m not sure now. Maybe these pictures are boring and are not exotic compared to Europe and her farmlands and landscape, but I hope you enjoy.

• The speed limit on hwy 74, like many in the midwest, is 70 mph. So most drivers travel at 75 mph.
    So that is 112 kph to 120 kph

• Hello Gamerman,

Congratulations to your victory.
    Again a very very good game from you. Altough I was lucky in the beginning are your Allies unstopable. And Germanys campaign aginst Russia was without power because I lost it in The Atlantic. A long game is good for the Allies if Germany is so weak like my Germany.
    I am looking forward for next game against you.
    At the momemt I have a lot of work and play very slow but I think I have more time in August to start if good for you. I need some games BM, OOB and PtV for the ranking.
    Good Luck in your next Playoff game and altough good luck for Me 1945, I think he will need it.
    Please send me the link to follow your playoff game.
    Best regards from Harry

• Game History

Round: 14

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 carrier, 2 destroyers and 8 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 unit repaired.
            1 marine moved from Celebes to 44 Sea Zone
            1 marine and 1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 marine moved from 41 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to Sumatra
            2 fighters moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from French Indo China to Shan State
                  Japanese take Shan State from UK_Pacific
            1 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
                  Japanese take Buryatia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
                  Japanese take Kweichow from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 31 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 31 Sea Zone to Wake Island

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Wake Island
            Battle in 41 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, 1 submarine, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport
                British defend with 1 transport; Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 3/6 hits, 3,50 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer and 1 transport in 41 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    1 transport owned by the British and 1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 41 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Wake Island from Americans, taking 41 Sea Zone from Americans with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, 1 submarine, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is 15
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer
                Casualties for British: 1 transport
            Battle in Sumatra
                Japanese attack with 2 fighters, 1 marine and 2 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 fighters, 1 marine and 2 tactical_bombers in Sumatra, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2,67 expected hits
                    UK_Pacific roll dice for 1 infantry in Sumatra, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Sumatra
                Japanese win, taking Sumatra from UK_Pacific with 2 fighters, 1 marine and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            5 carriers, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            2 tactical_bombers moved from Sumatra to 41 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to Midway
            1 destroyer moved from 6 Sea Zone to 25 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 35 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to Caroline Islands
            1 fighter moved from Philippines to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from French Indo China to 6 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 mech_infantry moved from Jehol to Manchuria
            1 mech_infantry moved from Shantung to Manchuria
            1 artillery moved from Shantung to Jehol
            1 artillery moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 infantry moved from Shantung to Anhwe
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            3 fighters moved from Java to French Indo China

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier and 2 destroyers placed in 6 Sea Zone
            3 infantry placed in French Indo China
            2 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            Japanese undo move 3.
            2 infantry placed in Shantung
            1 infantry placed in Japan
            2 infantry placed in Kiangsu

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Japanese 5 Pacific Airfields: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : 0,67
    Japanese regular : -0,50
    UK_Pacific regular : -0,33

jap-14.tsvg

• E elche referenced this topic on

• Thank you!
    Did you like any of the pics below?

This game was very enjoyable for me and I definitely look forward to playing a 4th with you, maybe in August like you said.

We both put a lot of thought and time into this game, and you played air-tight, that is, without blunder.

I hope the game against Me1945 is not blown up by dice in the first round, thank you. It is a highly anticipated game because we have not faced off in years. I have a lot of respect for his experience and skills.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m