• I was wondering how many of you read his books and which ones you like the most.

I have read:

The Shining
    The Dead zone
    The stand
    (name escapes me, the one with the car that is alive and kills people)
    Tried reading the gunslinger but it was largely crap

Out of the 4 I liked “the stand” the most.  Any suggestions on a good book of his to pick up?

• Christine is the one you were trying to think of.

The Stand is by far my favorite King, but he is well down my list of authors overall.

• I liked him better as Richard Bachman.

I’ve read:
    The Stand (pretty cool, IMO)
    Bachman books (The Long Walk, Running Man, and two others - maybe the Dead Zone? and one about a school shooting)
    I’ve read others I can’t think of now but wasn’t too impressed.
    I’ve got the Green Mile, which I’ve never read, and one of the Dark Tower books.

• 2007 AAR League

maximum overdrive, from trucks, great yet terrible  :lol:

• @balungaloaf:

maximum overdrive, from trucks, great yet terrible  :lol:

Hell yea!!  Emilio Estevez!!  lol

• I’ve read every major book release he’s ever had……and I think that The Stand is the best he’s ever written. I liked the Regulators and it’s companion (whose name escapes me at the moment), and they were both pretty good, as were Bag of Bones and Needful Things, but The Stand is his best, IMHO.

Rob.

• What about “It”?  The pictures he painted in your mind of the evil clown and the hideous “spider monster” were second only to the depth of the characters, as they slowly remembered their battle as children against this same evil.

Sure, it requires a willing suspension of disbelief, but it’s a great story, if you don’t nitpick the plausability.

I agree that overall “The Stand” is his best work.  I got the unabridged version a few years after I read it the first time, and it’s well worth a second read.  It really fleshes out the characters in the extra two hundred or so pages originally omitted.

• I enjoy his column in Entertainment Weekly. It is usually a lot of fun.

• I’ve Read

Monkey Shines- a collection of short stories. The Mist is my favorite.
    TommyKnockers
    4 pass midnight
    Salem’s Lot

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m