Axis and Allies 1939 and 1940 Global

• Has anyone combined some of the two rules to modify the 1940 global game, like using the 12 sided dice to roll for France and Holland territories?
    Also the submarine rule for wolfpacks?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Hi @copt2 What 1939 are you referring to ?

• @barnee

1939 Global Historical Boardgaming, I like some of the rules, thinking about merging them with 1940 Axis and Allies global 1940. I am looking for House rules to simplify and speed the game up.

• @copt2 If I had to guess, any additional rules imported from 1939 would probably do the opposite of simplify & accelerate the game…

• Hi Barnee and Hengst

Thank you for your input.

I have played both games, the 1940 global and the HBG 1939. I enjoy global games; I like to see the whole picture. I agree the 1939 is much more complex; however, some the rules are very interesting.
    When the French and Dutch capitols fall, the fate of the territories and units of those countries are rolled for. Free units from those countries can retreat to an allied country. I think this rule could be modified to work in the 1940 Global Game.

Another thing is the Far East Command, two economies for the United Kingdom seem difficult to manage.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@copt2 I’m not real familiar with the HBG games. They look way cool but I’ve never really found the time to explore them much.

Sadly, I can only play digitally, so triplea. A lot of House Rules have been added to the “Global 40 House Rules” mod in triplea.

One of them is the “Vichy Rule” which is a combination of Vichy rules.
    Oops just noticed i never did add this yet. it’s in “Oztea’s 1939”

Anyway here it is:

Vichy Option Adds Vichy rules.
    They are as follows:
    If Germany conquers France on turn 2 and only turn 2, it will activate the “Vichy Option”. After their Non Combat Move, each French territory will be rolled for to determine if they become Vichy controlled or not. A roll of 1,2 or 3 and the territory turns Vichy. A 4,5 or 6 and it remains Free French. The only exception is “Southern France” which automatically turns Vichy.

Southern France will also have 2 Vichy Infantry placed there. All Vichy territories and units are represented by the “Neutral Axis”. They behave the same as Non-Vichy Pro-Axis Neutrals.

If any Allied units are present in a territory that becomes Vichy, on their turn they have the option to stay and fight or leave, if possible. The only exception are air units, which are destroyed.

At the beginning of France’s 2nd turn, each French Naval Unit will be rolled for to determine if they become Vichy. A roll of 1,2 or 3 and the Unit is immediately ordered to the Vichy Harbor in Sea Zone 93. A 4,5 or 6 and it remains Free French.

Vichy ordered ships must take the most direct route possible to Sea Zone 93. They may not attack (Player Enforced) but can defend normally. Once a Vichy ordered ship arrives in 93 Sea Zone, it will “turn” Vichy at the end of the turn. Vichy Ships are controlled by the “True Neutrals”. You will need to declare war against them in order to attack Vichy Ships. They may not move and defend only.

If a ship hasn’t arrived in 93 Sea Zone by the end of French turn 3, it will not automatically turn “Vichy” if it enters 93 Sea Zone on the following turns. You may either use “Edit” or decide that the Captain has disregarded his orders and has stayed Free French.

If Southern France is taken over by any Axis player, then all Vichy territories immediately revert to Free French. This includes any Vichy Units that are present.

Vichy Naval Units are rolled for to determine their fate. On a roll of 1,2,3 or 4, the Fleet is scuttled and removed from play. On a roll of 5 or 6, another roll is taken. On a roll of 1,2 or 3, the Fleet reverts to Free French. On a roll of 4,5, or 6, it turns into the Axis player.

If Southern France is controlled by an Allied player (excluding Russia) a roll of 1 thru 5 will scuttle the Fleet. A roll of 6 and the Fleet will revert to Free French. Vichy land territories are unaffected.

If Southern France is taken control of by the Free French, the Fleet and all Vichy territories immediately revert to Free French. If France is liberated, all Vichy territories and units revert to Free French.

Anyway, there are a lot of House Rules that have been added that have been discussed by people here. If you want to elaborate on what yo want to add, I can see if triplea can do it.

If you play strictly Face to face, then i would add the ideas you like and test them out. Let us know how it goes :)

Here’s a list of the House Rules which are mostly discussed here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/26089/g40-redesign-currently-taking-suggestions?page=1

Global_40_House_Rules.notes.doc

Hmm … can’t seem to upload the Rules without the code bleeding through. I’ll see if I can change the format for easier reading.

Edit
    Also, here are the Captain and Company’s House Rules. You may find some you like there as well. They have a large group ( dozens of players ) in Europe that plays frequently, so quite popular. They spent 25 years in the making. Very well thought out.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/36945/axis-allies-global-1940-house-rules-expansion

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m