2 mech_infantrys moved from Northern Italy to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Normandy Bordeaux

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Bryansk
                Italians attack with 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys in Bryansk, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Bryansk, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Bryansk
                Italians win, taking Bryansk from Russians with 1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Normandy Bordeaux
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 4 infantry; Americans defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 3/7 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 5 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    3 infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Normandy Bordeaux, round 3 : 1/6 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 mech_infantrys in Normandy Bordeaux, round 4 : 2/5 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Normandy Bordeaux, round 4 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Americans and 1 infantry owned by the British lost in Normandy Bordeaux
                Italians win, taking Normandy Bordeaux from Americans with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 13
                Casualties for Italians: 2 infantry
                Casualties for British: 4 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            1 bomber moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern Italy
            2 fighters moved from Normandy Bordeaux to Southern Italy
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Western Germany
            2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy
            1 aaGun, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Romania
            2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Greater Southern Germany
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to France

Place Units - Italians
            1 infantry placed in Southern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 2
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,2
            Italians collect 11 PUs (2 lost to blockades); end with 13 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Americans regular : -1.67
    Italians regular : -0.33
    Russians regular : -0.33

• 2023 '22

@farmboy Fr13.tsvg

Game History

Round: 13

Purchase Units - ANZAC
                ANZAC buy 1 artillery and 1 cruiser; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Place Units - ANZAC
                1 cruiser placed in 54 Sea Zone
                1 artillery placed in Queensland

Turn Complete - ANZAC
                ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 13 PUs
                Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

• @farmboy Ger13.tsvg I’m doing a bit of a sneaky move here. I can attack your transports in 91 with 4 air (+ the bomber) because they can hypothetically land on 2 carriers if I was also able clear your fleet in 110. So I’m attacking your fleet with a sub. I will of course lose and so my carriers will not be able to move and the 4 air I send will all, if htey survive, crash into the sea. But the move is allowed because its possible they could land on the carrier.

It is not outside the realm of possibility that I could lose this attack (in which case I’m going to be in trouble), but the odds are probably in the 99.9% range.

I know you are newer to league play so if this is something completely new to you I can reconsider and we can treat this as a warning for the future.

• 2023 '22

@farmboy himm, good to know. I am kinda surprise you can do it (I meant the game allows you to do it). When I was planning, I thought only bomber as a threat. But if it is possible to do it, you should do it. Not knowing or missing it should not be an excuse for me.
    Overall, I am not a good shape anyway. I think I can surrender at this point. Do you see any possibility for me to win?

• @mozkaynak You’ve put up a really tough fight, but I think I’m finally in a position where I feel I should be able to win. And wiping out those transports would probably cement it since it would give me a fair bit of freedom to focus on Moscow for a couple of turns. I don’t think it is unreasonable to surrender now (at least after the attack in 91 and assuming I win it) But it would be pretty reasonable to want to see the game play out another turn or two as well. So up to you.

• I just rolled 91 and won. If you want to continue, I will finish out the turn.

I meant to add though I agree its a bit strange that the game allows it. Probably there should be a rule that sets an order of combat so I have to win 110 before I can fight in 91 but it is currently allowed.

• @farmboy G14.tsvg

Just finished and posted the turn so we had a save of it If you decide to continue, I might make some slight adjustments to the ncms and placement before the soviets go.

Game History

Round: 14

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 4 fighters, 8 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            2 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            1 armour moved from Volgograd to Kazakhstan
                  Germans take Kazakhstan from Russians
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Volgograd to Samara
            1 fighter moved from Norway to Archangel
            1 fighter moved from Norway to Archangel
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Samara
            1 bomber moved from Novgorod to Tambov
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Rostov to Tambov
            1 armour moved from Kazakhstan to Caucasus
            1 mech_infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            1 artillery moved from Rostov to Caucasus
            1 fighter and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 112 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            1 bomber and 1 fighter moved from Western Germany to 91 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 112 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Americans scrambles 3 units out of United Kingdom to defend against the attack in 110 Sea Zone
            Battle in 91 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 2 cruisers and 10 transports
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 91 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 2 cruisers and 10 transports in 91 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the Americans lost in 91 Sea Zone
                    Germans roll dice for 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in 91 Sea Zone, round 3 : 1/5 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 cruiser and 10 transports in 91 Sea Zone, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    1 cruiser owned by the Americans lost in 91 Sea Zone
                    10 transports owned by the Americans lost in 91 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 94
                Casualties for Americans: 2 cruisers and 10 transports
            Battle in 110 Sea Zone
                Germans attack with 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, 3 fighters and 4 transports; Americans defend with 1 battleship, 4 carriers, 2 cruisers, 4 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 1 transport
                    Germans roll dice for 1 submarine in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Americans roll dice for 2 battleships, 4 carriers, 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 7 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 5 transports in 110 Sea Zone, round 2 : 12/20 hits, 10.50 expected hits
                    1 submarine owned by the Germans lost in 110 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 2 battleships, 4 carriers, 3 cruisers, 2 destroyers, 7 fighters, 2 tactical_bombers and 5 transports remaining. Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Germans: 1 submarine
            Battle in Tambov
                Germans attack with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Tambov, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry in Tambov, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Tambov, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Tambov
                Germans win, taking Tambov from Russians with 1 artillery, 1 bomber and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Archangel
                Germans attack with 2 fighters and 2 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Archangel, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Archangel, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Archangel
                Germans win, taking Archangel from Russians with 2 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Samara
                Germans attack with 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Germans roll dice for 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber in Samara, round 2 : 3/4 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Samara, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Samara
                Germans win, taking Samara from Russians with 1 fighter, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
            Battle in Caucasus
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 artillery and 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery and 1 mech_infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Caucasus, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in Caucasus
                Germans win, taking Caucasus from Russians with 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is -1
                Casualties for Germans: 1 artillery
            Moving scrambled unit from 110 Sea Zone back to originating territory: United Kingdom
            Moving scrambled unit from 110 Sea Zone back to originating territory: United Kingdom

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers could not land in 91 Sea Zone and were removed
            1 bomber moved from Tambov to Bryansk
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Samara to Bryansk
            2 fighters moved from Archangel to Bryansk
            4 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Novgorod to Bryansk
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
            3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            14 armour and 12 mech_infantrys moved from Volgograd to Bryansk
            1 aaGun, 5 armour, 9 artilleries and 10 mech_infantrys moved from Rostov to Bryansk
            1 bomber moved from 91 Sea Zone to Normandy Bordeaux
            3 infantry moved from Southern France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 112 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Norway
            1 transport moved from 112 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Germany to 113 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 113 Sea Zone to Norway
            1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 3 submarines moved from 112 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 infantry moved from Germany to Western Germany
            1 mech_infantry moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            2 infantry moved from Western Germany to France

Place Units - Germans
            3 fighters placed in Western Germany
            1 fighter placed in 113 Sea Zone
            2 mech_infantrys placed in Western Germany
            3 infantry placed in Volgograd
            3 infantry placed in Ukraine
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Novgorod

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,5
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,6
            Germans collect 60 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 60 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 65 PUs
            Objective Germans 3 Control Caucasus: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 70 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 80 PUs

Americans regular : 0.00
    Russians regular : 0.33
    Germans regular : -3.00

• 2023 '22

@farmboy Congratulations on your win! Thank you very much for teaching me a lot in one game. We should play again starting sometime soon.

What do you think my main strategy mistakes here? I am aware that I should have used my pacific fleet more actively. They just sit there whole time. I should also have used my Russian units in Amur more actively.
    Let me know if you have any comments for me to improve my play.

• M mozkaynak referenced this topic on

• @mozkaynak Thanks for the game!

You did a good job keeping the pressure on the axis to keep Moscow and Calcutta in play until the late game and had me quite worried for much of the game.

My main suggestions are for the Pacific. You are absolutely right that the Pacific fleet should have been more active. The standoff between Java and Queensland benefited me. Instead of staying there, it would have been good to go to Caroline Islands. From there you can still reach some of the money islands, threaten Japan and Korea (among other places), while still able to protect Australia. I also can’t then leave the fleet at Java and would likely have to bring it up to the Philippines or FIC and and so the route to the money islands opens up. I also can’t build more fleet at Japan because it would be in range of your fleet. And if I build more navy at factories on the continent, I then can’t use those factories to build more land units to deal with India and China. And in BM there are also more bonuses for the US that you can more easily obtain from Caroline Islands and there is the Iwo Jima/Okinawa bonus for Japan that you can more easily deny. Marianas is also a good spot to take. It is part of a US bonus, but in addition, all the air in a fleet stationed there can attack Japan directly and with a naval base you can also reach the money islands.

I would have also made more use of anzac to land on whatever islands (especially those with an economic value) you can reach, even if it is at a tuv loss. If I have to take an island back, I have to commit a transport which you can destroy, and so I have to build another and that means I’m building either one less naval unit or two fewer land units. So ANZAC may lose but India, China, and/or US are relatively stronger. In general I try to trade ANZAC units against Japanese ones and conserve US units.

I also would have built different naval units. You need a few destroyers to hunt subs and to serve as blockers but after about 5 or so I would focus on subs and carriers with air. Subs are the most cost effective and the carrier fighter combo is great because the air is both powerful at sea and on land. And while I would buy marines for my existing battleships and cruisers, I wouldn’t buy additional battleships and cruisers either to support the fleet or as troop carriers. They are not as effective at sea as the other units you can buy for their value and they are also too valuable too sacrifice. Transports are usually going to be a better way to carry troops. They are cheap and expendable and also in the pacific they are not in danger from the kamikaze rules.

In Europe, I was able to prevent you from holding Normandy. Your continued efforts to land units forced me to keep focused on the Western front and prevented me from getting enough units to take Moscow. But eventually, I was going to manage that unless you were able to make a landing stick. And if you can’t get Normandy or Norway earlier I would try in the Mediterranean. So I would have gone for Greece earlier and also try to take it with the US (as they can more easily afford to put a factory there). Greece is also a great spot to hold because air from there can reach anywhere in Europe and land in Moscow to help defend it.

The other option here if you weren’t able to get Greece with the US (and if I saw you going for it I would have tried to prevent it) is declare war on the neutrals and grab Spain.

But regardless, that was a very good game and I’ll certainly be up for another one down the road. At the moment, I’ve really overcommitted myself both here and in life so it won’t be just yet.

• 2023 '22

@farmboy Thanks! These are great advices.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m