• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The OOB Global 1940 map is initially used as the base map for the developement of the Axis & Allies Global 1964 edition.

The Fatherland - a fictionary novel by Harris (Robert Harris) - forms the basis for the Axis & Allies Global 1964 rulebook & set up.

Black Elk on this forum is working on an interesting new Global 1940 map - this map is changeable - and might be formed for use with Axis & Allies Global 1964.

Parts of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion is also included to some degree.

The overall situation is, that Germany (partly) won the War and a Cold War now exists between Germany and the United States.

Feel free to comment and suggest upon map, setup & rules.

Note:
    Since Axis & Allies Global 1964 is based on The Fatherland, this must be taken into account, concerning USA & Allied Nations, German territories of influence, Neutrals, Allied Friendly Neutrals, German Friendly Neutrals etc.

• @the-captain

Very cool! Hope you give us a detailed telling of what happened before. Does Japan survive? Can’t wait!

• PantherP Panther moved this topic from House Rules on

• @the-captain

Read the summary of the book. Does it take place after the story? Can’t see Germany winning with rebellions going on and having to fight both the Soviet Union and the US. And Japan’s dead. Maybe China will help out?

• @the-captain
    As I’ve started discussing elsewhere in the “Other Axis & Allies Variants” subforum, it might be worth considering whether or not this scenario warrants being a Global game, or if it could just use the Europe map instead.

Looking forward to seeing what comes of this. Cheers!

• @the-janus

Germany is the only Axis Superpower. Japan is defeated in 1945 and Italy has surrended and changed side in 1943.

So, when you look at the starting set up, the only frontline that is active is in the area east of the Urals.

The fighting on the Eastern Front in the Urals is more or less a Guerilla Warfare between German forces and US supported Russian Partisans.

In order to expand its sphere of control, Germany would have to capture all of Russia - and take the War further East deep into Asia - and maybe even the Pacific.

So, we’ve discussed the game mechanisms as well as the map - and to make the game similar to Global 1940 & Global 1943 - and units & map accessible to players - the Global 1940 Map was chosen.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

@the-captain Oh damn! I never read the book, but I did see the HBO flick with Rutgar Hauer in the mid 90s hehe. It had a good set up in the intro, playing the film reels, but with an alternative narration. Failed D-Day as the premise right? And then everything going to hell after. Seems like a potentially interesting scenario. Like that one and the Man in the High Castle both work a similar “what if” angle. I always thought A&A in 1942 was a bit like ‘what if Japan had won at Midway’, cause like Charlton Heston and Henry Fonda couldn’t get the job done, and that explains why Japan is all Globe trotting in the endgame lol. That would be like my head cannon to explain what’s happening on J1 in 1942.2.

For a PvP game you never really get the chance to see it unfold, but in SP vs the AI in tripleA, the endgame of virtually every WW2 map can go like Alexa Davalos straight through the portal into Invasion USA lol. Like that boardgame Amerika right, but with a Global map instead of just North America I guess? Seems like it could be cool!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m