• @crockett36

Curious ideas. Let me know if they work!

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I was informed this weekend that the Japanese doctrine of war was to use the subs against combat vessels. It did not go well.

• @crockett36

Yep! Luckily depth charges, hedgehogs, and the like never exitst in the game, so it’s safe. Battleship guns are the ones to look out for.

Anyways, I doubt submarines were considered expendable like we do.

• '19 '17 '16

When i first started playing we did a similar move but really fighting uk too much is a distraction for Germany which needs to focus on taking out ussr

• 2024 2023 '22

@simon33

True. I like to wait for the Soviet Union to declare war, whilst using aircraft to keep the UK down.

• @simon33 right. That’s why I’m suggesting the 111 109 106 attacks. And planes can be rebuilt when the tanks can’t reach Moscow in time. So the subs that start the game can last longer.

• '19 '17 '16

Sounds like you guys don’t agree with me at all.

• @crockett36 said in taking out the Brit destroyers?:

@superbattleshipyamato try it out. If you get lucky and burn planes as casualties you are immediately convoying England. Usually in both 109 and 106.

Has no upside only downsides to it.
    The more Planes Germany looses, the less power of threat it has against Russia and later UK and US Naval assets.
    So this is simply a bad idea.

You may try to kill sz 106,109 and 110 and buy an Bmbr w. Subs first round or a CV w. Sub and kill the rest of RN on round two.

But this the maximium of feelings you can get from it.
    Usually when some of these battles (sz 106,109,110) went south, you should def. primarily focus on Russia alone.

The reason why we even attack the most of RN first round is to clear and standoff against sz 110.
    When th US enters the war and controlls sz 110 along with UK RN,
    It is on Germany to defend the Homeland a fight two frontlines.

From 110 you reach everywhere you need as the Allied Player,
    wich is:
    Gibraltar, sz92,Germany, Western Germany, Norway, Denmark, Normandy, Belgium, Morrocco, Algeria.

This is a lot of Ground to cover for Axis.
    Therefore sz 110 is a vital Keypoint!

The idea should be to delay as long as possible the process of Allies controlling sz110!!

• @aequitas-et-veritas

Good idea. My view is that submarines are expendable units. Taking the entire RN out in the first turn (if the Allies scramble, even better) helps the Germans out. It’ll force the Allies to rebuild their navy to protect their transports.

• @aequitas-et-veritas said in taking out the Brit destroyers?:

@crockett36 said in taking out the Brit destroyers?:

@superbattleshipyamato try it out. If you get lucky and burn planes as casualties you are immediately convoying England. Usually in both 109 and 106.

Has no upside only downsides to it.
    The more Planes Germany looses, the less power of threat it has against Russia and later UK and US Naval assets.
    So this is simply a bad idea.

You may try to kill sz 106,109 and 110 and buy an Bmbr w. Subs first round or a CV w. Sub and kill the rest of RN on round two.

But this the maximium of feelings you can get from it.
    Usually when some of these battles (sz 106,109,110) went south, you should def. primarily focus on Russia alone.

The reason why we even attack the most of RN first round is to clear and standoff against sz 110.
    When th US enters the war and controlls sz 110 along with UK RN,
    It is on Germany to defend the Homeland a fight two frontlines.

From 110 you reach everywhere you need as the Allied Player,
    wich is:
    Gibraltar, sz92,Germany, Western Germany, Norway, Denmark, Normandy, Belgium, Morrocco, Algeria.

This is a lot of Ground to cover for Axis.
    Therefore sz 110 is a vital Keypoint!

The idea should be to delay as long as possible the process of Allies controlling sz110!!

I’m not an Axis guy, but I understand what you are saying. You didn’t exactly address the actual ipcs involved. 110 will not be held t1. They will run away or be killed t2. Especially if the g1 purchase is 3 figs.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m