L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (A+15), BM4, game #2

• OK, I think I can finish this soon, then because I have a little time

I’m looking forward to an airstrike on Sze again - can’t go any worse :hand_with_index_and_middle_fingers_crossed:

• Uh oh. Just what I was afraid of. Round 2…

• WHEW!!! :grimacing:

• Gotta eat my chicken nuggets and fries first

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 You were super lucky! Going with CR and DD against one DD in that crucial battle :O

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 What does that mean? :D

• I meant don’t expect the post right away because I’m eating lunch. Should be able to pick up my car from getting repairs soon, too. I couldn’t spare a 3rd unit for 96. It is definitely crucial, plus I have a blocker now. Huge break.

93% to win, 4% transport survives. You have to take chances against a strong opponent or you will lose for sure.

• I think I wanted the destroyer or cruiser in 95 to hit me so I could go carrier to 92, but who knows, maybe you attack and I get lucky

The just called, time to go get my car, will be a little while til I can finish - the noncoms are tough too

• It’s awesome to have 2 subs and no Italian destroyers, though… Smart no scramble I think

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 I think so because you would’ve just picked off my figs and still have navy left etc.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yes, the odds were on your side, but I was pretty much one die from a total different scenario there. Percentages are not always something to rely on :)

• Absolutely. In our situation that transport is really huge

• Like 1 move from being done, but I gotta go

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 No worries.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Wow there were many options that turn, decided on a more conservative approach. Everyone was on minus Combat Hit Differentials, which turned out to be in my favor due to the number of dice rolled.

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 destroyer; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Italians and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Italians
            1 armour and 2 infantry moved from Albania to Greece
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern France
            2 infantry moved from Southern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 97 Sea Zone to Greece
            2 fighters moved from Southern Italy to Greece
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to 105 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Italian Somaliland to Kenya
                  Italians take Kenya from British
            1 infantry moved from Ethiopia to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
                  Italians take Anglo Egyptian Sudan from British
            1 infantry moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
                  Italians take Alexandria from British

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 105 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber
                British defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the British lost in 105 Sea Zone
                Italians win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for British: 1 transport
            Battle in Greece
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 2 fighters and 4 infantry
                Neutral_Allies defend with 4 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 battleship and 1 cruiser in Greece, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 1,17 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 fighters and 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 1/7 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 4 infantry in Greece, round 2 : 0/4 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 fighters and 4 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 1/7 hits, 2,17 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 2 infantry in Greece, round 3 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Greece
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 fighters and 3 infantry in Greece, round 4 : 2/6 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Neutral_Allies roll dice for 1 infantry in Greece, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Allies lost in Greece
                Italians win, taking Greece from Neutral_Allies with 1 armour, 2 fighters and 3 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 9
                Casualties for Neutral_Allies: 4 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
            Battle in Southern France
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
                British defend with 1 aaGun and 1 infantry; French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Southern France, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Southern France, round 2 : 0/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    1 aaGun owned by the British lost in Southern France
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry in Southern France, round 3 : 2/5 hits, 1,83 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 artillery and 2 infantry in Southern France, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the French, 1 infantry owned by the British and 1 infantry owned by the Italians lost in Southern France
                    Italians roll dice for 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry in Southern France, round 4 : 1/4 hits, 1,50 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 1 artillery in Southern France, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the French lost in Southern France
                Italians win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 12
                Casualties for British: 1 aaGun and 1 infantry
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            Trigger Italy Occupies Southern France: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_French_Territory_May_Turn_Vichy_Switch attached to French
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Southern France
            1 armour, 1 artillery, 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Tobruk to Alexandria
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Libya to Tobruk
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Ethiopia to Anglo Egyptian Sudan
            2 fighters moved from Greece to Southern Italy
            1 bomber moved from 105 Sea Zone to Western Germany
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia

Place Units - Italians
            1 destroyer placed in 97 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,6,2,6,2,6
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 72 Sea Zone. Rolls: 6
            Italians collect 14 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 16 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

French regular : -1,33
    Italians regular : -3,67
    Neutral_Allies regular : -1,33

I1.tsvg

• Yes, I wanted you to have many options… let’s see what you did…

• I almost forgot all about Vichy which would have been really bad

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 You mean it would’ve left your UK ships much more exposed?

• That AND 2 aircraft from 95 had to land on French soil and would be lost without a fight! ALSO, could not take Holland preventing German options for planes :)
    Burned 2 transports as you know, but thought it would hamper a little bit to have extra infantry and AA in there to deal with.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m