L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, you definitely need to dedicate many hours to it, but once you do, it’s addicting :)

• 2023 '22

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 carrier, 1 factory_minor and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Suiyuyan
                  Japanese take Suiyuyan from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hopei
                  Japanese take Hopei from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
                  Japanese take Kweichow from Chinese
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            2 fighters moved from 36 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Szechwan

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Szechwan
                Japanese attack with 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 7 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers in Szechwan, round 2 : 6/14 hits, 8,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 7 infantry in Szechwan, round 2 : 0/7 hits, 2,33 expected hits
                    6 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Szechwan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers in Szechwan, round 3 : 7/14 hits, 8,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Szechwan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Szechwan
                Japanese win with 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 21
                Casualties for Chinese: 7 infantry
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 4 infantry
                Chinese defend with 5 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 4 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 2,67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 5 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 2/6 hits, 2,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 4 : 1/5 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Japanese: 3 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 5 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Siam to 37 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 2 carriers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 42 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Caroline Islands to 36 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            2 artilleries, 1 battleship, 4 infantry, 1 marine, 1 submarine and 3 transports moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 marine moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            2 infantry moved from 20 Sea Zone to Kiangsi
            3 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers moved from Szechwan to Kwangsi

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier and 2 submarines placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 factory_minor placed in Shantung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 33 PUs; end with 33 PUs
            Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 43 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : -2,67
    Japanese regular : -5,67

J2.tsvg

Ouch!! That was a really nasty air strike :o

• I look at the summary and it looks like you got killed. Then I see all the misses you had didn’t matter. That’s how those summaries can be mostly meaningless!

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 yes, that is when the effect from the number of units engaged in combat is seen in the numbers. I mean that even though I had -5 and you -2.5 the result of killed units was 0 and 7 in that battle.

• 2023 '22

J2.tsvg @pejon_88

A late rearrangement of some air.

• I’m sorry, I see I wasn’t very clear.
    I was just saying things looked good for me from the “combat hit differential summary” at the end, but that can be very misleading because sometimes a lot of dice are rolled that are inconsequential. Like round 2 against Sze when you only needed 1 hit but had 14 dice.

Often you can take one glance at that and know how the dice went for you, but sometimes it’s very misleading as it is in this case.

Well, I guess I’d better not get lazy. Probably need to shift toward the Pacific map

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 yes that’s very true. I think to me this was one of the more extreme cases since I only did 2 battles. I feel that those numbers usually give me more correct info on the outcome of a round, so to speak. Interesting!

Yes, Japan has really started out well.

• For only fighting the Chinese :clap:
    4/23 hits is almost 4 hits under average, with 0 hitting planes… enough to keep me from receiving a resignation without having to work :expressionless:

Russians are definitely going to be turning around.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 haha yeah that’s true! Will be interesting to follow your response 😊

• Thank you, I love respect and compliments

Thinking about bombers, need to load up the game and have another look. I don’t have enough money to buy what I want!! Evil J3 DOW

• Posting beginning of China’s move so you know I’m changing my buy before making combat move - I purchased 1 infantry but want to make 2.

C2 purchase.tsvg

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 HAHA!! You took Rome :D

GG! I’m quite happy to have the game over with to be honest, but that was surprising :D :D

I think I got totally confused by the turn of events so that transport somehow slipped my mind.

Rematch? Bid or same sides?

• Pejon_88P Pejon_88 referenced this topic on

• I couldn’t say anything until you looked, but yes, so much more craziness.

Didn’t think I’d win 91 and I was really lucky
    Didn’t see Rome when looking over German turn. Was just such a weird Europe. I looked back in the history to see what happened - the guy on Malta was kind of hard to see, you bought a fighter on Rome and I don’t know if you saw Rome needed to be defended, but then you scrambled it and neither of us realized what was unfolding.

Anyway, a wacky ending to a wacky “game” so let’s start a “normal” one!

I’m still playing Axis on two other games, so I want to bid. Only right that you make the opening bid please.

BM4 again I hope

Thanks for all the kindness and graciousness and sportsmanship, I hope I will be as nice when you crush me in the 2nd game.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, I had of course already seen the dice in SZ91 and the unrelenting UK dice, but was super surprised when I scrolled over the map and saw some beige around Rome haha!! Felt I was in a position to at least let you go for SZ91 and with some luck come out on top there, but no.

Yes I really overlooked that transport and when I lost my fig in Rome, that made things even more obscure in a sense.

A normal round 1-2 is all I’m begging for here :)

Yes, I have sent an initial bid for a new BM4 game in the chat.

Likewise, it was a pleasure losing to you ;)

• Oh my goodness, does anybody dislike you?

Thanks for sharing your viewpoint there, it’s really cool

Was wondering, you live in Stockholm, are you English? Judging by your name and fluency?

• Sorry, should have PM’d that. I could edit it, but that’s a slippery slope. Pretty soon I’d be changing who posted what - mwa ha ha :smiling_imp:

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Hmm, some people but they don’t know what they are talking about haha!

Yeah, born and raised just outside Stockholm. It’s my wife’s name actually and its Finnish, one of the most common surnames apparently. I don’t know Finnish, but it’s a cool name :)

We do learn English from age 7 (probably even younger nowadays) so it’s very much my 2nd language. Thanks!

You’ll be known as the guy who randomly edits posts :D

• Normally only edit my own!

Thanks, very fascinating, very cool

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m