L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1

• @pejon_88 Things started to turn around already? I can’t wait to look :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• @pejon_88 Oh, OK, you had me a little worried there. I thought maybe you never got hit anywhere. Nice buy, and I’m glad there was no convoy damage

I’m gone all day for happy times at the in-laws -

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Haha did I do anything? :)

Just got it myself from your explanation.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, well G2 was far better than G1 at least haha.

Hope you had a great time with the family.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Just ended a 12h sitting of a board game called Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd edition. Fun times!

• @pejon_88 said in L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1:

@gamerman01 Haha did I do anything? :)

Just got it myself from your explanation.

Sweet!!!

@gamerman01 Yeah, well G2 was far better than G1 at least haha.

Hope you had a great time with the family.

I’m glad it was better - you can’t feel very proud of a win the dice handed you. Keep on fighting and maybe it gets back into balance

Family was awesome. Lots of great little kids, lots of 30 something’s nieces and nephews to talk to - basically 100% attendance - they were dividing up Grandpa’s belongings.

• Trying to take a peek at Descent -
    I believe you’re next, just finished complicated Italy turn vs elche. I think it had maximum nastiness, at least considering my lack of experience with Axis BM

• I’ve never really played a serious board game face to face that is rpg, dungeon diving. I try to get every dungeon searching and fighting video game I can get my hands on. I love that stuff

@gamerman01 Just ended a 12h sitting of a board game called Descent: Journeys in the Dark 2nd edition. Fun times!

I have Descent. It is a great game! DnD without the roleplaying; just the fighting and battling. Though, you can roleplay the Avatars. :)

And yes, it takes 10-12 hours to get through a scenario.

• Cool - Sounds like I’d like it a lot, just too many games I want to play so not spending the money :expressionless:

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Oh sorry for your loss, but great to meet the family for sure :)

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, you definitely need to dedicate many hours to it, but once you do, it’s addicting :)

• 2023 '22

Round: 2

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 carrier, 1 factory_minor and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Suiyuyan
                  Japanese take Suiyuyan from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hopei
                  Japanese take Hopei from Chinese
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
                  Japanese take Kweichow from Chinese
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            2 fighters moved from 36 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Szechwan

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Szechwan
                Japanese attack with 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers
                Chinese defend with 7 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers in Szechwan, round 2 : 6/14 hits, 8,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 7 infantry in Szechwan, round 2 : 0/7 hits, 2,33 expected hits
                    6 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Szechwan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers in Szechwan, round 3 : 7/14 hits, 8,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Szechwan, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Szechwan
                Japanese win with 2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 21
                Casualties for Chinese: 7 infantry
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 4 infantry
                Chinese defend with 5 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 4 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/8 hits, 2,67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 5 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 1,67 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 2 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 2/6 hits, 2,33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 3 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 1/3 hits, 1,00 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 2 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 4 : 1/5 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Yunnan, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 2 artilleries, 2 fighters and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Japanese: 3 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 5 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from Kwangsi to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Siam to 37 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 2 carriers, 2 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 33 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 42 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Caroline Islands to 42 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Caroline Islands to 36 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 37 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Jehol to Chahar
            1 aaGun and 2 infantry moved from Jehol to Anhwe
            2 artilleries, 1 battleship, 4 infantry, 1 marine, 1 submarine and 3 transports moved from 6 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 marine moved from 36 Sea Zone to Kwangsi
            1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to 19 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Manchuria to Jehol
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 19 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsi to Hunan
            2 infantry moved from 20 Sea Zone to Kiangsi
            3 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Kwangsi
            2 bombers, 6 fighters and 6 tactical_bombers moved from Szechwan to Kwangsi

Place Units - Japanese
            1 carrier and 2 submarines placed in 6 Sea Zone
            1 factory_minor placed in Shantung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 33 PUs; end with 33 PUs
            Objective Japanese 1 Trade With America: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 43 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : -2,67
    Japanese regular : -5,67

J2.tsvg

Ouch!! That was a really nasty air strike :o

• I look at the summary and it looks like you got killed. Then I see all the misses you had didn’t matter. That’s how those summaries can be mostly meaningless!

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 yes, that is when the effect from the number of units engaged in combat is seen in the numbers. I mean that even though I had -5 and you -2.5 the result of killed units was 0 and 7 in that battle.

• 2023 '22

J2.tsvg @pejon_88

A late rearrangement of some air.

• I’m sorry, I see I wasn’t very clear.
    I was just saying things looked good for me from the “combat hit differential summary” at the end, but that can be very misleading because sometimes a lot of dice are rolled that are inconsequential. Like round 2 against Sze when you only needed 1 hit but had 14 dice.

Often you can take one glance at that and know how the dice went for you, but sometimes it’s very misleading as it is in this case.

Well, I guess I’d better not get lazy. Probably need to shift toward the Pacific map

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 yes that’s very true. I think to me this was one of the more extreme cases since I only did 2 battles. I feel that those numbers usually give me more correct info on the outcome of a round, so to speak. Interesting!

Yes, Japan has really started out well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m