barnee Axis vs VictoryFirst Allies G 40 Expansion

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@VictoryFirst went ahead and made a game thread for us. i’ve never played by email but did a few forum games with triplea about ten years ago. Anyway, let me know if you want to adjust anything to the process.

Here’s G1 buys and CombatMove:
    barnee vs VictoryFirst.txt

Need scramble orders for SZ 111 and any special OrderOfLoss for any of the battles.

Here’s a screenshot
    G1 CM.png

and a triplea save in case anyone wants to follow along or if you decide to get triplea and use it as a reference tool. It’s pretty handy for that. Shows all the moves and rolls.

barnee vs VictoryFirst.tsvg

@barnee hmm … won’t let me edit my post for some reason. There’s a dice roller here. I’m not sure how it works, but we can look into it if you want.

It’s all fun and games to me, so doesn’t matter either way.

@barnee That’s weird can’t edit. Must have something to do with the “Play Boardgames”. Anyway, do you wanna intercept the SBR on UK ?

@barnee already screwing up :) Had the SBR doing a ground attack in UK lol Here’s a new triplea save

barnee vs VictoryFirst.tsvg

Also put some spaces between battles to make for easier reading
    barnee vs VictoryFirst.txt

• @barnee

Nice to see you already set the game up. I’m fine with playing by forum too!

One thing that is hindering us to continue the game: I get an error when I try to load your .tsvg file. I’ve had this error before and it means that you run TripleA on a different version. Mine is 2.5.22294. If you run on this same version as well, then things are weird!

I received your message about how you think things should go. I’m used to a less strict set of rules. What I always do is just post the game file to the thread, and if I need to ask OOL in complicated battles or scramble options, I ask my opponent what he desires to do in the thread (possible attaching a save file of the situation). Things like buys, combat and non-combat moves can be found in the save file itself, under ‘History’.
    I think that is handier in terms of file management. But if you want to play with those rules because you’re used to them, that’s fine with me!

Btw, you also have this nice button called ‘Post Turn Summary’, which directly posts all the things you did during the turn, including a save file. We can play with that as well, if you like.

Regarding file naming, I think this is the best option: ‘G40 Expansion G1’, for the first german turn. So letterofcountry+turn.

• And yeah, there is indeed a weird issue that when you create a PBF thread, you can’t edit your posts!

I wanted to add that when we don’t play on the same version, we can’t load each others save files (well, at least I can’t), so we need to get that fixed first.

• @victoryfirst ahh … I didn’t realize you were on triplea. Yea I made the save with the latest prerelease. I can make one with the 2.5 stable or actually if you know how to set it up that’d be fine as I’ve had trouble lately getting one to work. I think it was gmail doesn’t work anymore.

I think the reason you can’t edit is so people can’t change dice roller outcomes is my guess.

If we do use triplea, the biggest issues are Uboat attacks and Para attacks. You need to roll those by hand as well as the LMs. I then document in the comment log anything that needs clarification.

Anyway it’s all for grins so however you wanna go about it is fine with me. Well get a system figured out soon enough. I’ll send a 2.5 save shortly

@VictoryFirst here’s a new 2.5 save

Global 40 Expansion G1.tsvg

• @barnee

Uhm, what? So you can play this without triplea as well? How?

That we need to roll some battles manually is fine with me. There is this die roller website I use in a game with another person which works really well. I forgot the name of it unfortunately but I’ll let you know shortly. You chose how many dice you want to roll, and then it sends an email with the result.

The save file now works fine! No scrambles!

• @victoryfirst oh I thought you were playing on the physical board. Right on I’ve just been using the in game dice roller. It doesn’t show in history but is a friendly game anyway :)

Well just go along and adjust or clarify as needed. the more we play the less clarification we’ll need :)

• @barnee

Oh yeah, I probably should have been a bit more clear. I’ve never played via email on a physical board, so it didn’t even come up in my mind! I am currently playing a solo game on my physical board, so I wouldn’t like to cancel that game anyway :)

By the way, instead of the die roller website which is this one: https://www.pbegames.com/roller/
    we can also use TripleA’s manual die roller, under the Game tab (I didn’t know of its existence until like one minute ago lol, somebody just told me about it!).

• @victoryfirst right on yea I post reults in comment log but it seems save closes it so need to reopen under “view” in case you don’t know and it has the sub battle

• @barnee

So I understand we don’t have dice e-mails? I’m fine with that, although I’ve never played with it. I like to do a playtest of my turn first, so I don’t know when you should start doing your turn for real.

@barnee It’s up to you how exact you wanna be but for big naval battles we can just roll with the subs as is. Easy enough when it’s subs only. They get an extra First Strike at 1 which doesn’t allow the casualty to hit back and then normal attack at 2.

Paras similar but is cancelled when other units present so easy enough to roll for. The not shooting back can be pretty deadly lol

Also if you have an Army or Corps you need to keep track of casualties as the Oberst, commisar etc … will keep giving the bonus. So you need to kill it early if needed and then edit back in after battle if you want/can

• @victoryfirst said in barnee Axis vs VictoryFirst Allies G 40 Expansion:

@barnee

So I understand we don’t have dice e-mails? I’m fine with that, although I’ve never played with it. I like to do a playtest of my turn first, so I don’t know when you should start doing your turn for real.

yea no worries. If you know how to set up a forum game then we can go full triplea mode. I haven’t been able to get it to work the last few times i tried

• @barnee

Lol I just tried to convert our game to a forum game but I got a weird error. It says user ‘VictoryFirst’ doesn’t exist xD. I don’t exist? Well, I know one thing and that is that I do exist, so I will dive deeper and try to fix the error :)

• @barnee

Ok the issue was that I accidentally chose the triplea forum instead of the axis and allies one, but now I get this message

class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’) java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.lang.Boolean cannot be cast to class java.lang.Integer (java.lang.Boolean and java.lang.Integer are in module java.base of loader ‘bootstrap’)

This is annoying…

• @barnee

Ok, we can use local game files for now until the issue is fixed. I guess you have this same issue too? :)

Global 40 Expansions R1.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m