Elche (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) BM4 rematch

• Sometimes it makes no difference, but I think it does here because if UK fighters are on US carrier, the US carrier could carry them and then UK fly from there.
    There might be previous turns where this could have been an issue, but no problem in this game. It’s never a problem on the game board because you can see them physically :)

Unlike transports and the edit feature, I don’t think there’s any way to know what planes are on what carriers.

Do you know about the Triple A game notes feature? It’s perfect for things like this. Anyway, I don’t want to sound nitpicky, it’s just a thing that can start big arguments between players if not handled properly. Anyway, thanks!!

• If you want to attack Hawaii with all ships you need 3 rounds to go there.
    The planes in sz110, us fig on us ac and 4 brit fig on 2 brit. ac. I although dont know how to check this.

• Up to now i didnt know is possible to land on a ac from allied country if there is enough space on own ac. But you are right, should be possible but machine dont accept. Only with edit ? Or did I understand this totally wrong ?

• @elche said in Elche (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) BM4 rematch:

If you want to attack Hawaii with all ships you need 3 rounds to go there.

I understand you now, thanks

The planes in sz110, us fig on us ac and 4 brit fig on 2 brit. ac. I although dont know how to check this.

Yes, the best way to make it clear is to add a comment to the Triple A comment log. On G1, Yugoslavia was attacked but not conquered, and this is relevant because Axis and Allies planes can henceforth fly over it because it is no longer neutral, it has joined the allies though the infantry can’t move. So I put in a comment that Yugo has been attacked so all planes may now fly over it. I also noted that allied planes can land there, but upon further review of the rules, I don’t think that’s true.

Point is, the comment log feature is perfect for things like this. Which aircraft are on which carriers can be noted in the comment log during that player’s turn so that discussion is not needed in the thread.

So you told me how to place your fighters in 110 and I will add it to the comment log for us.

You access the comment log by going view ->show comment log

• If the engine gets confused and moves UK fighters along with the US carrier, for example, editing would probably be necessary

• See screenshot, at bottom, what the comment log looks like

This feature may help you to avoid misunderstanding in future games

• @elche said in Elche (+18) vs Gamerman01 (x) BM4 rematch:

Up to now i didnt know is possible to land on a ac from allied country if there is enough space on own ac. But you are right, should be possible but machine dont accept. Only with edit ? Or did I understand this totally wrong ?

No, you’re on the right track. TripleA doesn’t always know what planes are on what carriers. Sometimes players will point it out in the thread, or put it in the game notes, or both.

It is very important that you understand the shared carriers of allies. It can be a game winner. It’s in the rulebook in the bluebar on page 21 of the 2nd edition Europe manual.

Basically you can always land on open slots on an ally’s carrier. If you do, the aircraft carrier’s owner can carry the ally’s plane(s) on his move, and then on the plane owner’s turn the planes can take off from the new carrier position. It can be used to devastating effects in the Pacific, and to get a surprise extra aircraft attacking Berlin, just as two examples. The allied planes defend with the carrier when attacked, and when attacked the planes are all in the air so can land back on whatever undamaged carriers remain, so they can switch to a different power’s carrier unless I’m forgetting something. But I’ve checked in the main places for these rules.

• So thank you very much for declaring the fighters on carriers for me, so I can do Italy now.
    Looking it over one more time, I see the way things unfolded it was only possible for US fighters to be on US carrier because UK carrier was full. Then on UK turn US carrier was full so all UK fighters have to be on UK carriers. But it is a good time to learn this Triple A nuance and the rules a little more clearly, and a good practice to put the note in so your opponent doesn’t have to retrace your turn and make sure it’s all legal. (Though he may still need to to make sure you’re correct.) :blush: Anyway, you get the point, what fighters are on what carriers can be a game deciding issue, easily, and there are ways to exploit its powers. So it’s very important to be clear on it so that after you take Berlin with your brilliant usage of planes on allied carriers your opponent can’t say back, well you have to do it over because I didn’t know what planes were on what carriers.

Not a problem when playing with the board game and pieces, lol!!

• Screenshot 2022-10-02 14.10.39.png

• Actually I don’t think we need to do view - show comment log - you can just click the tiny arrows at the bottom right to expand or collapse. You can do the same at the top right, to remove the side bar so you can see a lot more of the map horizontally, if you didn’t already know that

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

I7.tsvg

Still making excuses, but unbelievably this is my 2nd game as Axis in BM ever. I got smoked on the first one for bad G1 dice. So I’m finding it’s pretty exciting to get through 7 rounds as Axis. I have zero experience with trying to tame China after letting them go.

Not BM, against Ghostglider in 2015 I actually went 27 rounds (My games are usually 4 to 11 rounds) and won - that was for the championship for 2014. Ghost had defeated #1 seed Me1945 for me. I had also played Me1945 as the Axis (regular season game), and I was toast by 12 rounds.

I apologize if this ancient history is uninteresting to you. Just saying I’m kind of making things up as I go, here.

• Just in case you overlooked it, I did post I7 in that last post -
    Talk to you later

• Hi Gamerman01, sorry for delay. I had to work in another town and last time it was possible to play and use Internet for private things but this week not.
    I will read all post from you and answer till tomorrow.
    But thank you for your time and posts to help me.
    I like this help very much.:blush:

• Great, I like helping people.
    Pejon and AeV are definitely keeping me busy so I’m glad you can’t post right now anyway. Have a good time

• Okay, I read all posts. So I will try out commemt log. And I write you where my planes are if there ac from different countries. It s a long way to know all rules and play perfect.

• Sounds good for me that this is second game BM with Axis. Its more difficultto win with Axis in BM Mode than OOB. I didnt find good tatic with Japan in BM. In most games from me Japan only defends mainland in higher rounds. And in this game you did 2 things I decided after last games not to do anymore.

1. No war with USA before R4.
    2. Early attack towards Persia with Germany. I loose my games I do so and won 1 game another player did.
      Will do my move now.

• Game History

Round: 7

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 2 artilleries, 1 infantry and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 artillery moved from Queensland to 54 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 54 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to 45 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 45 Sea Zone to 42 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 42 Sea Zone to Java

Combat - ANZAC
            Battle in Java

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Egypt

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 transport placed in 54 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry placed in Queensland
            1 artillery placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 17 PUs; end with 18 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 21 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 24 PUs

Combat Move - French
            3 infantry moved from Egypt to Trans-Jordan
            1 infantry moved from Syria to Trans-Jordan

Combat - French
            Battle in Trans-Jordan
                French attack with 4 infantry
                Italians defend with 1 artillery
                    French roll dice for 4 infantry in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    Italians roll dice for 1 artillery in Trans-Jordan, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 artillery owned by the Italians lost in Trans-Jordan
                French win, taking Trans-Jordan from Italians with 4 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Italians: 1 artillery

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians regular : -0,33
    French regular : 0,33

f7 (2).tsvg

• There’s something with the notifications, sometimes I overlook that it is my turn. I’m sorry, I didn’t see you moved 5 days ago. It’s my turn vs. AeV and also Pejon. And my wife wants a lot of my time this weekend. I will try

• No problem. Have to think about your tatic and about mine. And i will start today with first game PtV.

Have a wonderful sunday with your wife.

• Thanks!!!
    And be careful with switching between PtV and BM. PtV is really exciting to learn, as a new map and variation of A&A unlike we’ve ever seen before, but for me, I couldn’t go back and forth between PtV and BM without getting confused. Those carrier scrambles and scrambles from airbase to land are major changes. And the islands and sea zones. Enjoy!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m