Pejon_88 (Allies +16) vs. Naviator (X), BM4, game 1

• 2023 '22

@naviator I think you answered the question yourself, if USA spends the majority of its money in the Pac, a savvy Axis player will conquer Europe rather easily.

• 2023 '22

@naviator Not sure exactly what you mean. You can always scramble as the defender with an operational AB (i.e. max 2 points if damage). You can for example scramble during the US combat turn and then again during the UK combat turn if there are available/surviving figs/tacs.

• 2023 '22

R5.tsvg @pejon_88

I advise against bombing USSR factories other than Moscow. You want to grab the other factories with Germany asap and then you would have to repair the damage you, yourself caused. Also, there is the 1/6 risk of losing a valuable 14IPC bomber.

• @pejon_88 I was wondering, if I use airplanes to attack and non-con them to a territory with an AF, can I scramble or I cannot because they were in combat during that round?

My bomber wasn’t doing much so I decided to bomb the factory, you are using that factory, therefore I think it is a good move. I guess one could argue that since it’s a minor factory I am losing value and that you can ditch it anytime you want. I don’t think it’s necessary a bad move, in case it is, maybe just slightly.

• 2023 '22

@naviator If you use them on say Germany’s turn and land them where there is an AB you can scramble them on any of the opposing countries’ turn, so yes.

What I mean is that you will grab that factory in two turns, which pretty much negates me building in it from R6 and on since you will easily kill everything left there when you arrive. Since USSR usually gets pushed back to towards Moscow sooner or later, I don’t mind that much building new units in my farther factories since the front will gradually be pushed closer and closer to Moscow it that makes sense.

• 2023 '22

@pejon_88 USSR fights a defensive war until it can get assistance from its Allies, unless it has already fallen by then hehe.

• @pejon_88 Yeah, I am familiar with the scenario. Usually British supply their Fighters to hold Karelia in '42 and USA goes also or to the Mediterranean. I just thought Germany here needs to defend more so than to attack USSR.

• 2023 '22

@naviator No, the “only” way Axis can win is by keeping the momentum. If you get into mid-game and it’s a stalemate, Allies will most likely out-build the Axis if they have a superior income.

• 2023 '22

Round: 8

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 transport; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - Italians
            1 infantry moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
            1 fighter moved from Caucasus to Northwest Persia
            1 bomber moved from Southern Italy to Northwest Persia
            1 armour moved from Volgograd to Samara
                  Italians take Samara from Russians
            1 armour moved from Samara to Novosibirsk
                  Italians take Novosibirsk from Russians

Combat - Italians
            Battle in Northwest Persia
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 infantry
                British defend with 1 infantry
                    Italians roll dice for 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 infantry in Northwest Persia, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1,33 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 infantry in Northwest Persia, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the British lost in Northwest Persia
                Italians win, taking Northwest Persia from British with 1 bomber, 1 fighter and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for British: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Italians
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Bessarabia to Rostov
            1 bomber moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus
            1 fighter moved from Northwest Persia to Caucasus
            2 artilleries and 5 infantry moved from France to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern France
            1 infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Bulgaria
            1 mech_infantry moved from Yugoslavia to Bessarabia
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 119 Sea Zone

Place Units - Italians
            1 transport placed in 110 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 11
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 3,1,3,4
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 97 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5,3,6,2,6,2,6,6,5,1
            Italians collect 9 PUs (11 lost to blockades); end with 12 PUs
            Objective Italians 4 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Italians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 14 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Italians regular : 0,67
    British regular : -0,33

UK5.tsvg

• @pejon_88 I assume this summary is from another game.

• 2023 '22

@naviator Yes apologies, but the save file is correct.

• 2023 '22

Round: 5

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 2 submarines and 1 transport; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
                  Chinese take Yunnan from Japanese

Combat - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            2 fighters moved from New Zealand to 54 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from New South Wales to 54 Sea Zone
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery, 4 infantry and 1 marine moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 infantry moved from Alexandria to Egypt
            1 cruiser moved from 26 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone

Place Units - ANZAC
            2 submarines and 1 transport placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Trigger ANZAC 1 Control Original And Malaya: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 13 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 16 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 19 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Morocco to Algeria

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

FR5.tsvg

• 2023 '22

• @pejon_88 I would like to take a break from the game since I have upcoming exams, I hope you are okay with it.

• 2023 '22

@naviator Yes sure. Good luck and play later.

• 2023 '22

@Naviator when do you expect to play again?

• @pejon_88 Hi, expect a file this Saturday, maybe earlier. I hope that is okay, if not, I guess I could play my move tommorow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m