Ottomans buy 3 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Ottomans
            1 infantry moved from Bulgaria to Romania

Combat Move - Ottomans

Place Units - Ottomans
            3 infantry placed in Constantinople

Turn Complete - Ottomans
            Ottomans collect 9 PUs; end with 9 PUs

O18.tsvg no worries. Also, “Territory is start or end of pending move” only comes up if you have moved pieces into or out of a territory and then tried to EDIT. If you “undo” all the moves, then make the edits, there will be no prob. Hope that helps - I’m trying to get them to fix some of these issues…

• @victoryfirst Italy/USA is up

• @the_good_captain
    Game History

Round: 18

Puchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Place Units - Italians
            2 infantry placed in Rome

Turn Complete - Italians
            Italians collect 8 PUs; end with 10 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Game History

Round: 18

Puchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 artillery and 7 infantry; Remaining resources: 3 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from United States of America to SZ 1
            1 artillery, 7 infantry and 4 transports moved from SZ 1 to SZ 13
            4 transports moved from SZ 14 to SZ 1
            1 artillery, 7 infantry and 4 transports moved from SZ 13 to SZ 14
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from Spanish Morocco to SZ 16
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from SZ 14 to Spanish Morocco
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from SZ 16 to Marseilles
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Smyrna to SZ 19
            2 artilleries and 6 infantry moved from Rome to SZ 17
            1 artillery, 5 infantry and 3 transports moved from SZ 17 to SZ 16
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from SZ 19 to SZ 16
            2 artilleries and 8 infantry moved from SZ 16 to Marseilles

Combat Move - Americans
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to Marseilles: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            EDIT: Removing units owned by French from SZ 17: 1 transport
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by French to SZ 17: 1 transport
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Italians from SZ 17: 1 transport
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from SZ 17: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Italians to SZ 17: 1 transport

Place Units - Americans
            1 artillery and 7 infantry placed in United States of America

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 25 PUs; end with 28 PUs

I18-US18.tsvg

• @victoryfirst

I attacked with the Germans in Burgundy and scored 34 hits. How do you want them?

Capture.PNG

• @the_good_captain

Two to the tanks (that kills all my tanks) and the rest to the infantry, please.

• @the_good_captain

Game History

Round: 19

Puchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 18 infantry; Remaining resources: 2 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            5 units repaired.
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these French owned units to: tank = 1, tank = 1
            15 infantry moved from Switzerland to Burgundy
            14 infantry moved from Lorraine to Burgundy
            2 artilleries moved from Belgium to Alsace
            1 infantry moved from Munich to Alsace
            1 infantry moved from Belgium to Lorraine
            1 infantry moved from Holland to Belgium
            2 artilleries and 14 infantry moved from Munich to Switzerland
            16 infantry moved from Hanover to Munich
            17 infantry moved from Berlin to Hanover
            4 artilleries and 3 infantry moved from Tatarstan to Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Moscow to Tatarstan

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Burgundy
                Germans attack with 21 artilleries, 10 fighters, 62 infantry and 5 tanks
                French defend with 17 artilleries, 62 infantry and 2 tanks
                    Germans roll dice for 21 artilleries, 10 fighters, 62 infantry and 5 tanks in Burgundy, round 2 : 34/98 hits, 43.17 expected hits
                    French roll dice for 17 artilleries, 62 infantry and 2 tanks in Burgundy, round 2 : 43/81 hits, 39.83 expected hits
                Units damaged: 5 tanks owned by the Germans
                    38 infantry owned by the Germans, 2 tanks owned by the French and 32 infantry owned by the French lost in Burgundy
                French and Germans reach a stalemate
                . Battle score for attacker is -6
                Casualties for Germans: 38 infantry
                Casualties for French: 32 infantry and 2 tanks

Combat Move - Germans

Place Units - Germans
            18 infantry placed in Berlin

Turn Complete - Germans
            Germans collect 49 PUs; end with 51 PUs

French regular : 3.17
    Germans regular : -9.17

G19.tsvg

• @victoryfirst G19updated.tsvg forgot to put my Austrians back into Albania - fixed in this one

• @the_good_captain

OK, I think I will have to capitulate here. Too many losses and my desperate plans didn’t work out! My thoughts on the game:

I think I didn’t use my forces effectively enough. I couldn’t break through the German lines (although maybe that was because I did do some risky maneuvers which cost a lot of units…). I also couldn’t defeat the Ottomans. I am not sure how I could have done things differently this time. You somehow managed to defend against everything very well, and then you started slowly pushing me back. Or I am just bad at the game :)
    How did your other games fair against other Entente players? Did they manage to beat you? And if so, how? How do you play the Entente?

If I really need to point out some things I should have done differently, it’s going to be these:
    Entente has to destroy a CP power, I think, by concentrating all of its forces against it. Germany is too strong to take down easily, so it got to be Turkey. I would say, max British income is spent in India. USA also fully commits to destroying Turkey. But still, the Austro-Hungarians can help defend. Not sure who will come out on top. But if the Entente manages to defeat them, I think their economic advantage will result in a victory.

Anyway, thanks for playing. You played very well. If you want to play another game, and you want me to play the Entente or the Central Powers, feel free to ask. I would be glad to play again.

• @victoryfirst said in 1914 TGC (Central Powers) vs VF (Entente) oob, no bid, RR:

@the_good_captain

OK, I think I will have to capitulate here. Too many losses and my desperate plans didn’t work out! My thoughts on the game:

I think I didn’t use my forces effectively enough. I couldn’t break through the German lines (although maybe that was because I did do some risky maneuvers which cost a lot of units…). I also couldn’t defeat the Ottomans. I am not sure how I could have done things differently this time. You somehow managed to defend against everything very well, and then you started slowly pushing me back. Or I am just bad at the game :)

I have (now) played many, many games of 1914 (over 30 in the last six months as of this writing against eight different players). As we played through this game, I learned what the pressure points were in those other games and where advantage can be gained slightly for the CP. You played quite well in fact.

How did your other games fair against other Entente players? Did they manage to beat you? And if so, how? How do you play the Entente?

I have been beaten as the CP, yes - there appear to be two ways to do this. One is raw numbers. Essentially every power except the UK builds only infantry. The USA builds only eight transports. The Western and Italian fronts become clogged with troops and the CP fail to break them down. The British meanwhile grind through the Ottomans and break into Austria causing a concession. The other is to be very aggressive with essentially all the powers. This will result in more losses and appears to be a bit dicer but the theme here is that the fighting is done on the western front much closer to germany and so the economy helps to replace the losses. I have been beaten by both these strategies and defeated both of them.

If I really need to point out some things I should have done differently, it’s going to be these:
    Entente has to destroy a CP power, I think, by concentrating all of its forces against it. Germany is too strong to take down easily, so it got to be Turkey. I would say, max British income is spent in India. USA also fully commits to destroying Turkey. But still, the Austro-Hungarians can help defend. Not sure who will come out on top. But if the Entente manages to defeat them, I think their economic advantage will result in a victory.

The unique thing you did was spam transports for the USA (I have never seen anything close to that many - at first I was critical but the endgame was more interesting than I thought). You also overstrengthed france in africa. Usually all those territories I see go to the UK which helps them beat down Ottomans. Finally, as soon as you were able I think you should have sent the UK into Constantinople. It might have hurt a bit but I wasn’t strong enough to hold yet and Ottomans would have lost 6 IPC. Instead I was able to crank out 3 pieces each turn.

Anyway, thanks for playing. You played very well. If you want to play another game, and you want me to play the Entente or the Central Powers, feel free to ask. I would be glad to play again.

Anytime my friend. Shall we go again?! Thank you very much for the game and the offer!

• @the_good_captain

Sure! Shall I play the Entente again?

30 games? That’s a lot in that time frame! I’ve only played two at this point… and both of them were as the Entente. I haven’t even looked at some of the possible CP strategies.

I thought that having a lot of transport as the United States would be flexible and give me options later on. When I have a big blob of US units sitting in a territory and also have a couple of extra transports around, I could threaten to land in coastal territories, especially the Ottoman ones. Eventually, it didn’t work out, as you had a very large amount of units helping to defend Maybe I should have risked a full attack on Constantinople with the British, but I found the attack a bit dicey, so I waited until I got more units involved. But you had access to more reinforcements than I thought, so the odds only went worse!

In our next game, I will try out some new things as the Entente, keeping the mistakes I made in the previous games in mind. I am interested to see how it will play out.

• @victoryfirst I will get one started up here shortly.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m