• Hi,

For years we have been switching between KGF and KJF as Allies. Building on East or West as US side gives away your initial plans off course.
    Building in S-Francisco is giving Japan a heads up to start preparing for a naval clash with US.

This is a brainfart:

As US you built for three turns 100% on the East coast (carriers, DD, tpt,…) as if you were preparing for a KGF, forcing italy and Ger to prepare and makingJapan believe they free reign. The Pacific fleet shucks troops to Hawaii as normal. On US3 you send everything (Eur and Pac) to Samoa. It can be reached from New York, Hawaii and S-Fr. UK Pacific builts a Naval base there UK3 (they need to save their income).

From there you are one turn away from Queensland and thus the money islands are in reach. All reinforcements can come via a built on the East via Samoa to Queensland coast so your supply lines are safe from SZ6. And you can switch to a KGF easily.

Did it once and it surprised the Axis player like hell. Unfortunately systematic bad dice shred allied play so no matter the strategy, it was a lost game so no valid after action review possible.

• The main issue I see with this is that you would need to use UK pacific funds to build the naval base which is virtually a turn of their income. Whether the surprise on the axis side is worth it depends on the situation but that will be 5 inf sorely missed in India.

• @cornwallis

Too bad the strategy won’t be a surprise anymore. I considered a similar idea of building in Fiji to expedite US transfers to Asia, but then I remembered the US can’t use them because they’re neutral.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m