• I entered the summer knowing nothing about the sport of archery except that I would be running a range all summer. Today, I come home from my endeavor an experienced archer, equiped with my new Parker Buck Hunter compound bow (Draw Weight 55-65, 75%).

Any other archery fans out there? I’m thinking about taking a deer down with my bow, but for now I’m going to stick to targets.

• Wow, he’s back!  Welcome home, oh merciful overlord!  :-D

I used to have a compound bow, which was cool.  I had a bad habit of firing the arrows from the wrong side of the bow, though (still worked, lol).  I’ve since moved on to blowguns.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Yea, I used to be an archer.  But I left my bow sit too much and it needs to be repaired now.

• I have a compound bow.  I need to restring it tho’.  I used to teach archery to kids at a camp.  Much fun.

• I used to deer hunt with an ancient recurve…  talk about a pain in the butt for a 13 year old.

Everytime I see or hear of compund bows, I remember a T-Shirt from the 1980’s of an Indian brave on a hilltop, the rising sun behind him, his arm in the air, holding a compound bow.  Beneath were the words “What If?”  :-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

I used to deer hunt with an ancient recurve…  talk about a pain in the butt for a 13 year old.

Everytime I see or hear of compund bows, I remember a T-Shirt from the 1980’s of an Indian brave on a hilltop, the rising sun behind him, his arm in the air, holding a compound bow.  Beneath were the words “What If?”  :-)

:evil:

• @Yanny:

Any other archery fans out there?

Not really, however I did like that “machine gun” crossbow in the movie Van Helsing.  They should have used those in WWII.

• I got a bow hunting licence back when I lived in MI.

It was more for investment advice from a coworker.

The hunter safety class (bow and rifle) ended at gun shooting range.  We used rifles on targets and then worked on hitting clay pigeons w/a shotgun.  I did not know about bracing the shotgut butt on my frame, so the recoil blew out my shoulder.  I was not able to draw on the bow for another 3 months, when deer season was over.  I moved out of state soon after.

I am proud of all of you archery hunters.

Hope you bag a big one, Yanny.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m