• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

CD:

Russia doesn’t have to do anything different on Round 1 in a KJF game.  R2 is a different story, but by then the cat’s out of the bag.

Also, I’d say you almost HAVE to have an Indian IC and maybe even a Sink IC.

I’d buy 1 carrier, 1 transport, 1 fighter, 1 artillery, 1 infantry every round iwth America.  This is a huge defense and a decent island hopping force.  Get 3 or 4 carriers and 12 transports (over time) and you can do some massive damage to Japan.

However, anyone ever wonder if you could fool Japan into thinking you’ll do a SFE landing instead of main island?  The trick here would be to forgo island hopping, build a fleet where you actually DO SFE landings for a few turns (while increasing your tranny supplies) then as a “surprise” go to Japan instead of SFE.

• Shadow & Jen,

Do you always stack 6inf in Bury on R1, regardless of KJF or KGF?

• 2007 AAR League

@cdassak:

Shadow & Jen,

Do you always stack 6inf in Bury on R1, regardless of KJF or KGF?

By leaving Bury empty it allows Japan to leave Manchuria empty on their first turn since its not at threat by any Soviet troops

• If Bury is vacant, I’ll grab it on J1.

But to be honest, I have gotten so used to “Pearl Heavy”, forces in Bury, and China not going as well as planned, that I automatically think of a Manch landing in NCM on J1 instead of a Bury landing in Combat…

• The 6 units in Bury are a 1 turn delay on 1 IPC.

On R2, those forces start retreating (and if the US landed planes there, they get left behind and destroyed).

Japan starts landing in Bury, and moves their China cluster into Sinkiang on J2.

Now those Bury Forces are in danger of being cut off, so they retreat again in R3 to Novo.  J3 Japan advnaces to Yakut and reinforces Sinkiang.

Now those 6 units from Bury either retreat to Moscow in R4, or get destroyed.

Stacking Bury does block that 1 IPC for 1 round.  But in doing so, they set up a situation where those units can do nothign but retreat or be destroyed all the way to Moscow.

There are other uses for that INF where it actually is a threat instead of just a “reduce speed” sign.

• I disagree with six inf in Burytia.  If Japan commits to killing them, USSR is defenseless.  Moving more infantry east simply means a weaker western front.  USSR solves Japan’s logistical problem of getting infantry to the front.

• Well I think most KJF theory now revolves around planting at least 1 fighter in addition to the 6 inf stack. That makes it tough for the Japanese to justify when they start with just 1 transport, which is normally what happens.

• 2007 AAR League

If you do the French indo china attack with UK, japan doesn´t have forces to do the buryatia strike and pearl.

• 2007 AAR League

47% chance of surviving with the Fig (uk) adn 57% of mutual destruction. (witch is fine btw)

• Nix has had some good success with his FIC open.

Removes a Japan FIG (making it as valuable a strike as Ukraine for Russia on R1), destroys land forces preventing any chance of India fallign on J1, no matter how much AF he brings (assuming TRN off Kwang is sunk by DST/AC combo), and also weakens the attack on China.

And goddess forbid the UK FIG lives and lands in China…  1 less FIG, 1-2 less INF for that attack by Japan… and against two 2’s and two 4’s…  Japan can win, but they will be THIN in Central Asia, non-existent in Soutern Asia, and possibly with Russia on their doorstep threatening Manch in northern Asia.  And still the US Pearl Counter, and some pesky UK ships around Australia to deal with…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m