???I it possible to win with the Allies??? Please tell me!!!

• I wouldn´t build a complex in Africa, but liberate it with land forces, which is more effective.
    It´s true that Japan will be threatening Moscow on rd 3-4 but so will UK,US threaten Berlin.
    The Ruskys can hold of some more rounds (Japan can´t take Russia´s capital so early because they need many troops in Central Asia and need some rounds to get them there whereas Russia produces directly in Moscow and has many Units there.)
    You just have to hold on until Ger has fallen or in a worse case trade Moscow against Berlin.
    It doesn´t work every time but you win quite often.

• MY Uncle bridges a tank and a man the first turn to Africa.
    WE know though that we can hold AFRICa by building a complex and taking a fighter or two there. IF India isn’t there to slow down Japan, Japan will be threatening Russia on rounds 3 and 4.

Building a complex just slows you down. Send the Indian forces over to attack Egypt. Japan can have maybe 3 tanks available to attack Moscow on turn 5 if they take India on round 1. Round 1 take India, Round 2 build complex, Round 3 built tanks, Round 4 move tanks to Caucasus, Round 5 in Moscow. That’s a lot of rounds for you to prepare. Any German incursions in Africa however can really screw up the UK. Having UK attack Egypt immediately gives you that time for the US to land in Algeria and march downwards.

• What would also help if if you tell us how your uncle manges his airforce and defense in W. Europe. Then I could tell you how fast you could/should be getting into Europe to help Russia survive.

• @osu888:

The problem we always have, by the time US has enough units to do some damage in Japan or Germany, the Russians are close to extinction.
    Have you guys ever tried shipping men from West U.S. to East Russia?

your units from west US could come to Moscow in 5th turn-but it is not a good idea from two reasons
    1:the units need 5 turns to come to Moscow
    2:Japan player can easily attack US Navy if it moves towards Japan in the first rounds

what i advice to you when playing US is to mass a large navy suported with air units and afcorse you should have at least 1-2 trainies and a few
    infantry

that how the Japan player would have to deal in Mainland Asia in pacific against you and if the UK has a navy in pacific which can if necesserally join with yours than Japan faces threats on all sides

and when playing Russia buy infantry only-that how you wont have much attacking potential, but you will hold one, maybe two turns more-and it´s not a small thing

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

A)  Russia has GOT to take out a German plane.  this is probably your ONLY opportunity of the war to kill a solitary German fighter and you need to take it.

B)  Abandon the Pacific.  Yes, Japan will get 45 IPCs a round, but they need to make industrial complexes and transports to use that money effectively, and that gives you some time to play.

C)  America needs at least 8 transports. (4 from Canada to England; 4 from England to Karelia)

• It sounds to me like you are sinking too much Allied cash into ICs and not enough into TRNs and men. You do not need an IC in Africa. Heck just with the stuff on the board at outset the US can put 2 INF, 1 ARM and 1 ART into French Equatorial Africa or Belgian Congo on turn two without putting those TRNs in range of German FTRs. Unless G is landing them in Alg.

Or if you don’t mind risking them (sacrificing them) to German airpower you can land that in ALG on US1. Or in a move I use and no doubt needs some refinement. US 1 get an AC, a TRN, a ARM and a INF and whatever else you want to do with what is left (more INF for WUS maybe or a FTR.) Get your WUS and EUS FTR on your new AC and move the SZ20 (Panama) DD to the EUS. Turn 2 you take your fleet and launch “Torch” the landings in ALG. On US3  you now have a nice fleet, 3 TRN, 1 AC, 2 DD and 2 FTRs and lots of troops to move around with it to cleanse Africa of the Germans, or threaten WEU, or SEU or can combine with the UK in SZ6 and just start pumping troops into Europe thru NOR or KAR.

If you have built more TRNs on turn 2 and three and have been moving land units from WUS, to WCA to ECA on turn 4 you should be landing a minimum of 6 units (3 INF and whatever combo of ARM, ART and INF you like) into NOR. Back and forth with TRNs from SZ2 to SZ1 and from UK to whichever grey or red space you like.

The Allies don’t need new ICs. They need to manage a TRN system of INF, ART, ARM and FTRs into WEU or NOR, KAR, ARC.

The US can abandon the Pacific because you can see any Japan move coming in plenty of time and as you are building your US INF and ART and ARM in WUS and then moving it to WCA and then to ECA and then to Europe and Africa. Now that may not always be the most expedient route but by turn 5 “the shuck” is going. The US needs TRNs in the Atlantic. Lots of TRNs. Now my outline isn’t very refined but it should give you some ideas.

A move against the WUS is most often preceeded by a landing in WCA or Alaska. Easily counter-attacked and retaken. A move of a TRN into range of WUS usually ends up being a feint to land in WCA when US drops some new INF and ARM or a FTR or whatever into WUS.

• @trihero:

What would also help if if you tell us how your uncle manges his airforce and defense in W. Europe. Then I could tell you how fast you could/should be getting into Europe to help Russia survive.

He leaves minimal men in W.Europe and S. Europe because he has overwhelming force the next turn to get it back so he realisticly don’t lose money. Me and my bro tried to land UK in Western E/ than fly 6 fighters(U.S) and some of their ground units to stop Germany from retaking it.

• There are a few keys to winning as the Allies.

1. before the game even starts all 3 Allies have to focus on 1 Axis power.  IMHO Germany should be the target.  Rarely is there a game where Japan isn’t a juggernaut, so pick on Germany and force them to defend.
    2. When the US isn’t landing waves of troops in Western Europe they need to be sending troops to Africa to secure UK IPC.

The Allies are harder to win with because they have to work together where the Axis don’t rely so heavily on teamwork.  However once you get a naval infrastructure secured there isn’t much the Germans can do.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Germany can try the old building 12 infantry a round deal and walking over corpses to Moscow.  But that’s a one trick pony.  You break their lines just once, and you’ve forced a 3 round retreat for them.  (1 to retake whatever they lost, 1 to rebuild and 1 to move forward past where htey were before.)

the trick is to have england attack first.  then America can attack the stack before it can be reinforced then, if necessary, russia can attack or reinforce America before Germany can even move again.  Rebuild.  do it again.

Get to Berlin before he can get to Moscow.  Try not to loose Caucasus since he’ll then have an IC next to your capital, a nightmare but not impossible to recover from.  And by all the gods of the dice, you have GOT to keep Japan reeling and advancing slowely!  it’s possible!

I’m in a game right now where I’ve kept Russia at or above their starting income 7 rounds in a row.  Meanwhile, Japan’s been thrown back wave after wave after wave for minimal losses by the Russians. (think this is the first round I’m actually in danger of loosing a tank.)

Of course, Germany has started her last desperate attack on Russia.  Doing the old wave o infantry thing.  But htat’s what you have Engish and American infantry for.  get those transports going.  Brition can dump 8 units a round into Karelia/Archangelsk or Finland/Norway every round.  America should be at 8-12 a round either into Finland/Norway or Karelia/Archangelsk  OR  Ukraine/Caucasus by way of Africa.  (that’s only 4-6 transports per set, 2 sets for America)

This isn’t that hard.

Also, read your opponents.  If you think you can tie them up in worthless territories, do it.  The Axis do not have the units to spare for arms races in out of the way fronts. (Ahem, like Egypt, Union of South Africa, etc.)  If you can stage troops there and tie up their units, all the better.

• He leaves minimal men in W.Europe and S. Europe because he has overwhelming force the next turn to get it back so he realisticly don’t lose money. Me and my bro tried to land UK in Western E/ than fly 6 fighters(U.S) and some of their ground units to stop Germany from retaking it.

Then I feel it is quite feasible to beat your uncle if all he does is build mainly tanks + 1 fighter here and there. What you’re going to want to do is take out his navy and take Norway with the UK on the first round, provided he doesn’t have his fighters within range to kill your navy. After Norway is taken, just keep landing as much as you can in W. Europe. This will take the pressure off of Russia in a jiffy. He can’t use his 8 tanks per turn both to take W. Europe back as well as invade Russia. At first the landings may seem ineffectual since it’s just the UK, but after a few turns the landings grow substantial because of the US, and it should no longer be economical for him to retake W. Europe. After that, S. Europe falls, and things collapse for the Germans.

If you can’t land in W. Europe, then just take it slow and mass troops in Karelia to protect the Russian’s northern flank until the US comes. A joint defense of Russia and UK together should be more than enough to stop the Germans from taking Moscow. Once you’re ready then march towards Germany with masses of troops.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m