L22 OOB ABH (X) vs WinterWarrior(A+40)

• Let’s call it a game, if that is okay. India is dead. China is dying next turn. Russia is dead the following turn. There are no areas of the map where the Allies will make any progress for the foreseeable future.

• One key strategy tip in the Pacific is that the Caroline Islands is an ideal place for the combined Allied fleet. It is easily reached from both Australia and Hawaii. It threatens almost the entire theater of operations for Japan, allowing attack on naval forces, islands, and the E Asia territories. Sometimes a ship blocker is necessary in SZ34 to preserve the fleet after the initial move there, but soon it has enough strength to withstand everything Japan throws at it.

• @arthur-bomber-harris I know the carolines is in a central location but you also had bombers and an airbase. You know the importance of the location and already had the counter for it.

• @arthur-bomber-harris Okay , I concede

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris
    Thanks for playing me , this was way more fun and competitive then playing against the computer.

Some things I probably won’t do in the future… move fleet into Japan’s waters. this probably set me back a couple of turns…
    Britain submarine strategy works against a computer not against a human with a yugoslav airbase…
    I usaully play pretty conservatively so i obviously will stop yoloing around so much. Probably 5-10 of those . first five went welll last five sunk my chances of a longer game…
    Purchasing probably needs to be more discplined and methodical. more logistics work the allies… more chuck chuck more balanced on both sides of the board.
    Reasonably happy with my bid strategy…
    Allies need to be able to win a scramble battle in the atlantic… and hold the center…
    and not get lost in the pacific.
    Need to be dangerous on all three sides of the board East west and Center.

• W WinterWarrior referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m