• All you have to do when you play A&A Europe is simply alter the Rules slightly For example in order for Germany to win it has to take over Britain and hold it tell its next turn. This basically makes the game totally even.

So once Germany takes Russia it gains russia’s ipcs and then the axis Ipcs are equal to the allied ipcs and thus the game at this stage is even, Germany can take convoy money and the allies have to defend convoy zones, BUT the allies have more places to amphibous assault and thus the Germans have more land to defend just like the allies have more convoys to defend, SO its an even based game.

Another alteration to the AAE rules are Germany has to take over all of Russia and all of Africa and than hold it until its next turn in order to win and i like this one because it is also historically correct, as Germany would have the main world oil supplies. Now with this new rule you may say then Germany can easily win like before, but the thing is Germany has to defend Tunisia as America is close to Tunisia and can therefore easily amphibous it and than resupply it and thus screw up Germany’s chances of winning.

I have only given you people 2 alterations to the rules and some tactics and pros that go with them, I think that everyone in these forums should at least play one of these rules and see how it goes.

Any problems or additions to these rules or tactics plz tell!

Enjoy the war while you can, because the peace is going to be hell - German People Of WWII

[ This Message was edited by: Seb on 2002-05-03 02:52 ]

• why do you want to alter the rules?

• Hold on Seb. Are you telling me that Germany has a such a huge advantage that the allies need help??? I thought everyone was saying that Germany was hard to win with. Please explain why the allies need help.

• When you become an expert at the game you realise that Germany can easily push through Russia and take Moscow. Thus when you become a pro at the game the allies will then look like the hard pressed team…

• Your thinking of Algeria, not Tunisia. Under those rules, its practically impossible to win as Germany.

If your looking for balance, try bidding.

• Yeah Algeria sorry.

I don’t know about that Yanny, with the money that Germany gets from Russia, the rest of Africa and by taking convoy routes the allies will have less economic power than Germany. Allowing Germany to decisivily win either of my new rule ideas.

But you may be right I have not yet tried out these new rules & they do seem a bit challenging.

But I really think Europe had the potential to be the best A&A board game but they screwed up somewhere, and Germany just wins every time so we really need a good new rule for experts.

[ This Message was edited by: Seb on 2002-05-06 23:45 ]

• So you bid :wink:

According to your rules, all I have to do is ship 20 or so infantry to Morocco and Germany has to take it back.

• HAVE YOU EVEN READ THE RULES? IF YOU TAKE OVER ANY ALLIED CAPITAL FOR A TURN YOU WIN. AND HISTIRICALLY ACCURATE WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHEN YOUR CAPITAL FALLS YOU BECOME A GUERILLA ARMY WITH MINIMAL COMMAND AND CONTROL, MEANING NO MAJOR ACTION.
    OH AND THE ALLIES CAN’T WIN? WHO ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR LITTLE SISTER?THEY START WITH 89 IPC’S TO GERMANY’S 40. DO THE MATH.

• Chill, dude! You are right, but there’s no need to be rude. Try lower case more. it’ll help you calm down if you don’t raise your voice like a Southern Baptist preacher thru the whole sermon. Emphasize the important points. Those who shout all the time have little of value worth hearing.
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Talk softly and carry a big stick.” - name that quotation

• DS, I saw the movie(your namesake). It’s one of my SF favorites!
    –-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. - Be very careful. Don’t tell anyone, but Yanny(the moderator) is developing a paranoid dictatorial on-line personality. Don’t upset him. SH! Did you hear something? - Xi

• ““OH AND THE ALLIES CAN’T WIN? WHO ARE YOU PLAYING YOUR LITTLE SISTER?THEY START WITH 89 IPC’S TO GERMANY’S 40. DO THE MATH.””

Indeed please chill. i did the Math & the allies Can’t wi. period.
    ONLY with a bid they can.

• what makes you think that germany will take russia just like that.If the russian player has half a brain he will be able to form a very strong defensive line strecting from lenningrad though belorussia down to ukraine

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m