After losing main capital, can you still buy if you have an I.C. elsewhere?

• Hello all,

If you lose your main capital (Japan for instance) but you have an Industrial complex elsewhere (say Indochina). Do you collect income after the next round :? I am aware that Japan loses her money directly after losing the home land. But after that?
    Oh, Japan does not have the opportunity to retake the home land in their next turn.

Thanks in advance for all information!

• You can’t collect income untill you (or an ally) liberate your capital

• 2007 AAR League

And all IPC you had are given to the player that takes your capitol.

So short answer is no becuse you have no cash.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ShadowHAwk:

Well you can buy if you lost your capital but this is verry dependant on the situation. Only 1 exists :D

You lose your capital and after that you take an opponents capital.
    Since you get his ipc’s you got some to buy with. Although this will be a verry strange situation for instance.

For instance Russia taking germany and on the next turn germany captures russia.
    In theory it can be done but in practice i never saw this situation ever.

I saw it once.  Japan took Russia after America took Japan.

We didn’t know what to do.  We decided that 50% of the cash went to Japan to spend and 50% to America because people on the front line were not yet informed to send it to the new Japanese capital.

• This is a good question, I wonder what the answer is…

• 2007 AAR League

It should be that Japan get´s all Russia IPC alone, since Japan did fall first they give the cash to USA, the Japan take Russia and get´s Russias cash.

Easy  ;)

• @Jennifer:

@ShadowHAwk:

You lose your capital and after that you take an opponents capital.
    Since you get his ipc’s you got some to buy with. Although this will be a verry strange situation for instance.

I saw it once.  Japan took Russia after America took Japan.

Actually you skip all phases but combat moves and NCMs, meaning you can’t collect income, and in answer to the original poster’s question - you can’t make purchases at all even if you should happen to sack some money meanwhile. This is from LHTR(box rules might say otherwise):

The former owner of the captured capital is still in the game but cannot collect income from any territories he or she still controls and cannot buy new units nor research technologies until the capital is liberated. That player skips all but the combat move, conduct combat, and noncombat move phases. If that power or one on its side liberates the capital, the owning player can once again collect income from territories he or she controls, including territories reverting control to him or her. Even so, the player cannot yet purchase new units. It’s a long road back from losing a capital.

• 2007 AAR League

damn, defeated by the “it´s in the rules” argument….

Sankt that is soo old…  :-P

• @Nix:

damn, defeated by the “it´s in the rules” argument….

Sankt that is soo old…   :-P

Yeah, I know. I felt like I was crashing your party with all your wild theories and misconceptions. Then I felt obligated to do just that so you wouldn’t entangle yourselves in an even larger mess you couldn’t get out of.

All good intentions, baby!  :-D

• Taking an enemy capital while yours is enemy held results in the destruction of money… the raided IPC’s can’t be claimed, they just leave the game.

So, in the example above, Japan can still help the axis by destroying Russia’s income, but Japan is still zero income, zero dollars.

Oh, interesting House Rule from an era long past…

Capital Relocation…
    If your original capital is captured, and you are in control of an enemy capital, you can re-locate your government to the former enemy capital.  you still lose all of your money when your original capital is sacked, and you obviously will not have money to purchase on your next turn.  But, at teh end of the next turn, your government has settled in to their new headquarters and collects any income from territories they still control, and continue from the former enemy capital…

I’;d prefer to just have Japan, in this case, hold the money until their capital is liberated.

• You are out your capital, and you want to be greedy?  LOL

Hey, when you are out of a capital, is it REALLY greed or desperation???

• maybe both

• @ShadowHAwk:

So the money is not lost it goes to the capturing player that cant do anything with it but can hold onto it. It can make a difference if the capital is librated since you can then buy immediately.

I concur with SH. There is nothing in the rules stating you can’t seize money during your turn even if you have no capital. You sack the money during combat movement phase. Clearly the money aren’t added to Tokyo’s treasury, but surely the Jap tank commander can hold the money until such time Tokyo should be liberated.

• I am going to ahve to dig into that and see what I find out… no time this AM though…

• 2007 AAR League

Is this really such a “common” problem that´anyone really need sto spend time looking it up?

• 1. It happened to Jen once. (or so she claims!)
    2. It’s about rules-question-answering-credibility…

Yeah, this has to be looked thoroughly into!  :-D

• I can’t see it happening all the time, but ofter our games come down to who’s going to fall first Germany or Russia. And in many cases it’s Germany that picks up Russia.

• 2007 AAR League

So, Sankt it has become a matter of “honor” right ?  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:    :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m