• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Feel free to comment on this topic and probably mostly by guys that play with victory city conditions in there game or other games.

I don’t understand why Rangoon is not considered a VC. With the huge fighting going on in Burma during WW2 I believe this city should be included.
    Most games I’ve played or seen is India gets stacked and with some good Jap pressure from Thailand and or from sea invasion too just basically defends India. With adding Rangoon as a VC this would force India to have to move troops out of India to take back Burma.
    Because most games both stacks just look at each other and nothing happens. Keep in mind I do have Monsoon season in game every 3 turns.
    Also the Japs would need to send more ground south and If you have the right setup with China they can come from the North like they did in the war. My game does.

Plus India would need to watch the bottom back door invasion of Japan ground troops from the sea to attack India or just get more ground to Burma by sea to protect Rangoon. SO they would need to balance it out.

This also would force US to come down by Dutch Islands more with joining the navies from India and Anzac. I can see Cairo sending troops to India more. But mostly India sends stuff to Cairo. This would also help open up the middle east oil campaign due to oil bonus victory points there for axis since now you have to balance out the 3 V cities ( Cairo, Calcutta & Rangoon plus protect middle east oil.

Still keep Singapore a VC based on the rubber supplies.

I think this is a good idea. Feel free to comment.

• '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 Customizer

Ha Guess nobody wants to make it right.

• General 6 StarsG General 6 Stars referenced this topic on

• @general-6-stars

I’m commenting!

I’m not sure that the fact I’ve never heard of the city until now either mean I’m ignorant or it isn’t important enough to be considered one.

Singapore is a great idea for a city, and if that’s combined with Rangoon, that would make things complicated for the British. Are you going to give them any more units or IPCs at the start?

What are your monsoon rules, exactly? Thank you!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m