• So in the other post there was a bunch of stuff about yankees, mets, baseball in general, etc. and i was just wondering what your opinions are, if any, on the possibility of a salary cap in baseball…it seems to me that the teams with the highest payrolls (i.e. yankees, braves, etc.) seem to always be at the top of the standings while teams with much lower payrolls (pittsburgh, minnesota, etc.) are usually (not always) at the bottom. Florida won the world series a couple of years ago because they basically bought their team…i think that should worry hardcore baseball fans…you should be the best because you work the hardest and have the most talent in an even system…not because your city/owner shells out more money. (I’m actually not sure where the money for payroll comes from so that would be great to know if anyone would post that too) :smile:

• "if any, on the possibility of a salary cap in baseball…it seems to me that the teams with the highest payrolls (i.e. yankees, braves, etc.) seem to always be at the top of the standings while teams with much lower payrolls "

No, no and double no. The mariners have a huge payroll…they do well, but they don’t win (*and the fans aren’t hardcore enough so that the mariners make a profit.) The Mets have a huge payroll, and they didn’t win a world series since 86. Yankees fans buy more tickets, hats and shirts than any other fan. We literally throw money into the team, so don’t take away from us.

In fact, I am wearing a Yankees shirt and hat right now.

• Putting Salary caps on a team basically says “Sorry, you have too many fans”.

And money isnt everything. Look at Boston.

• Boston is doing scary good this year.

Oakland is already winning by 1 today. damn.

• Boston always starts out well, like last season :smile:

My family is very weird. My father’s side (and me) are all Yankee fans, my Mother’s side are all Red Sox fans. Of course, my side currently has the bragging rights :wink:

• my dad says it best…The red sox do good but they suck because they can never take it all the way.

well they did…in 1919.

• “In fact, I am wearing a Yankees shirt and hat right now.” Quote

LOL…thats terrible, again what about those Expos!

• didn’t the expos beat the mets in their series?

• '19 Moderator

I’m wearing a Diamondbacks World Series Champions Hat right now. :razz:

I have some other clothes on too, in case you were wondering.

• What kind of undioes are you wearing!

Yanny, you stilll hate Giambi after that Hr?

• '19 Moderator

Since you asked, Right now I’m going commando! I’m swingin’ free!

Hehe…

GO D-BACKS

Yankers suck!!!

• Expos 17w 11L
    Their on top baby!!!

• I’m a big hockey fan, Devils :sad:, so I am not really watching baseball while the Stanely Cup playoffs are on. What Home Run?

• '19 Moderator

Sorry Mr Ghoul, but your boys are going to meet Mr. Schilling tonight.

“Always mystify confuse and confound the enemy” Gen. Thomas J Jackson
    D-Backs- 17W 11L

Red

[ This Message was edited by: dezrtfish on 2002-05-03 13:15 ]

• '19 Moderator

Can you say Back to Back to Back homeruns?

• arizona lost to the mets

who sucks?

• '19 Moderator

The yankies lost to the Diamondbacks :razz:

Well, at least they’re an american team. :wink:

• holy, you just wait……the expos are coming, going get you…and your little dog too.

• '19 Moderator

~SWEEP~

• On 2002-05-06 08:48, dezrtfish wrote:
    ~SWEEP~

LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m