• Risk is like a gateway drug:  it introduces you to bigger and better games.  :-D

• @Jermofoot:

Risk is like a gateway drug:  it introduces you to bigger and better games.   :-D

I started playing bigger and better games before I learned Risk  :wink:

• @Gen:

@Jermofoot:

Risk is like a gateway drug:  it introduces you to bigger and better games.  :-D

I started playing bigger and better games before I learned Risk  :wink:

What, were you born in a Games Workshop or something?  :mrgreen:
    Find that surprising considering how prevalent Risk and other “major” board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.) are compared to good, but more obscure games like A&A.  Ask a group of people on the street if they’ve heard or played those two and I’m sure you’ll see Risk winning over A&A (but you knew that, right?).

• What, were you born in a Games Workshop or something?  :mrgreen:
    Find that surprising considering how prevalent Risk and other “major” board games (Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.) are compared to good, but more obscure games like A&A.  Ask a group of people on the street if they’ve heard or played those two and I’m sure you’ll see Risk winning over A&A (but you knew that, right?).

I played Warhammer Fantasy for a while but I realized the complexity and slowness of the game, plus the prices of teh miniatures are so expensive.

And yes, of course I knew that, if you make an online poll in a non-A&A site about what game people like the most… they’ll say Monopoly. The only time I use my copy of Monopoly is when I need fortification pieces for A&A (I use the house and hotel pieces) :-)

• A real fun game thats actually allmost as good as AA is a game called Shiroco by TSR hobbies it came out in like 1986. It used a card system for moving the pieces. It was a game of battle in the african campaign ww2. look it up. i own 5 copies and we play mega games with it.

Compared to AaA yes it does suck… And even though I said yes I still owe it the honor of introducing me to “extended wargaming”…

GG

• 2007 AAR League

Indeed GG

• Yes if memory serves me right Risk was created before A&A, I think it was the first game to use the map of the world as a gameboard

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Risk rocks if you are locked in an Army infirmary with no TV, no computer, no Axis and Allies and only Risk or a deck of cards to fill your days for months on end!

• I don’t think Risk sucks at all. It’s a great game to play when you don’t have days to dedicate to A&A. It’s also a great game to play with family because it is easily taught

• Risk rocks if you are locked in an Army infirmary with no TV, no computer, no Axis and Allies and only Risk or a deck of cards to fill your days for months on end!

I don’t think Risk sucks at all. It’s a great game to play when you don’t have days to dedicate to A&A. It’s also a great game to play with family because it is easily taught

My only problem with Risk is that it’s more famous than A&A

• @Jennifer:

Risk rocks if you are locked in an Army infirmary with no TV, no computer, no Axis and Allies and only Risk or a deck of cards to fill your days for months on end!

What?  No poker?  I don’t believe you ever in the military.

Or was that phased out?

@Jermofoot:

@Jennifer:

Or was that phased out?

I said we had a deck of cards, dear.  A, as in singular, deck of cards.  (The rest were missing cards, and no, not ones you could canabalize from other decks.  For instance, the other three decks were all missing the Ace of Spades, two of the decks were missing the suicidal king…)

But yes, I learned how to play Texas Hold’em in the Army.

• @Jennifer:

@Jermofoot:

@Jennifer:

Or was that phased out?

I said we had a deck of cards, dear.  A, as in singular, deck of cards.  (The rest were missing cards, and no, not ones you could canabalize from other decks.  For instance, the other three decks were all missing the Ace of Spades, two of the decks were missing the suicidal king…)

But yes, I learned how to play Texas Hold’em in the Army.

Some people dont like the way I play Texas Hold’em.  While most people play with a serious face, I play like if I was fucking around, making fart noises etc.  It throws people off that I show no signs I either have a good hand or a bad hand.  I really dont care.  Its not like its a real sport anyways….its just for fun.

Back to the main subject, Risk is pretty alright just to kill time.  Id like to play that Napoleonic version though.  Seems pretty cool.

• Its awesome… I dont know why its not officially released in the states. Even the pieces are better!

I play hold-em like a mad woman.  Half the time I’m loose, half the time I’m tight.  But one thing’s for sure, I always bet the minimum when I have 2 aces in my hold cards!

• @Jennifer:

I play hold-em like a mad woman.  Half the time I’m loose, half the time I’m tight.  But one thing’s for sure, I always bet the minimum when I have 2 aces in my hold cards!

For reals?  I always go all in when I have bullets.  People think im just insane so they go for it too.

• Let’s start a poker thread!  Unless I missed it.

@MechanizedWarfare:

@Jennifer:

For reals?  I always go all in when I have bullets.  People think im just insane so they go for it too.

Nah, I go all in when the River’s out.  Until then, I wanna get the pot as large as possible.  Too many people fold if you go all in.

• @Jennifer:

@MechanizedWarfare:

@Jennifer:

Nah, I go all in when the River’s out.  Until then, I wanna get the pot as large as possible.  Too many people fold if you go all in.

That makes sense.  Sometimes I go all in without looking at my cards.  Sometimes it works.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m