Playing Minor Victory - Allies have no chance

• @Jennifer:

I’d like to hear an answer on the thought of moving the VC from Karelia to Caucasus.  That alone might make an 8 VC more of a balanced game.  Either that or go 9 and make Stalingrad in Caucasus a new VC so you don’t HAVE to take Moscow to win a minor victory.  (After all, once Moscow falls the game’s over most of the time anyway, that’s why it’s public enemy number one for the Axis.)

If you added a VC to the Allies in Caucuses, you would need to add one for the Axis as well to maintian balance.  If you put ANOTHER VC in Europe, you only serve to further polarize the game into European battles.  But where else can you put a viable Axis VC?  Manch? FIC?

If you are going to play 8 VC, and do not want to have the game totally slanted to the Axis, move the UK VC from Calcutta to Sydney.

• 2018 2017 '16 '11 Moderator

Why do you have to give the Axis another VC to even out the number?

And if I had to, I’d put it on Okinawa.  Encourages island hopping.

• Each side has an equal number of VC’s.  If you add an Allied one, you add an Axis one, otherwise the extra VC is an Allied advantage.

• @ncscswitch:

Each side has an equal number of VC’s.  If you add an Allied one, you add an Axis one, otherwise the extra VC is an Allied advantage.

Not really you can just make the rules 8 for axis and 9 for allies 😄 IF you rewrite the rules you can rewrite more then just 1 thing.

And IMO the game is fine with 8 VC you just have to think outside your normal pattern. If the allies allow the axis to have 8 VC at the end of round 1 they just deserve to lose or had bad dice luck because japan should never be allowed to take india turn 1.

Karrelia is a good spot for the VC since it allows easy help from the allies and that is really needed there but it makes it accesible enough for the axis. India the same it is not that easy to reinforce but it is also out of the way. And japan also cant attack it that easy determined defence here can keep it from the axis. It just makes KGF not at viable anymore but forces the allies to spread their forces giving the axis a better shot at the game.

The whole point of VC’s was to not make every game the drive to moscow but to give alternative means of winning. Making the game 9VC just means you ignore VC completely. 9 VC is the same as 12 for once you got 9 you will win.

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m