Playing Minor Victory - Allies have no chance

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I’d like to hear an answer on the thought of moving the VC from Karelia to Caucasus.  That alone might make an 8 VC more of a balanced game.  Either that or go 9 and make Stalingrad in Caucasus a new VC so you don’t HAVE to take Moscow to win a minor victory.  (After all, once Moscow falls the game’s over most of the time anyway, that’s why it’s public enemy number one for the Axis.)

• @Jennifer:

I’d like to hear an answer on the thought of moving the VC from Karelia to Caucasus.  That alone might make an 8 VC more of a balanced game.  Either that or go 9 and make Stalingrad in Caucasus a new VC so you don’t HAVE to take Moscow to win a minor victory.  (After all, once Moscow falls the game’s over most of the time anyway, that’s why it’s public enemy number one for the Axis.)

If you added a VC to the Allies in Caucuses, you would need to add one for the Axis as well to maintian balance.  If you put ANOTHER VC in Europe, you only serve to further polarize the game into European battles.  But where else can you put a viable Axis VC?  Manch? FIC?

If you are going to play 8 VC, and do not want to have the game totally slanted to the Axis, move the UK VC from Calcutta to Sydney.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why do you have to give the Axis another VC to even out the number?

And if I had to, I’d put it on Okinawa.  Encourages island hopping.

• Each side has an equal number of VC’s.  If you add an Allied one, you add an Axis one, otherwise the extra VC is an Allied advantage.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m