G40 Alt Tournament
G40 Alternate Universe – 2022 Tournament
See details below for an 8 player G40 Alt-Universe tournament to be played over the Forum starting in early 2022.
If you’re interested in joining please respond below or send @Contango a private message. There are currently 3 spaces available and priority will be given to the earliest responses.
- 8 Players, 1 vs 1, Single elimination tournament, random seeding
- Play format per the forum league rules #5 Through #9. (https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/28660/2020-league-rules)
- Game threads should be in the “Tournaments” section of the forum (https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/category/25/tournaments)
- Marti Dice Server, regular dice
- No Technology
- Sides chosen by bidding (see below)
- TripleA Map: G40 Alt Universe version 2.0.8 (note: does not actively enforce all game rules)
- G40 Alt-Universe Rules (Version Beta-1.3, as of 1.1.2022) -> Using 1940 Global 2nd Edition rules as basis
- Rules Doc available here: https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/36740/1940-global-alternate-universe-g40-alt-universe
Players should randomly chose who will bid first. The initial bid should be in the form of “Alliance: #” where “Alliance” is either Axis or Allies and “#” is the IPC bid. The opponent should then either:
o Approve the bid
o Offer a lower # value (including into negative values)
If a lower value is offered, then the decision will revert to the other player. This process should be repeated until a player approves a bid offered by their opponent.
When a bid is approved, the player who made it has purchased the right to play the alliance from the initial bid for the compensation of the agreed IPCs.
If the IPC bid is positive, it will go to the alliance from the initial bid. If the IPC bid is negative it will go to the opposite alliance as a positive value.
Spending the Bid:
Bid IPCs can either be allocated to the treasuries of the nations from the alliance receiving them or spent on additional units in the starting setup as follows:
- Limit one bid unit in a territory or sea zone.
- The nation placing a unit in a territory or sea zone must have started with a unit in said territory or sea zone prior to placing the bid.
- China is limited to bid units of: Infantry, Artillery, AA Guns (the units China is legally able to purchase) These units are still limited to movement/placement restrictions of Chinese units.
@Contango will serve as rules and tournament moderator and will have ultimate decision authority over any rule/game/tournament dispute.
Thread title should include the names of both players, which side they are playing and that it is a G40 Alt-Universe game.
Bid units should be declared in the first post of the thread.
The first round is now up and running with the below matchups.