I have found it on eBay at decent prices…the WW1 1914 on the other hand is a little pricey($275)
Global 1940 Play Testing US & UK Lend-Lease
This rule is part of the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.
The US & UK Lend-Lease rule concerns Lend-Lease between United States & United Kingdom.
More detailed information will follow.
Cool! I can’t wait!
The US & UK Lend-Lease rule is play testet with the following units & rules:
From the beginning of the US player’s turn in Late 1941 the United States can send up to 3 Air Units (all types of Air Units are included) to the United KIngdom.
Even if the United States is not at War.
Exception: Aircraft Carrier Based Fighter units cannot be part of the US & UK Lend-Lease rule.
From the beginning of the US player’s turn in Late 1941 the United States can send up to 3 Naval Units to the United Kingdom as part of the Lend-Lease program.
The Naval Units included are Destroyer units and/or Escort units.
The overall rule concerning these Lend-Lease units:
- US Air units must be converted to UK Air units in the United Kingdom territory
- US Naval units must be converted to UK Naval units in sz 109 and/or sz 119.
The rules must follow the same game mechanisms that applies to the Lend-Lease rules concerning the Soviet Union (see the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion page 19).
In other words:
- The US units cannot take part in any Combat during the US player’s turn before being converted to UK units.
- The UK player must pay 1 IPC for each Lend-Lease unit
- The US units must be converted to UK units on the first coming UK player’s turn
- If the US units are attacked before they are converted to UK units, they defend as usual. If these units are destroyed in Combat before they are converted to UK units, they do not count as Lend-Lease units - and the US player can therefore send new Lend-Lease units the the UK player.
We’ll keep you posted with play test results, as we go.
How can the US not be at war in Late 1941 when they can do so in Early 1941? Are there any reasons or strategies not doing so? Thank you!
@the-captain this looks pretty cool. I think UK could use a little boost. If it affects Germany too much, maybe consider giving a free U-Boat off Normandy the turn after they conquer it. The more the merrier lol
Anyway just a thought : )