• I have a question regarding AA. Does each AA get to fire on each plane during combat? Like for example I have 3 AA on a territory and my opponent attacks me with 3 fighters, do I roll 3 dices (one per AA up to the numbers of plane involved in the combat) or 9 dices (since each AA get to roll 1 dice per plane to a maximum of 3 dices).

My guess would be 3 dices since I don’t think you are supposed to target the same plane multiple times but I might be wrong. Additionally, if the right answer is 9 dices I would stay that this is extremely in favour of players spamming AA (especially if behind fortifications) since 12 IPP investment to counter a 30 IPP investment seems very interesting.

Thanks for your answers guys!

• @spartantom this is answered in one of the threads here already if you go back a ways… I’d try to re answer it now but it’s late here too tired to work it out in my head it’s a little complicated

• @linkler This is another subtle change from A&A. Unlike in Axis and Allies, there is no mention of a cap at the number of planes. (one shot per plane) There is only a mention of one shot per plane per gun
    This means, that if 5 AAA were attacked by 3 fighters, each fighter would get a shot at 5 times. Just absorb that for a minute, and remember that AA can attack too. And that there is air superiority. And then you start wondering why you put planes on the front line.
    It is certainly powerful, and make sure you know about it.

• '20 '16

@trig said in AA Clarification:

@linkler This is another subtle change from A&A. Unlike in Axis and Allies, there is no mention of a cap at the number of planes. (one shot per plane) There is only a mention of one shot per plane per gun
    This means, that if 5 AAA were attacked by 3 fighters, each fighter would get a shot at 5 times. Just absorb that for a minute, and remember that AA can attack too. And that there is air superiority. And then you start wondering why you put planes on the front line.
    It is certainly powerful, and make sure you know about it.

What!?! Has this ever been confirmed by the developers? I agree that is what the rules say, and I have simply never noticed until now, but I think that is a huge difference that deserves a descriptive example in the rules, if that is the case.

So, 4 AAA would get 4 rolls against a single aircraft, 8 rolls against 2 aircraft, 12 rolls against 3 aircraft, and 12 rolls against 4 aircraft?

Game changing!

• @captainnapalm Oh yes.

FAQ:
    A: They only participate in the first round of combat. Each Anti-aircraft Artillery gets 1 shot per aircraft, up to a maximum of 3 shots per Anti-aircraft Artillery unit. Refer to table for the number of dice the Anti-aircraft Artillery units get to roll based on the number of aircraft available as targets. Although Anti-aircraft Artillery units cannot fire in subsequent rounds of combat, they may be taken as casualties in any combat round.

[The table wouldn’t copy]

Example: Japan attacks Burma with 4 aircraft. FEC defends with 2 Anti-aircraft Artillery units. Thus, FEC would roll 6 dice.

• '20 '16

@trig Fantastic!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m