Global 1940 & 1943 Expansions Game Reports

• @victoryfirst you are correct i fckd up lol I edited a infantry to S Italy after placing, I’ll move the Bunker to Denmark. Thanks for the look out :+1:

• @barnee The game does look interesting. What turn is it currently? How are things looking on the eastern front?

• @victoryfirst

Great question! I hope the Axis win.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@victoryfirst said in Global 1940 Expansions Game Report Thread:

The game does look interesting. What turn is it currently? How are things looking on the eastern front?

Yea this has been another fun one. It’s currently Late 1945 USA. Went with some heavy U-boat builds early. They paid some nice dividends for a couple years with massive convoy damage on UK and kept the Allies from seriously threatening W Europe. The 110 UK Fleet did escape though.

The Wehrmacht is not getting deep enough or fast enough into Russia. Been having a major battle in Belarus for the last year. Panzer and Tank Armies have been destroyed, although Russia was able to replace one.

Germany went with a 262 Total War Build, so they haven’t replaced theirs yet. We’ll start next turn. Still have enough ground forces and massive Air superiority, to kill the Soviet armor concentration left there.

Screenshot from 2022-06-04 17-11-10.png

In the end I think the Axis are gonna be to slow. JPN is being pushed back everywhere now, though they still control China.

Maybe I’m still spending too much on N Africa. Idk. i hate to let those UK forces run free early though. They’ll support India as opposed to late war where i mostly rail a couple inf to Soviet E Front for blockers allowing the commies to concentrate there counter attacks.

Perhaps a little more early pressure on UK itself we’ll keep them honest and not allow full reinforcement of N Africa.

I might try and go a little early with JPN next time as well. We’ll see. I try to have a plan but it usually just breaks down to being opportunistic and taking kills where I can get them lol

Edit
    I’ve been testing the latest triplea prerelease and there is some incorrect behavior with the Waffen Armies. i imagine it happens with the commie corps as well, so that may have affected some battles, but all in all, probably not that big a deal in a big battle.

The current triplea stable works correctly

• @barnee

I’m still holding out for an Axis win.

Major bloodbath on the Eastern Front. Manpower is running low.
    Screenshot from 2022-06-05 03-17-34.png

• @barnee Lol how does the Eastern Front in your game have so few troops?

• @victoryfirst

That’s a very good point. The Captain’s games usually involve more units (not just types) than the original.

• 2024 2023 '22

@superbattleshipyamato

Sometimes I wonder how I got myself reading stuck the 150+ posts when I shy away from reading old conversations with 50 posts. I’ve been here from the start, and it’s much less intimidating to read a full conversation when it’s happening in “real” time.

• @victoryfirst heh heh it’s a meat grinder lol

Major American Naval defeat in the N Pacific.
    Screenshot from 2022-06-05 19-52-46.png

Screenshot from 2022-06-05 19-52-04.png

Spruance got overconfident. He’d been staying away from Land based Air but took a gamble. Now he is sunk lol. USA needs to build a new Fleet asap. They can but it’ll take away from the European Theatre. JPN gets a much needed breather and Germany somewhat as well.

The War continues.

• @barnee

Yay! Go Axis!

The Naval defeat leads to a crushing Land defeat in Amur.
    Screenshot from 2022-06-06 00-21-43.png
    The manchuko Army has the bit between there teeth once again lol

Hmm … USA limited to 4 Heavy Bombers. Overlooked that. Was gonna go big with at least half a dozen. See how the Reich would like that lol

Alas it’s not to be. Already got the Missouri and Iowa built too. Well … just buy a boatload of dudes then lol

• @barnee

Great!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Global 1940, No. 5 Game Report:

This Global 1940 Game Report includes the use of the complete Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

Note:

This Global 1940 two-player game ended Wednesday, 1st June 2022. Here is a brief situation report:

Players:
    Axis: Butch Cassidy
    Allies: The Captain

Early 1940 to Early 1943:

Germany launches a massive attack in the Atlantic. The First Battle of The Atlantic is won by Germany.

In Early 1941, Germany launches the attack on the Eastern Front.

Massive Panzer formations push their way forward on the entire Eastern Front. Multiple succesfull attacks secure the German War Economy.

Italy fights bravely in The Mediterranean and North Africa - but strong UK forces make further Italian progress impossible.

In Late 1942, Japan attacks Soviet Far East - and pushes back the few surviving Soviet Infantry units.

In the Pacific, Japan succesfully captures the Philippines.
    But Japan’s other attacks in the Pacific are less succesfull.

Most islands are heavily fortified with UK and ANZAC Infantry & Bunkers.

Late 1943:
    Germany takes over Italy.

The German War Machine is bogged down on the Eastern Front.
    Strong Soviet Army Groups have retreated & regrouped - and launches a massive counter-offensive, that threatens to encircle German Army Group South.

German Army Group South splits up its forces - and launches a small scale offensive into Caucasus & Stalingrad - while the majority of Army Group South retreats from Rostov to Bessarabia with all its mobile units.

Only a few Infantry units are left to fight as rear guard formations.

Strong Soviet formations attack the German units in Caucasus, Rostov, Stalingrad and Ukraine.

All German formations are completely destroyed.

Japan succesfully launches a large scale offensive from Sikang into Kazakhstan, to take off some pressure from the German Army.

United States launches multiple succesfull attacks in the Pacific - and lands in Normandy/Bordeaux with strong Tank & Armored Infantry units.

Early 1944:
    The German Army receives fresh troops on the Eastern Front - and launches a renewed offensive in the Southern part of Russia.

Soviet 1st. & 2nd Tank Army attack and destroy the Japanese invasion forces in Kazakhstan.

Simultaneously, Soviet Minefields & Tank and Guard units stop the Japanese offensive Yakut & Yenisey.

Leningrad & Western Ukraine are recaptured by The Red Army.

UK forces support the Soviet operations through Norway - and by Strategic Rail Movement from South Africa.

Strong UK Fighter formations are strengthening the Soviet lines against the German Army.

Late 1944 to Late 1945:
    The German Army launches its final attack on the Eastern Front in a desperate attempt to break through the Soviet lines.

The German offensive fails - and Germany is now facing strong Soviet forces on the Eastern Front - as well as strong UK & US formations on the Western Front.

The Japanese frontlines in Asia collapse due to heavy Allied attacks.

The last Japanese strongholds in the Pacific are eliminated by Allied units.

In Late 1945, neither Germany or Japan are able to halt the advancing Allied formations.

An Allied Economy at 209 IPC secures an Allied Victory in Late 1945.

DSC00064.JPG

DSC00058.JPG DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG DSC00068.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00066.JPG DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG DSC00072.JPG DSC00071.JPG DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG DSC00076.JPG DSC00075.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG DSC00080.JPG DSC00079.JPG DSC00078.JPG
    DSC00085.JPG DSC00084.JPG DSC00083.JPG DSC00082.JPG
    DSC00082.JPG DSC00081.JPG DSC00080.JPG DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG DSC00087.JPG DSC00086.JPG DSC00085.JPG

• @the-captain said in Global 1940 Expansions Game Report Thread:

Global 1940 Game Report:
    This Global 1940 Game Report includes the use of the complete Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

Note:

This Global 1940 two-player game ended Wednesday, 1st June 2022. Here is a brief situation report:

Players:
    Axis: Butch Cassidy
    Allies: The Captain

Early 1940 to Early 1943:

Germany launches a massive attack in the Atlantic. The First Battle of The Atlantic is won by Germany.

In Early 1941, Germany launches the attack on the Eastern Front.

Massive Panzer formations push their way forward on the entire Eastern Front. Multiple succesfull attacks secure the German War Economy.

Italy fights bravely in The Mediterranean and North Africa - but strong UK forces make further Italian progress impossible.

In Late 1942, Japan attacks Soviet Far East - and pushes back the few surviving Soviet Infantry units.

In the Pacific, Japan succesfully captures the Philippines.
    But Japan’s other attacks in the Pacific are less succesfull.

Most islands are heavily fortified with UK and ANZAC Infantry & Bunkers.

Late 1943:
    Germany takes over Italy.

The German War Machine is bogged down on the Eastern Front.
    Strong Soviet Army Groups have retreated & regrouped - and launches a massive counter-offensive, that threatens to encircle German Army Group South.

German Army Group South splits up its forces - and launches a small scale offensive into Caucasus & Stalingrad - while the majority of Army Group South retreats from Rostov to Bessarabia with all its mobile units.

Only a few Infantry units are left to fight as rear guard formations.

Strong Soviet formations attack the German units in Caucasus, Rostov, Stalingrad and Ukraine.

All German formations are completely destroyed.

Japan succesfully launches a large scale offensive from Sikang into Kazakhstan, to take off some pressure from the German Army.

United States launches multiple succesfull attacks in the Pacific - and lands in Normandy/Bordeaux with strong Tank & Armored Infantry units.

Early 1944:
    The German Army receives fresh troops on the Eastern Front - and launches a renewed offensive in the Southern part of Russia.

Soviet 1st. & 2nd Tank Army attack and destroy the Japanese invasion forces in Kazakhstan.

Simultaneously, Soviet Minefields & Tank and Guard units stop the Japanese offensive Yakut & Yenisey.

Leningrad & Western Ukraine are recaptured by The Red Army.

UK forces support the Soviet operations through Norway - and by Strategic Rail Movement from South Africa.

Strong UK Fighter formations are strengthening the Soviet lines against the German Army.

Late 1944 to Late 1945:
    The German Army launches its final attack on the Eastern Front in a desperate attempt to break through the Soviet lines.

The German offensive fails - and Germany is now facing strong Soviet forces on the Eastern Front - as well as strong UK & US formations on the Western Front.

The Japanese frontlines in Asia collapse due to heavy Allied attacks.

The last Japanese strongholds in the Pacific are eliminated by Allied units.

In Late 1945, neither Germany or Japan are able to halt the advancing Allied formations.

An Allied Economy at 209 IPC secures an Allied Victory in Late 1945.

DSC00064.JPG

DSC00058.JPG DSC00057.JPG
    DSC00069.JPG DSC00068.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00066.JPG DSC00065.JPG
    DSC00073.JPG DSC00072.JPG DSC00071.JPG DSC00070.JPG
    DSC00077.JPG DSC00076.JPG DSC00075.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG DSC00080.JPG DSC00079.JPG DSC00078.JPG
    ![DSC00085.JPG](You have uploaded too many files at one time. Please try again later.) ![DSC00084.JPG](You have uploaded too many files at one time. Please try again later.) ![DSC00083.JPG](You have uploaded too many files at one time. Please try again later.) ![DSC00082.JPG](You have uploaded too many files at one time. Please try again later.)
    DSC00082.JPG DSC00081.JPG DSC00080.JPG DSC00079.JPG
    DSC00088.JPG DSC00087.JPG DSC00086.JPG DSC00085.JPG

That 45 tanks in that stack ?

• @general-6-stars

If you are referring to the one in Ukraine, it’s definitely 40+ tanks.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The German Army Group South in Ukraine has a total strength of:

• 3 Infantry
    • 3 Mechanized Infantry
    • 3 Panzer Grenadier
    • 1 Waffen-SS Paratrooper
    • 3 Waffen-SS Infantry
    • 2 Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadier
    • 2 Waffen-SS Artillery
    • 1 Waffen-SS Panzer
    • 45 Panzer
    • 1st Panzer Army (1 Panzer General + 5 Panzer)
    • 1st Waffen-SS Army (1 Waffen-SS Oberstgruppenfuhrer + 1 Waffen-SS Panzer + 1 Waffen-SS Panzer Grenadier + 1 Waffen-SS Infantry)
    • 2nd Waffen-SS Army (same combination as 1st Waffen-SS Army)

Opposing this enormous force is the Soviet Army Group in Bryansk:

• 3 AAA
    • 1 Elite Infantry
    • 32 Infantry
    • 3 Guard Infantry
    • 26 Tank
    • 2nd Soviet Army Corps (1 Commissar + 3 Tank)
    • 1st Soviet Tank Army (1 Tank General + 5 Tank)
    • 2nd Soviet Tank Army (1 Tank General + 5 Tank)

In Bryansk the United Kingdom support the Soviet Army Group with:

• 13 Tank

For the units within each German and Soviet Army formations, see the pictures at the top of this post.

• @the-captain

The armies are in addition to all the other units, right?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m