• This post is deleted!

• @tincanofthesea It was an aggressive strategy combined with decent die rolls. Although by turn four the Allies halted the North Korean advance, trapped a sizable force in the lower Western corner of South Korea and made a decent amphibious assault into Hae ju.

• @all-encompassing-goose questions? LoL The South Korean player made a poor show of using his air units to hit North Korea early.
    The game is still under review for balance.

• It would be nice if this game will be produced.

Are there some ‘political’ rules? Like:

• Will the UN get involved and when?
    • What will countries like UK/France do?
      (as part of the UN forces?)
    • Russian help for communists? When/how?

• @thrasher1 I’m hoping it will… I’ve put a lot of work into it.
    ok Q & A…
    Yes the UN is involved. I set the game up with five main factions; North Korea and China (communist forces), South Korea, United Nations, and The United States (allied forces). Now the game is designed as a 2 player although it could be broken down for 1 player for each faction. I honestly would recommend either a 4 player North Korea, China, South Korea and United Nations combined and The United States.
    China doesn’t take active participation at the game start. The U.S.S.R. supports North Korea and all tech units (tanks/aircraft) come from the U.S.S.R.
    I didn’t break the U.N. forces down by nationality. Most of the U.N. troops were from the British Commonwealth Nations so I used British units to represent most of the U.N. forces.

• @thrasher1 OK so for some more game info… the game can be won in one of two ways. 1) total control of all Korean territories. Only happened in one of the 16 playtest games. North Korea played aggressive, and managed to push the allies off the pensula early in the game.
    2) by victory points. Each Korean territory is given a point value. Total of 100 points is split between North and South.
    At the end of each round of turns (both players have finished a turn), a die is rolled to determine a winner. If the die roll fails the game continues.

• @tincanofthesea when I designed the game I tried very hard to allow it to replicate any action that actually happened during the war.
    The war started in June 1950, by August North Korea nearly pushed the Allies off Korea completely.
    So yeah, that can happen in the game… although it isn’t very easy.
    Another example is that I changed the movement value for naval units from 4 to 5. My reason was that it was impossible to transfer units from the West coast (Inchon) to the East coast (Wonsan) in one move. This actually happened during the war. In October 1950 Marines were pulled from Inchon to Wonsan.
    The turns are month based. One turn round (both players have moved) equals one month.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m