• 2007 AAR League

@ncscswitch:

Well, the game with Cyan was a short one (we played hard all day Sunday, but Cyan left the side door open of the Reichstag).

Anyone up for one?  I have about just shy of a month before Round 2 of the Tournament (if game not over, on hold from February 15 until after round 2 of the Tournament).

I believe the proper term to describe that is “OH SNAP!”

• 2007 AAR League

Where’s the side door?

• 2007 AAR League

As a bit of a fun novelty game has anyone tried a Free for all game. If anyone else is keen I am. Maybe we could roll a dice and the 1 with the highest gets to choose what Power they want. Anyway its up in the air and let me know what you think.

• I’d be up for that!  I’m not sure how it will go very well but it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

• @froodster:

Where’s the side door?

In this case it was the one from the Baltic Sea…

• I’m brand new to playing  online, but would like to take the plunge with someone who has the patience to play with a newbie. I’m looking for a AAR game, and I’ve been toying around with the Frood.net dice calculator and ABattlemap to get comfortable with both. While I may be a bit slow at first getting used to the online map, I’m pretty quick when it comes to getting through the game.

• Alright, I’m out of the tournament and Sun Tzu is gone for the weekend.  Anyone else up for a game?  If so, drop me a line.  I’ve got some time to kill and a few strategies I’m anxious to test drive.

• 2007 AAR League

I’m looking for an opponent for a PBF game. PM me if anyone is interested. A&A Revised, no tech, Blind Bid … the usual.

• 2007 AAR League

Does anyone want to play a league game?

• 2007 AAR League

I’m up for a league game. It’ll be my first PBF game so I’ll probably need a turn to get used to it, but I’m dying to get into it.

I’m also open for a League game.
    As of right now turns might be a bit slower, I might have some time tonight, but then not until Wed or Thurs.

PM me if interested.

• 2007 AAR League

Is TripleA sanctioned for League games?

My hunch would be no (at this point).

That could change, but I’m not too familar with it.
    Games would still have to posted on the Forum.  I know there has been some work on TripleA to make that easier.  If that is possible (via cut and paste or whatever) then I kinda don’t care what players use to make games easier.  But turns do have to be posted.  Purchase, CM, Combat, NCM, placement, etc.  And as long as both players agree prior to start.

So, I would say no for right now (only), but not out of the question at some point in the future.  Unless Djensen and Switch have some more insight into TripleA and say it is okay right now.

Boy, I really have to check out TripleA now.  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

Drop tonez a line to see if he’ll share his triplea.jar file with you - that has the screenshot posting/movement summary features that make it userfriendly.

Of course, at present there is nothing stopping you from manually entering your move descriptions just as you do with Battlemap. I’ve also pm’ed djensen to get .tsvg files added to the authorized file types list.

• 2007 AAR League

To see what all the fuss is about with TripleA, check out the game thread here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=8331.0

All of the moves were generated by TripleA.  If you have no problems following this game thread, then you shouldn’t have any problems with players using (modified) TripleA.

(btw, I know I made some bad decisions in this game, so try not to be too harsh with your feedback!)

• 2007 AAR League

Anyone like to PBF?

I want to play in the league, but djensen recommended I get a game under my belt first.

Only think I don’t know of is where to bid.

-Wazz

• 2007 AAR League

You can bid at http://frood.net/aacalc/makegame/  :-)

• Hey. I’m looking for somebody who has great patience to help teach me how to play online. I’ve played the board game f2f a couple of times, lost everytime with allies, but would like to play more. I’ve been messing around with mapview and abattlemap and think I have those down. I’m not sure how those dice sites work, so I’d rather just use in the in-house dice. So if anyones interested let me know.

• 2007 AAR League

My dicey (at http://frood.net/aacalc/) is pretty easy to use - just enter the units in the battle, enter both player’s e-mail addresses and you’re good to go. Then you just hit the “Run” button and it will show you the dice rolled and e-mail them to both players. This allows you to confirm the dice.

I suggest playing around with it a bit without the e-mail addresses just to check it out a bit, you may find it a useful tool in planning your battles as well. But the inhouse dicey is good too, especially with the new one that djensen just added - try this.
    Example: Attacking with 5 Infantry 1 Artillery 3 Tanks 2 Fighters 1 Bomber:
    : aaa 4@1 2@2 5@3 1@4:

Removing the space before  “aaa” does this:
    DiceRolls: 4@1 2@2 5@3 1@4; Total Hits: 44@1: (6, 2, 2, 1)2@2: (6, 6)5@3: (4, 1, 3, 6, 4)1@4: (4)

I would love to play but alas have to focus on other priorities in life at present.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m