What if Germany magically had Plan Z?

• 2024 2023 '22

So whilst Hitler was planning for war with Poland the Devil met Hitler and informed him that he was going to give Germany the a self sustaining Plan Z fleet the day Hitler invades Poland. With that, Hitler cancels all new ship plans (including Bismarck and Tirpitz).

The all new ships the Devil are sending magically refuel, repair, and replenish lost crew automatically, and help fix all other problems of running a ship. The new ships in the Plan Z fleet do not include the new P-class pocket battleships. Ships that are already built at that point (such as the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau) do not magically appear again with the new functions nor do the existing ships receive the new functions.

Could Germany have won the war? Could they mount Operation Sealion? Thank you!

• At this far off the rails, you might as well just wish Op Sealion into success. The UK was willing to use chemical weapons to defend the UK. If the crews of your Plan Z fleet are dead, it doesn’t matter how invincible their ships might be.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @midnight_reaper

The thing is, these Plan Z fleet crews can magically be resurrected (they magically came to life, anyway). Also I would like to add the H-class battleships are the H-44 version.

• @superbattleshipyamato123 said in What if Germany magically had Plan Z?:

@midnight_reaper

The thing is, these Plan Z fleet crews can magically be resurrected (they magically came to life, anyway).

Good sir, you have left science fiction and alternative history (which is where the majority of the discussions here go) and charged straight into high fantasy.

Persistent chemical weapons are nasty, nasty things. Your magically delicious Plan Z fleet will be overloaded with constantly respawning dead.

Mind you, since you have wandered well away from anything that possibly “might have happened”, instead of persistent chemical weapons I’ll go with the following.

To counter the magical Plan Z German Navy, the Brits bring back Merlin and King Arthur. The Knights of the Round Table shall meet what’s left of the Op Sealion invasion force after Merlin uses hurricanes, tornadoes, magick storms, meteors, fireballs, and dragons to sink your invasion fleet.

Your Plan Z fleet might be invulnerable, but the transport fleet for your invasion is not so lucky.

As I said before, if you want Op Sealion to work so badly you are willing to use fan fic to get it, then just wish it into success. Anything less is just extra steps.

-Midnight_Reaper

• 2024 2023 '22

@midnight_reaper

Then it’s settled. Also, I think legend says that King Arthur will come in Britain’s time of need, not resurrected. Anyways, for Germany to even have a Plan Z fleet that can do something, it needs to be fantasy, otherwise if Germany really tried in real life since 1933, Germany will have half a Plan Z fleet, no modern tanks, rifles, aircraft, or artillery. Meanwhile, Britain builds a lot of ships which means the balance at sea doesn’t really change, and now even Poland can defeat the German Army alone. And that’s not even counting France. If Merlin is allowed, let’s add in the fact that Germany will have a bomb with the power of the core of the Sun-or enough to create another Ice Age. This can get fun (or not, you can spend time on other topics in this forum, I’ve got other topics to write in anyways).

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

people will quit engaging you if you keep this up. If you’re serious, playtest your ideas and share the results.

This has gotten old

• @barnee

Then I’ll stop. I was just curious of the results of a Battle of Jutland 2.0 involving Plan Z and the US and UK navies.

• Have you considered asking your real question? Could a fully built Plan Z navy take on both the Royal Navy and the US Navy? Probably not, but interesting to consider all the same.

When you start talking about deals with the devil, ships built out of thin air, and crews that can’t be killed, I have a lot of trouble taking your questions seriously.

I can’t speak for you, but I know that come here for serious discussion about Axis and Allies gaming. Yes, alternative history and the occasional hi-jink ensues. But I am starting to consider your posts to be noise. I don’t see the substance. You ask questions and when you get told that this particular set of alternative rules is rather set in stone, you blow off the person who answers you. That person has put time and effort into refining their presentation. You would do well to consider whether you need to ask the question before you ask it.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @midnight_reaper

Well, it’s just for imagination fun, it’s not meant to be taken really seriously. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m