How many times can a Lend-Lease Delivery be Interdicted?

• Let’s say a lend-lease delivery passes through three sea zones which each contain submarines of a nation at war with the sending Major Power. Do you only roll one time for Interdiction, or three? My thought is three.

• @hbg-gw-enthusiast I believe you roll for each sea zone.

“If the route pases through a sea zone that contains either:
    A sub… a plane on MAP… a fleet of at least 3 surface warships…
    The lend lease is subject to a convoy raiding die roll…”

I think the “at least” under surface ships makes it once per sea zone for that, and I believe that since the sea zone is mentioned overall and not the units, it is the sea zone that matters.

• @trig the FAQ is up, but it is stil unclear.

Q: If lend-lease delivery passes through three sea zones which each contain submarines of a nation at war with the sending Major Power, how many times do you roll for interdiction?

A: Three

Does this mean you roll for each sub, or for each sea zone with a sub?

Or, if you have two subs in one zone and one in another, what do you roll. 2 dice or 3 dice?

• @trig “If the route pases through a sea zone that contains either:
    A sub… a plane on MAP… a fleet of at least 3 surface warships…
    The lend lease is subject to a convoy raiding die roll…” - from your post of the rules. if the route passes through the SZ with any of those: the main reference here is SZ - not multiples of units in the SZ. I believe in your example you would only roll for interdiction twice, not 3 times. each SZ is one roll.

• @hbg-gw-enthusiast 3 SZ 3 rolls. no matter how many subs are in each SZ.

• @theveteran That was what I said, but I would like to see an FAQ.

• @trig eh i dont think its necessary, but sure.

• Rule 11.4 seems clear about Interdiction. The lend-lease is subject to « a convoy raiding die » (singular).

If the conditions are met, each Power rolls only one D6 (but repeat for each qualified seazone if needed) but there are no additional dice depending of the number of subs/MAP/warships presents in the sea zone for the purpose of this game mechanic.

I add than once there is a successeful interdiction in any seazone, it is useless to roll the for the other zones, as the lend-lease unit is eliminated - He’s dead, Jim.

• @noneshallpass very good! Agreed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m