ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game

• Russia’s up.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 3

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 3

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 13 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 cruiser moved from 114 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Novgorod to Archangel
            2 artilleries and 12 infantry moved from Ukraine to Bryansk
            4 infantry moved from Belarus to Bryansk
            8 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            2 infantry moved from Rostov to Bryansk
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            2 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Caucasus to Iraq
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Caucasus to Iraq
            7 infantry moved from Amur to Korea
                  Russians take Korea from Japanese
            5 infantry moved from Amur to Korea
            5 infantry moved from Yenisey to Timguska
            1 infantry moved from Yenisey to Timguska

Combat - Russians
            Germans scrambles 3 units out of Western Germany to defend against the attack in 113 Sea Zone
            Battle in 113 Sea Zone
                Russians attack with 1 cruiser and 1 submarine
                Germans defend with 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport
                    Russians roll dice for 1 submarine in 113 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 cruiser in 113 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport in 113 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/5 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Germans, 1 submarine owned by the Russians and 1 cruiser owned by the Russians lost in 113 Sea Zone
                Germans win with 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -10
                Casualties for Russians: 1 cruiser and 1 submarine
                Casualties for Germans: 1 destroyer
            Battle in Iraq
                Russians attack with 2 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber
                Neutral_Axis defend with 2 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber in Iraq, round 2 : 1/7 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Neutral_Axis roll dice for 2 infantry in Iraq, round 2 : 0/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Axis lost in Iraq
                    Russians roll dice for 2 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber in Iraq, round 3 : 3/7 hits, 3.00 expected hits
                    Neutral_Axis roll dice for 1 infantry in Iraq, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral_Axis lost in Iraq
                Russians win, taking Iraq from Neutral_Axis with 2 armour, 2 fighters, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                Casualties for Neutral_Axis: 2 infantry
            Moving scrambled unit from 113 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Western Germany
            Moving scrambled unit from 113 Sea Zone back to originating territory: Western Germany
            Trigger Russians Conquer Japanese Territory By Mongolia: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_Mongolia_May_Change_To_Russians_Control_Switch attached to Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Iraq to Caucasus
            2 aaGuns moved from Amur to Korea
            2 aaGuns moved from Ukraine to Bryansk

Place Units - Russians
            10 infantry placed in Russia
            3 infantry placed in Volgograd

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 37 PUs; end with 37 PUs
            Objective Russians 2 Spread Of Communism: Russians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 40 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans regular : 2.33
    Russians regular : -1.83
    Neutral_Axis regular : -1.00

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

japan s up

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I thought Russia’s moves were undebatable.

• @crockett36
    Um Why didn’t we take Korea with US? That would put more people there+allow US to build somewhere useful.

Then the Russian move would be much more powerful.

Why not kill the sub in SZ123? Then 1 ftr could protect it. Becomes a 0/95/5 fight for the Germans, rather than 1 SS vs. 1DD (in the case where one DD dies, like here)

Why not buy 1 art with Chinese. Won’t always have Yunnan…

Why did we sacrifice 2 French ships in the Med? We could have stayed put, convoying Italy — especially given the US lucky hits in Gibraltar, because the Germans were going to have no more planes to attack with…

The battles I’m understanding your thoughts… the NCM part of the turns are causing me pause, and since you don’t stop to ask. I don’t see how I can help.

• @surfer questions answered.
    because I wanted to keep the transport and encourage more Japanese units to move north. This is a diversion. Only thtee planes can reach Korea. I get a shot at every one AND those planes don’t participate in the Sz 6 battle. Also I have a small second wave if he doesn’t take Amur. This is huge and will cause him headaches as he has to send grounders north or build them in Japan.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

What sub in 123? No sub on my map.

ABH just told me he’s going to have a 100 TUV round. I expect Yunnan to be attacked. I want him to suffer.

• @crockett36 Lastly Task force ginger was always suppose to go to 98. I am pulling his navy apart and opposing his operations in the Indian Ocean.

His German purchase made it clear that Moscow is off the table. We can almost start to be aggressive there. He must have a late sealion in mind as a hail mary. That’s one of the reasons I wanted the Italian attention in 97. So he didn’t tag team 91.

• @crockett36 Reverse Moscow calculator 35 infantry if he waits til turn 7., 13 mech, 18 tanks for grounders. He’ll add more tanks from the factories. Assume 6 tanks turn 5 and 3 turn 6. plus a Berlin build of 8 next turn. so 35 tanks. 7 German air if he doesn’t work them to death. turn 5 berlin build will be dive bombers so 5. bringing air to 12. Bomber build turn 6. five if he can get away with it. (Let’s not let him) 17 air. So 35/13, 5, 35, 17. 105 units if we don’t make him build the atlantic wall.

• Haven’t studied the map, but I have a feeling that the true danger right now is the japanese expansion. Seems they will explode now. If Axis wins in the Pac, all beautiful efforts in EU won’t make an impact.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Russian def: 80 units currently, From Moscow 30 more 110. 10 more ipcs this turn, 4 more next. Maybe 4 extra as I lose territory but pick up tobruk. at that point in time I’m not sure I want more cash. I might just want to send that army group south home. So 110 plus 4 and 4. Optimistically I’m calling it 105 units vs 118.

Tanks built in Berlin next turn can’t reach Moscow until 7. nor can the Finns. t6 is out.

• @trulpen You might want to study the map commander. He can’t take Sidney without 100 commitment which would leave the home island in danger of being fire bombed. the china is a quagmire and the brits have a reserve force to reinforce the Indians. And the fleet in 98 could either oppose a divided IJN or threaten the soft underbelly. Moscow is definitely turn 7 with plenty of allied planes that could reinforce. Hawaii is being reinforced. He currently has only two factories and is double or triple counting planes and men.

• Just looked at the map. Since R is likely to become strong, I say it’s a mistake to take Italian Somalialand with UK. Why not leave it for R? It’s 3 IPC that helps a lot against the german circumcision. Get Tobruk and Libya for R, if you can. It’s worth it to take out eventual italian resistance with air-strikes.

Grabbing Korea with R instead of US is also a huge mistake. You had a tr just waiting for that move and Korea was empty. Now the northern maneuver with USN made even less sense. The russians would be great to support the invasion. R can’t possibly build anything in Korea, while US really needs some facilities at the front. Think surfer mentioned this already.

Also, attacking Korea nullifies the Mongolian treaty, so now J is free to hit any russian territories without the drawback of activating Mongolia. When entering Korea as controlled by US, it won’t cancel the treaty. It’s a beautiful move.

A Yunnan stack is nice, but keeping Calcutta safe is more important. The two territories connect to some extent, helping the situation in the other. However, when looking at the Yunnan stack and what J can attack with, I’d say it’s too weak. J has 15 land units, so hardly even risk any air. Having bad defensive odds in Yunnan is ok as long as the toll on the JAF is heavy enough. J can’t expend its air easily, which is its strongest asset in the early game.

After annihilating the chinese and UK-Pac, J won’t actually need that much effort to crush Australia. It looks dangerously empty in the south Pac.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 3

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 fighters, 3 infantry, 3 mech_infantrys and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            9 infantry moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            2 artilleries, 1 bomber, 5 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 4 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
                  Japanese take Burma from UK_Pacific
            1 armour moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 infantry moved from Celebes to 44 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 45 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Caroline Islands to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from 36 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 41 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from 42 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 41 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            2 battleships, 1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Dutch New Guinea
            Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 submarine
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Dutch New Guinea from ANZAC, taking 26 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in 79 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter
                British defend with 2 transports
                    2 transports owned by the British lost in 79 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                Casualties for British: 2 transports
            Battle in Malaya
            Battle in Amur
                Japanese attack with 9 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 9 infantry in Amur, round 2 : 0/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Amur, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Amur
                    Japanese roll dice for 8 infantry in Amur, round 3 : 3/8 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Amur, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans lost in Amur
                Japanese win, taking Malaya from UK_Pacific, taking Amur from Russians with 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in 6 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    1 submarine owned by the Americans, 2 cruisers owned by the Americans and 1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter owned by the Japanese and 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese retreated
                1 carrier owned by the Japanese, 3 destroyers owned by the Japanese, 1 submarine owned by the Japanese, 2 battleships owned by the Japanese and 1 cruiser owned by the Japanese retreated to 19 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 battleship remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                Casualties for Americans: 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 aaGun and 2 infantry; Chinese defend with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 17 infantry
                    British roll AA dice in Yunnan : 0/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Yunnan, round 2 : 12/31 hits, 13.67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 19 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 5/22 hits, 7.67 expected hits
                    5 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 aaGun owned by the British, 9 infantry owned by the Chinese and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Yunnan, round 3 : 14/26 hits, 12.83 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 8 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 4/11 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    4 infantry owned by the Japanese, 8 infantry owned by the Chinese, 1 fighter owned by the Chinese and 2 artilleries owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 53
                Casualties for Japanese: 9 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 aaGun and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 17 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Japanese owned units to: battleship = 1
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Japanese owned units to: carrier = 0
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            1 fighter moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Hunan
            1 fighter moved from 79 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 42 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to 41 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 bomber moved from Yunnan to French Indo China
            5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 transport moved from 41 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Yunnan to French Indo China

Place Units - Japanese
            2 submarines placed in 6 Sea Zone
            3 fighters placed in Japan
            1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in French Indo China
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Kwangtung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5
            Japanese collect 57 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs

Chinese regular : -2.67
    Americans regular : -0.17
    Japanese regular : 0.33
    British AA : -0.50
    Russians regular : 0.33

Savegame

• That was a 113 TUV swing and leaves the Allies with few options to counterattack. Here are some of the key lessons.

1. strafe attack on SZ6 was key to leaving my fleet in a position to safely rest after combat. I might have been able to go one more round there, but it was starting to be dicey if the Allies decided to counterattack on USA’s turn.

2. USA should have taken Korea because the Mongolia neutrality now remains intact with the Japanese move into Amur.

3. China should have retreated and then counter attacked when Japan took Yunnan. They could have played that game for a long number of turns, keeping me bogged down in a stale mate that favors the Allies.

4. Protect your transports. I sunk 21 PUs worth of transports this round. The Allies have few options to reclaim islands for the foreseeable future, and it will be tough to even retake New Guinea.

5. have the ANZAC fighters in a better location. They should have been able to sink the Japanese transport and perhaps strafe off an infantry if they were stationed on your airbase.

I think a US strategy to join up with the ANZAC fleet near Queensland would have been much more effective than this plan. Germany is in trouble, but should last a long time before falling. Japan is now out of control.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 3

Game History

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 3 fighters, 3 infantry, 3 mech_infantrys and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            9 infantry moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            2 artilleries, 1 bomber, 5 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 4 tactical_bombers moved from Kwangsi to Yunnan
            2 artilleries, 1 fighter, 4 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber moved from French Indo China to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
                  Japanese take Burma from UK_Pacific
            1 armour moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Java to 42 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 42 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            1 armour and 1 infantry moved from 37 Sea Zone to Malaya
            1 infantry moved from Celebes to 44 Sea Zone
            1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 44 Sea Zone to 45 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 45 Sea Zone to Dutch New Guinea
            1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 33 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Caroline Islands to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from 36 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 41 Sea Zone to 79 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 42 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 fighter moved from 42 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            1 carrier moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 41 Sea Zone to Yunnan
            2 battleships, 1 cruiser and 2 destroyers moved from 36 Sea Zone to 6 Sea Zone

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Dutch New Guinea
            Battle in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 submarine
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 26 Sea Zone
                Japanese win, taking Dutch New Guinea from ANZAC, taking 26 Sea Zone from Neutral with 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in 79 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter
                British defend with 2 transports
                    2 transports owned by the British lost in 79 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 14
                Casualties for British: 2 transports
            Battle in Malaya
            Battle in Amur
                Japanese attack with 9 infantry
                Americans defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 9 infantry in Amur, round 2 : 0/9 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Amur, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese lost in Amur
                    Japanese roll dice for 8 infantry in Amur, round 3 : 3/8 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Amur, round 3 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the Americans lost in Amur
                Japanese win, taking Malaya from UK_Pacific, taking Amur from Russians with 8 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 1
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Americans: 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in 6 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 2 battleships, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter, 1 submarine and 1 tactical_bomber
                Americans defend with 1 battleship, 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 2 battleships, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 3 destroyers, 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 5/8 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Americans
                    Americans roll dice for 1 submarine in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.17 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 carrier owned by the Japanese
                    Americans roll dice for 1 battleship, 2 cruisers and 1 destroyer in 6 Sea Zone, round 2 : 1/4 hits, 2.00 expected hits
                Units damaged: 1 battleship owned by the Japanese
                    1 submarine owned by the Americans, 2 cruisers owned by the Americans and 1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 6 Sea Zone
                1 fighter owned by the Japanese and 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Japanese retreated
                1 carrier owned by the Japanese, 3 destroyers owned by the Japanese, 1 submarine owned by the Japanese, 2 battleships owned by the Japanese and 1 cruiser owned by the Japanese retreated to 19 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 battleship remaining. Battle score for attacker is 38
                Casualties for Americans: 2 cruisers, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
            Battle in Yunnan
                Japanese attack with 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers
                British defend with 1 aaGun and 2 infantry; Chinese defend with 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 17 infantry
                    British roll AA dice in Yunnan : 0/3 hits, 0.50 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 9 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Yunnan, round 2 : 12/31 hits, 13.67 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 aaGun, 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 19 infantry in Yunnan, round 2 : 5/22 hits, 7.67 expected hits
                    5 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 aaGun owned by the British, 9 infantry owned by the Chinese and 2 infantry owned by the British lost in Yunnan
                    Japanese roll dice for 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 4 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers in Yunnan, round 3 : 14/26 hits, 12.83 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 8 infantry in Yunnan, round 3 : 4/11 hits, 4.00 expected hits
                    4 infantry owned by the Japanese, 8 infantry owned by the Chinese, 1 fighter owned by the Chinese and 2 artilleries owned by the Chinese lost in Yunnan
                Japanese win, taking Yunnan from Chinese with 4 artilleries, 2 bombers, 8 fighters, 1 mech_infantry and 7 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 53
                Casualties for Japanese: 9 infantry
                Casualties for British: 1 aaGun and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Chinese: 2 artilleries, 1 fighter and 17 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Japanese owned units to: battleship = 1
            EDIT: Changing unit hit damage for these Japanese owned units to: carrier = 0
            1 fighter moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to 19 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun moved from Manchuria to Amur
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to Hunan
            1 fighter moved from 79 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 42 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 42 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Yunnan to 41 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 bomber moved from Yunnan to French Indo China
            5 fighters and 5 tactical_bombers moved from Yunnan to Anhwe
            1 transport moved from 41 Sea Zone to 36 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 36 Sea Zone to 20 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            2 submarines placed in 6 Sea Zone
            3 fighters placed in Japan
            1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys placed in French Indo China
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Kwangtung

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 5
            Japanese collect 57 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Japanese from 36 Sea Zone: 1 transport
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Japanese to 33 Sea Zone: 1 transport

Chinese regular : -2.67
    Americans regular : -0.17
    Japanese regular : 0.33
    British AA : -0.50
    Russians regular : 0.33

Savegame

• moved a transport in this edit to Carolines. More useful than off the coast of Asia.

• I don’t give up games readily, but when looking at the map I’d throw in the towel here. Japan is more or less unstoppable and with their economy running amok it will likely be a swift kill.

I don’t understand though why J didn’t grab more territories in China? This is OOB, so no guerilla.

Also, without having calculated anything, I also don’t understand why retreating from z6 was better? The plan should be to purchase solid fleet that can keep the navy safe. Also the 6 kamikaze are still live. Now J stays with 2 dmg bs that won’t get repaired next turn and also no possibility to scramble air. Seems like a pretty bad move, sorry to say. But please correct me if I’m wrong.

• R can go in with full force in Manchuria and then US can attack the fleet with 1 dmg bs, 6 fig, 1 tac. It’s a shady battle, but must be best to follow through.

• @trulpen almost all of the US planes can reach SZ6 so it was getting to be dicey. I didn’t want the USA to have a desperation attack that could change the game when Japan was in such a solid position. That battleship is in trouble anyway.

Good point that I should have taken more Chinese territories. I forgot the OOB rules since I haven’t played this for so long.

With Germany in such a bad position, I am not sure if it is time to throw in the towel yet, but it isn’t looking good.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m