ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game

• The math is that G has a 50 % risk of losing 1 fig. The effect is that those ruskijs are dead, maybe taking 2-5 inf with them.

• @crockett36 said in ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game:

The air you are referring to here–is that Russian air or British?

Russian.

• It’s beautiful however if UK are able to strafe Iraq on UK2, thereby taking out 1-2 neutral inf while shifting over the units from Persia into Jordan. That maneuver usually requires atleast some air.

• @crockett36 said in ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game:

I’m not committed but I like it a lot more than a free lunch for the Germans up there.

It’s actually a huge commitment considering the context.

I’d rather give the germans a free lunch in Leningrad than in Moscow. ;)

• @trulpen If we back off the front and let him come to us, we can attack him in Karelia. The magic of aggression works for us too. If we take out the Fins in Karelia, it’s hard for him to hit us. transport, no reinforcements and he has to use mobiles to chase us to Norway. Pulling him apart, stretching out the Axis balloon.

I’m really open to all of the above: Scandinavia, Middle East or helping China. No Limit or Squirecam or Surfer? Thoughts?

• @trulpen That is the either-or fallacy. You could have both and one or the other. With the desired reaction from the enemy, we could effect Moscow. I do not want to keep Leningrad, btw.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

With an all land buy on G1 + Yugo strafe, Germany is set to quickly pounce on the Eastern front. I would agree with max defense buy for Russia. All inf and save the $1.

I also like the Russians pushing to the south for free money. No sea lion, so I would plan on heavy investment in ME by UK, especially activating Persia UK1. They can strafe Iraq UK2 and activate NW Persia. Russia can then take Iraq R3 with fast movers + plane. The other territories may be in play later.

I do not care about Novgorod. Indefensible except for 1 turn. Retreat to Belarus and reinforce the south with the new units. G can put 24 inf + 5 art in E. Poland + fast movers. Russia just can’t even push back on that, yet.

• @trulpen said in ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game:

I wouldn’t expect it, but if there’s a GDOW2, then Iraq is possible already R2. Just make sure in that case to keep pansar in Caucasus.

With the strafe of Yugo, the chances of a GDOW2 increases dramatically.

Don’t think it’s wise to attack Iraq R2 with 1 mech, 1 tank, 2 fig, 1 tac. It’s too shaky and could get very expensive just for a 5 IPC boost.

Instead an attack there R3 is juicy, with the 2 inf from Caucasus first annexing NWP and position pansar for it during R2. The air is good then in Caucasus.

If no GDOW2, then UK should annex NWP and strafe Iraq so R may go in with the pansar and air R3.

Pansar will be able to get back for the defense of Moscow. The inf won’t. The drawback is that the 2 units that go for Africa (1 is too slow) won’t be part of home-defense, but I believe that the extra income will make up for it.

G won’t be able to shut down production, which is a big plus. In OOB it’s however more about taking out R as early as possible. This makes the strategy of extra income perhaps a bit suspect.

As I said before it’s even more crucial to keep Moscow with this strategy, so the other allies have to go more out of their way in order to support it. It’s an even greater challenge in OOB.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 12 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            4 infantry moved from Vyborg to Karelia

Combat - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 aaGun moved from Novgorod to Karelia
            1 submarine moved from 115 Sea Zone to 113 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery, 1 fighter and 7 infantry moved from Novgorod to Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Belarus
            3 infantry moved from Baltic States to Belarus
            2 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
            3 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            1 armour moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            1 mech_infantry moved from Volgograd to Caucasus
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Kazakhstan
            6 infantry moved from Buryatia to Yakut S.S.R.
            2 aaGuns and 6 infantry moved from Sakha to Buryatia
            6 infantry moved from Amur to Buryatia
            1 fighter moved from Belarus to Caucasus
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Caucasus
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Russia to Bryansk
            1 submarine moved from 127 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Archangel to Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            3 infantry placed in Ukraine
            9 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 37 PUs; end with 38 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• @crockett36 This is my proposed turn. Not the real thing!

• @crockett36 I would be willing to reduce the karelia stack by 1 or two. I want him to send fighters to attack the troops. figs are a force multiplier and worth trying to take out.

• @crockett36 for those in cell phones

• I strongly advice against a stack in Karelia. Anything that doesn’t move back will be trapped and annihilated. There’s no real advantage defending, except inf defending @2. This is easily overcome by crushing odds, which are dictated by the attacker.

With this setup and a GDOW2 he doesn’t even have to attack the stack at first, but can secure both Vyborg and Finland. You will actually not tie him up at all.

Russia is not yet a strong attacking force, but has to focus on defense. The exception being a venture to ME. I think the setup towards Iraq is good, but the idea can be contested.

The air has the option to support a Yunnan-stack R2, if that’s viable. It’s good to have options.

I’d put the cr in z114 instead, so that it can block an amphi towards Leningrad.

The sub to z125 is pretty good, but it will likely be put down soon. An alternative is to salvage it by moving it to z111 aiming to combine with allied fleet in z91. It can be a devastating can-opener against Italy.

• Btw, I consider aa to be more of a defensive deterrent than an offensive tool. The chance to kill german air is low and it’s better needed in Moscow. As are the inf.

In order to make the north excursion a success, you also need to be a danger on the offense. As it is now Russia isn’t, and not much can change that. Excepting perhaps a crazy bid.

• Gentlemen, let’s change tack and try this: let’s count Moscow backwards. I call this the battle for Moscow calculator. We already know the approximate composition of the beseiging force. Those infantry on the eastern front will be the only infantry in the battle, yes? The artillery will be the only artillery. If he delays one round the slow movers one off the front will join him. He will buy 10 tanks this round. Probably round 3 as well. Round 4 might be more tanks but it might be dive bombers. Round 5 will be bombers. Please give me your projections of the German army assaulting Moscow turn 5 or turn 6. This is vital information.

• @crockett36 income projections would be helpful for both Germany and Russia

• It’s too complex an analysis with too many variables. What we do know however is that a dedicated Barbarossa is very tough to handle. Russia needs to maximize its defense. It’s not impossible, but will need help of quite a lot of foreign air.

Germany can’t afford a lot of tanks. Some tanks will likely be built, but the mech is rather the golden unit.

• @trulpen Assuming the turtle, we can add to the current eastern front and France troops plus 11 tanks min or 15 mechanic s. Max. The following turn must be tanks. His income will be determined by our actions. We can’t determine Italy’s income but we can decide whether or not he gets Leningrad t2 or t3. We can determine whether he gets Ukraine t3 or t4.

If no one else can do it I will in the next 24 hours.

• '22 '21

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m