ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game

• a +47 TUV swing in that round. The allies can’t afford that many losses.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Commanders

• @crockett36 you will need to focus on turning the game around in the Pacific as India is only able to build a couple infantry per round which will die in the Burma meat grinder. I don’t understand how the American planes in Siberia will provide much assistance, or how the UK fleet will be able to join up with USA Pacific fleet.

I don’t see how that side of the map will be able to hold up unless you sustain nearly 100% of the USA spend for an prolonged period of time. You probably need 3 aircraft carriers along with a couple of transports built this turn so they can start sailing towards Queensland to provide a second front for the Japanese.

• @crockett36 I don’t think that you will get that much detailed advise from your team as it is difficult to provide counseling in a Play-by-Forum match. Let me know how you want to proceed.

• @arthur-bomber-harris tonight or tomorrow morning I will post to YouTube and post here with pix. I’m going to pm a few people to comment. Perhaps a direct appeal. I know no limit will if I ask. Still very excited. Just very busy.

And this is a big turn. I am I interested in stepping forward and also returning to us2. That little misunderstanding provides a rich what if that would nicely tend to my few open sores.

• It is difficult to get people to respond on these tutor games. I haven’t been very useful for the other match that is going on at the moment. Let me know if you ever need advice on strategies as winning/losing this match is not important to me. Losing would actually be a good sign that my tutoring is useful.

I think it is time to go back as your fleets are so out of position to do much of use, with the Med fleet trying to get to the Pacific but will be unable to hook up, and your USA Pacific fleet so badly decimated that it can’t stand toe-to-toe with the IJN for many turns. Everything is collapsing in the Japan side of the board, and Germany will be able to get a big income to hold off the Allied invasion for a long time.

Should we go back to the very beginning. I would propose an A+100 bid and head to G1.

• @arthur-bomber-harris I’m still under the delusion that I’m winning. So let us proceed if you don’t mind.

• @crockett36 no problem continuing so you can see how this plays out. It could take a bit of time for India and Siberia to collapse, but after that the economic advantage for the Axis should be quite large.

• I suggest just playing it out quickly according to your own sentiments, @crockett36. Waiting for responses that won’t show is just too tedious. To my eye the game was lost long ago, so that’s the reason I haven’t invested time in input/advice.

If you start it over I think the present bid of 69 is more than sufficient. Perhaps you’ll allow me then to take a more active part? I’d be happy to help you embarrass Axis. 😉

• @trulpen agreed. Things went off course when the Americans started to push the fleet up north instead of challenging the IJN in the Money Islands/Carolines, and then went further and further astray.

You have so come far yourself since that first tutor game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I will forge on.

• @crockett36 as you correctly analyzed, the plan for the Axis is a an economic battle with attrition playing a key part to grind down Allied forces wherever possible. Australia, Hawaii, and Moscow are safe for a large number of turns, but the fall of Middle East, India, China, and Siberia will be a big blow to the Allied economy.

• How about Japan just swiftly nailing 6 VCs?

• @trulpen that obviously will be possible if the United States does not spend a large fraction of their production on the Pacific side. I will have to evaluate what is feasible after the fall of India.

• @arthur-bomber-harris scramble into sz 6? I’m coming in with 3 figs and 1 diver.

• @crockett36 no scramble.

• @arthur-bomber-harris I’ll do it tonight around 7pm

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 4

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 4

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 2 artilleries, 2 destroyers, 5 infantry and 4 transports; Remaining resources: 5 PUs; 

Combat Move - Americans
            3 fighters moved from Siberia to 6 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Siberia to 6 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Siberia to 20 Sea Zone
            1 carrier, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter and 2 submarines moved from 10 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
                  Americans take 26 Sea Zone from Japanese
            2 mech_infantrys moved from Western United States to Eastern United States
            1 destroyer moved from 103 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry, 1 mech_infantry and 3 transports moved from 89 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            2 artilleries, 1 destroyer, 4 infantry and 3 transports moved from 101 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone

Combat - Americans
            Battle in 20 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 1 bomber
                Japanese defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 20 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 1 bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport
            Battle in 6 Sea Zone
                Americans attack with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber
                Japanese defend with 3 submarines and 1 transport
                3 submarines owned by the Japanese submerged
                    1 transport owned by the Japanese lost in 6 Sea Zone
                Americans win with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 transport

Non Combat Move - Americans
            3 fighters moved from 6 Sea Zone to Manchuria
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 6 Sea Zone to Manchuria
            1 bomber moved from 20 Sea Zone to Manchuria
            2 infantry moved from Gibraltar to 91 Sea Zone
            1 armour, 3 artilleries, 9 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from 91 Sea Zone to Morocco
            3 bombers moved from Siberia to Timguska
            3 fighters moved from Siberia to Manchuria

Place Units - Americans
            1 transport placed in 10 Sea Zone
            3 transports placed in 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry placed in Eastern United States
            2 infantry placed in Western United States
            1 destroyer placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer placed in 10 Sea Zone
            1 artillery placed in Central United States
            Americans undo move 7.
            1 artillery placed in Eastern United States

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 77 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

for real US turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m