ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game

• The thing with z97 is that UK would prefer not having to take any hits on the ac, so this makes things shakier than what the calculator suggests.

• You also do not want to move away the air from Calcutta, if possible. It will be needed when contesting J in the area.

• Oh, missed the tr in z71. Then Ethiopia is very safe.

• I see something else now as well when looking at Asia. I would stack Yunnan with all we got. Max the chinese. Land the fig in Burma. Get the UK in with all its got and maybe also some or all of the russian air (which I think was better in Caucasus, as I suggested earlier; still would both reach Yunnan and pressure Iraq from there).

• Don’t agree with the US-purchase at all. Will redo that as well in the suggestion. Of course, do with all of this as you please.

• Don’t see the point of going with the tr to z87, but I think it should go to z91 together with the fleet, unloading 2 inf to Gibraltar.

US will scare away the subs from z106, so perhaps another purchase as well? 1 sub (z109), 1 fig (London), 1 mIC (Cairo).

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: British round 1

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 1

Combat Move - British
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from 10 Sea Zone: 3 transports
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Western United States: 3 infantry
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Americans from Southeast Mexico: 1 harbour
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 101 Sea Zone: 1 carrier, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Americans to 9 Sea Zone: 1 carrier
            Turning on Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            1 submarine moved from 91 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 91 Sea Zone to 96 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 destroyer moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from United Kingdom to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to 96 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 98 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Union of South Africa to 71 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 71 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 76 Sea Zone to Ethiopia
            1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Ethiopia
            1 fighter moved from Malta to 96 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Malta to 97 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Scotland to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Egypt to 98 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 98 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from 76 Sea Zone to Ethiopia
            1 mech_infantry moved from Egypt to Ethiopia
            1 cruiser moved from 39 Sea Zone to 76 Sea Zone
            3 infantry moved from Malaya to Shan State
            6 infantry moved from India to Burma
            EDIT: 1 artillery and 10 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from Szechwan to Burma
            EDIT: 2 infantry moved from Burma to Yunnan
            EDIT: 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from India to Yunnan
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from Burma to Yunnan
            EDIT: 1 cruiser moved from 89 Sea Zone to 91 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 artillery moved from Brazil to Central United States
            EDIT: 1 mech_infantry moved from Hawaiian Islands to Central United States
            EDIT: 2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 63 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 2 infantry moved from 54 Sea Zone to Queensland
            EDIT: 1 cruiser moved from 63 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 fighter moved from 89 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 submarine moved from 15 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 destroyer moved from 24 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            EDIT: British undo move 39.
            EDIT: British undo move 38.
            EDIT: British undo move 37.
            EDIT: British undo move 36.
            EDIT: British undo move 34.
            EDIT: 1 submarine moved from 15 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 battleship, 1 carrier and 1 cruiser moved from 89 Sea Zone to 26 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 armour moved from Western United States to Brazil
            EDIT: 1 artillery moved from Mexico to Hawaiian Islands
            EDIT: 2 infantry moved from 63 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            EDIT: 1 transport moved from 63 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 infantry moved from Mexico to Western United States
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to Gibraltar
            EDIT: 1 bomber moved from United Kingdom to Gibraltar
            EDIT: British undo move 29.
            EDIT: 1 cruiser moved from 89 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to Eastern United States
            EDIT: 1 carrier moved from 9 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 carrier moved from 101 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to Eastern United States
            EDIT: 1 cruiser moved from 89 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from Hawaiian Islands to Eastern United States
            EDIT: 2 fighters moved from Queensland to 26 Sea Zone
            EDIT: 1 fighter moved from 26 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            EDIT: 1 carrier moved from 10 Sea Zone to 101 Sea Zone

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Take Persia with 1 art from Calcutta. Move everything into Burma.

• @trulpen So I hate the 54 stack idea. Lots of money. no way to catch up. Andrews words not mine. So we will go with my no free lunch strategy in the N Pac. This is composed of a harassing of Japan’s homeland. This does not have to be effective. It only has to drain resources from Calcutta. The three transports and units in and around Japan are supposed to go south. This draws him north and bleeds the army.

If he ignores it, we unite with the Russian army and bomb Japan itself, eventually invading Manchuria and head for the nearest victory city.

The European adventure is still on. Join with the British navy and cruise through the Med to the Indian Ocean where we will oppose our enemy and support the British recapture of India by isolating the occupying force t5.

Again commanders, Australia can either have 5 of my fighters and two ground units to shore up their defensive capabilities or we can go no free lunch in the north pacific. In Europe Task for ce ginger is committed. work around this strategy. US will make it’s move tonight.

• @crockett36 All of the British battles posted above by me are above or at 90 percent. I can take one guy out of the iraq invasion, but I am not buzzing without an infantry. Those battles are also commited. The positioning of the fleet off London is debatable. I welcome your input.

I will take one more day on the British turn. Does the Yunnan stack work without the Brit figs? I will not use them defensively this early in the game. The problem with the dead zone is that if he sticks to the coast the Chinese must make for Hong Kong asap.

• In OOB it’s 6 IPC extra to China for controlling the Burma road. 2 inf each turn. I’d say this is a big priority regarding countering japanese expansion. Right now it will be rather easy to control it, mainly because of the lucky outcome of the battle in Yunnan. Use it.

I don’t agree with z54 being a waste. It’s an outpost. The fleet pressures the DEI, which is an extremely important objective for J (20 IPC income), but also Philly, Paulau, Guam, Carolines and Marines. It’s not worth much in itself, but is a great positional square, reaching for other aims.

Anyhow, at this point I think Hawaii is the first outpost. We simply don’t want to lose Hawaii. An alternative is to block with a des, but then z54 would be a bit shaky, which is why I think consolidating the navy in z26 is a good move, which then also pressures z6/Korea.

I reiterate, US should focus most of its efforts in the Pac right now. Don’t leave the Pac.

I’m very conservative about building bases. It’s 15 IPC that won’t go into fighting units. What I see the nb in Mexico is a waste. It does not provide near enough advantages for what it costs (more or less 1 carrier).

There’s no need to rush things, but the Allies need to consolidate and prepare for counters.

With UK I’d go for Ethiopia instead of Tobruk, boost z97 and take Persia instead of Iraq. That’s my 2c.

You are of course the high commander, so the final decision is yours. I just try and provide thoughts, perspective and advice.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I will consider not doing Tobruk for this reason. If the Luftwaffe tries to sink a robust fleet it will spell doom for Germany so Italy must do it. In this event I can keep the sub and convoy all game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

54 is out of the question. To attack a fatal front is foolish to never use the ships but"threaten" is worse. Either I fortify Sidney or I do north lock. There will be no taking of worthless but strategically important islands.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

I am open to build suggestions.

• @crockett36 said in ABH and crockett36, (A+69) tutor game:

I am open to build suggestions.

If you crush the italians it’s sweet to have a mIC in Cairo immediately. We just don’t want to risk losing it.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Okay so let’s play musical jobs: the British home fleet will now be task Force ginger, steaming to oppose the ijn in the 39. The US will build task Force Olive to go to 91 and then either into med or project force over the Channel. It will have one transport with it. I will build two cvs and a destroyer.

The air in hono go Australia as does the transport with two infantry. The rest of the pack fleet go north and support an amphibious land into Kam. Here in the north Pacific we will have naval and air superiorityy. From here we combine with the Russian and drive towards a vc

I will consider not doing Tobruk for this reason. If the Luftwaffe tries to sink a robust fleet it will spell doom for Germany so Italy must do it. In this event I can keep the sub and convoy all game.

Yes, and Italy has the french fleet by Toulon to take care of as well. Might very well be worth it to sacrifice air in order to keep the fleet intact for maximum defense power. There is a surplus of air anyway in the area.

Shutting Italy out down like that will have a great impact on the continuation.

Okay so let’s play musical jobs: the British home fleet will now be task Force ginger, steaming to oppose the ijn in the 39. The US will build task Force Olive to go to 91 and then either into med or project force over the Channel. It will have one transport with it. I will build two cvs and a destroyer.

The air in hono go Australia as does the transport with two infantry. The rest of the pack fleet go north and support an amphibious land into Kam. Here in the north Pacific we will have naval and air superiorityy. From here we combine with the Russian and drive towards a vc

Feel free to try that strategy. I’ve never done it. Seems a bit cumbersome logistically to transfer all that fleet east instead of keeping pressure where they are. Will be interesting.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

TripleA Turn Summary: Americans round 1

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0.0

Game History

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Americans
            Americans buy 1 carrier, 2 destroyers and 2 fighters; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Americans
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: has removed 1 factory_minor owned by Americans in Western United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Eastern: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Eastern United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Central: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Central United States
            Trigger Americans War Production Western: Americans has 1 factory_major placed in Western United States

Combat Move - Americans
            Trigger Americans Unrestricted Movement: Setting movementRestrictionTerritories cleared for rulesAttachment attached to Americans
            1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Western United States to 10 Sea Zone
            1 battleship, 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 fighter, 1 infantry, 1 mech_infantry, 1 tactical_bomber and 1 transport moved from 10 Sea Zone to 4 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western United States to 4 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from Hawaiian Islands to 4 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 26 Sea Zone to 10 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Central United States to Alaska
            1 destroyer moved from 26 Sea Zone to 16 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 26 Sea Zone to 24 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser moved from 26 Sea Zone to 15 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Central United States to Western United States
            3 mech_infantrys moved from Central United States to British Columbia
            1 fighter moved from Eastern United States to Gibraltar
            1 artillery moved from Eastern United States to 101 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 101 Sea Zone to 86 Sea Zone
            1 armour moved from Central United States to Eastern United States
            1 cruiser moved from 15 Sea Zone to 8 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - Americans
            2 fighters moved from 4 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
            1 mech_infantry moved from 4 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
            1 infantry moved from 4 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
            1 tactical_bomber moved from 4 Sea Zone to Soviet Far East
            1 artillery moved from 86 Sea Zone to Brazil
                  Americans take Brazil from Neutral_Allies

Place Units - Americans
            1 carrier and 2 destroyers placed in 101 Sea Zone
            2 fighters placed in 101 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Americans
            Americans collect 52 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Americans 1 Homeland: Americans met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Americans 3 Defense Obligations: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Americans 2 Outer Territories: Americans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 72 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Calling this Operation Endzone. Task force Vodka is set to completely dominate sz 6. Should buy Calcutta a turn or two. Will present to ABH before I leave for work at 8am. Comments are welcome.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m